Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

this aint's suposed to happen to a OWB..

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: this aint's suposed to happen to a OWB..

ORIGINAL: stussman

My thunder tiger bump box with dual stick packs was easy as to set up (am a newb 2) for my hellfire and it turns over my os 28 ok. Never had a problem with it, its light, the stick packs last a long time 2.
Stussman, that's very interesting to hear.. I was told the TT box won't cut it with 28's cuz it only has one 770 motor.. For starters I will definitely be using dual stick packs and not lugging some car battery around, so if you had no problems with the OS 28 and the TT box then maybe I should go for it.. There's one going on a local forum here for 50(Euro..) bucks... Otherwise I've been told it has to be a dual-engine Ofna box, which if I also ran with stick packs I guess would either have less juice to each motor, or eat up the juice that much faster??...........

BTW, how about a vid of that OS 28 in action??

(Maybe that would make ttoks reconsider - and make me finally pull the trigger...............)
Old 12-31-2007, 08:35 PM
stussman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new os28 has good pinch but not crazy huge. The TT box turns it over ok and the stick packs last along time. Ive had no problems at all with it and recomend it. Iam hanging to see a vid of another os in action too. Its a serious mill for racing or bashing.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:53 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

ORIGINAL: stussman

My thunder tiger bump box with dual stick packs was easy as to set up (am a newb 2) for my hellfire and it turns over my os 28 ok. Never had a problem with it, its light, the stick packs last a long time 2.
Stussman, that's very interesting to hear.. I was told the TT box won't cut it with 28's cuz it only has one 770 motor.. For starters I will definitely be using dual stick packs and not lugging some car battery around, so if you had no problems with the OS 28 and the TT box then maybe I should go for it.. There's one going on a local forum here for 50(Euro..) bucks... Otherwise I've been told it has to be a dual-engine Ofna box, which if I also ran with stick packs I guess would either have less juice to each motor, or eat up the juice that much faster??...........

BTW, how about a vid of that OS 28 in action??

(Maybe that would make ttoks reconsider - and make me finally pull the trigger...............)

dude stick packs suck, and they cost way too much money...You need to run a 12V gel cel...its a small motorcycle sized battery that easily fits into the starter box...it provides way more cranking power to your starter box then any stick pack setup as well it cost much less money

http://www.rcplanet.com/Gel_Cell_12V_Battery_s/813.htm

I use a car battery only as an emergency backup...but i also park my car in the pits at the track..So its very easy access under my cars hood.... I have a set of jumper cables I can connect to my starter box if needed
Old 01-01-2008, 02:10 PM
The Winner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi ttoks! bad new for your lrp!cry! now i have problems with my lrp(after 20 liters) i need bearings and owb(the owb can i buy it without buy the backplate?) and a con rod! and another problem is that i strip a screw at the backplate and now i cant remove the backplate! any solutions?