Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

.15 OS CV Compression UPDATED (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:15 PM
el_georgie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .15 OS CV Compression UPDATED (PICS)

I got a on road car from my bro, and I took it to a hobby shop for a check he said the engine wasnt making any compression because you can move the the starting flywheel with little effort with your finger. I started the car hours before but it didnt last for long. I just want to know how do I check with a little test if its making compression and if is that how do I fix it? he said buying a new motor. Please let me know of anything I can do cause I really want to play with that thing!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:05 PM
xfighter

Default RE: .15 OS CV Compression

well if it has no compression then most likely its trash. but u could have an air leak. get high tempered silicon and seal the backplate up and carbarator. but first check for air leaks. all u do is cover carb up and hook fuel house to hsn and blow. then take soap and water and brush over the front bearing and around backblate and carb. make sure glow plug is on tight. that could be leaking to. let me no if i made any errores.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
125cchyperman

Make sure the Glow plug is on nice and tight then make sure that the heat sink is properly tightened down. Then turn the flywheel with yoru finger, if it takes little to no effort and you will have to do one of two things. Either buy a new P/S set and rebuild the motor or buy a whole new motor for it. The best way to go is to just buy a whole new motor for it as a to properly rebuild the motor it will cost nearly the same as a new motor will.

What xfighter said you only have to do if your enigne is overheating though. You dont have to do all of that for a compression check, thats if your engine temps are sky high and if richening the needles do nothing to affect the engine temp.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:04 PM
el_georgie

theres the engine, how do i find a replacement I want a .18 since im upgrading lets go bigger..I notice that mine has that flywheel and the clutch that shaft or whatever is called is longer than other i''ve seen online..so please help me to find a replacement...THANKS!!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:52 PM
evil

Tower have O S piston and Sleeve for $50.00 They also have Duratrax piston and Sleeve for $17.00 the tower part number is LXGYC5. Check and see if that fits your engine