Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

mann big blocks are hard to......

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mann big blocks are hard to......

HEY fellas man i never knew big blocks were so hard to break in its been crazy for just the two tanks i have run through this new 4.6 hpi motor.......I had to heat up the cylinder head to 200 degrees so i could pull the pullstarter.....im telling you I couldnt keep the temps above 130 unless i held the heat gun on the motor head while the truck was running thats how bad the motor wanted to cool... i increased the idle for it....I had to put in a hotter plug......it was nuts......sooo i promise you this thing ran through like two tanks of fuellll tooo quick i had her running rich trying to do the heat cyclemethod.....so after the second tank i gave it a rest and now i can pull the pullstarter and the motor turns over but it still has some pinch so hopefully the next couple of tanks will go smooother. i forgot to mention i also put foil on the cooling head.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mann big blocks are hard to......

LEAN IT OUT!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

lol Ok hpi i have a question tho i read the manual so dont post that on this thread as i know you get slap happy with that link........but if i lean it out what if it starts making that whinning sound like the motor is winding out after i have gotten on the throttle.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well obviously if it is spewing out oil it is way rich, so lean it out some to get it running cleanly, if its making the whining noise check the temp, you might not have enough airflow to it, if not, then i would seal up the engine to make sure there arent air leaks
Old 06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

alright.