Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

I Want To Know How To Sand/Water Proof A RC Car

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

I Want To Know How To Sand/Water Proof A RC Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
KodyC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Want To Know How To Sand/Water Proof A RC Car

If I Wanted To Go To A Beach With My RC Car I Want To Make Sure No Sand/Water Gets Into The Engine. Can Someone Please Explain To Me How To Sand/Water Proof My RC Car. If You Can Please Tell Me The Supplies I Would Need, Where To Buy The Supplies, And About How Much It Would Cost.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
RC_HAVOC

Default RE: I Want To Know How To Sand/Water Proof A RC Car

Well if you mean by driving on sand it should be fine, but if you want to drive in water...well good luck . You cant really "water proof" an engine unless you have rubber seals but I dont think they make any with them and you cant put any on. Also make shure you clean the engine good and add WD-40 or after run oil after cuz its really moist there.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
dude54325
Banned

Default RE: I Want To Know How To Sand/Water Proof A RC Car

WRONG!!! NEVER!! I MEAN NEVER put WD-40 in a nitro engine!!! WD-40 is a light oil and will cause the engine to "Gum UP..."! JUst use after run oil.