Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

MacStar .28.....HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:37 AM
hyper121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MacStar .28.....HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi,

I'm trying to tune my mac star 28 engine in my Hyper 7 but I'm having a little trouble with the idle. When at idle the rpms will go very low and the engine will have a very deep sound and then cut out,

if I try to pull away from idle giving full throttle the engine will die.....I have to blip the throttle to get it going and then open it up.

I was thinking this may be because the needles were set wrong and too much fuel was going in at idle and bogging down the engine!

So from factory settings I have turned the HSN round 3/4 rotation and the LSN round just over Half rotation.

Having never tuned an engine before I am unsre how far these will go but dont want to lean them too much as I dont want to damage the engine!!

the break in has been done exactly as the booklet describes, and also if I increase the idle the car wants to creep forward and revs quite high.

ANY IDEAS GUYS N GALS!!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MacStar .28.....HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
ocod

Souds like your rich on the low speed b/c it stalls when you go Full Throttle. Try turning it in 1/8 of a turn. Best thing I've read is if you got it started adjust the HSN Leaning it IN 1/8 of a turn checking Temp after High Speed runs. Once Dialed in adjust the LSN IN leaning until you get a quick take off and can idle for about 30secs. Make sure you see smoke or its to LEAN and IT WILL DETONATE.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: ocod

Souds like your rich on the low speed b/c it stalls when you go Full Throttle. Try turning it in 1/8 of a turn. Best thing I've read is if you got it started adjust the HSN Leaning it IN 1/8 of a turn checking Temp after High Speed runs. Once Dialed in adjust the LSN IN leaning until you get a quick take off and can idle for about 30secs. Make sure you see smoke or its to LEAN and IT WILL DETONATE.
Firstly hi and welcome to the forum....secondly, this thread is old and if he's not got it sorted by now then.....
Also Apollo has given the link to engine tuning...all questions are answered.
Try not to raise an old topic unless the thread is something unusual.

Btw..being lean does not necessarily lead to detonation...more overheating.