Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

i should have listened

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 PM
megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i should have listened

a bunch of you tried to tell not to go with a wasp 28,but did i listen,,,NO!!!!was pretty good for about a half gallon or so,now,cuts off at about 240 degrees,wont start till completely cool,pinch is still goood and tight,when it runs its decent,but i should have listened,now i be lookin at a spec 3 or an sts for the savage
Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: i should have listened

If pinch is still good then it sounds like a tuning problem not engine problem. 240 is not hot at all.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 AM
ttoks

remember you can have pinch, but have no compression, warped sleeve? or score marks in the sleeve should be what your looking for, if theres either then the engine is buggered, if the p/s are in good condition its probably just a tuning issue like TWT said, symptoms sound like a classic case of loss of compression though.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 AM
megamaxx

thats what i am thinking as well,ran it agin last night,fired right up,ran alittle rich(engine was still cool)got to 210-220,started running good,240 shuts down,plugs good,pulled it,its getting fuel,nothing,even drop a couple of drops of fuel down the plug hole,wouldnt fire,survey says.............................................. ........toasted wasp
Old 11-16-2007, 07:16 PM
madmax93

I also had the wasp .28 and mine would do the same thing. It would die right after it got hot and then would not restart. What a waste of money.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 PM
madmurph

Have you checked the plug?