Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

vspec 21 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:16 AM
emjdrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vspec 21 problem

Guys I need some help with my vspec. The engine ran fine for the first half gallon after break in averaging normal temps. Very shortly after break in I noticed the engine was starting to hesitate and bog slightly about mid to upper rpm but would clear itself out once in the higher rpm range still in the 200- 250 degree mark. However the engine will now hesitate, sputter and stall out as i throttle upto midrange. On the starter box i get full the full range of throttle authority but on the track when the engine is under any load the engine will only rev up to just under mid range stall out. I have tried everything i can think of. Re tune, change plugs ( p3 hot ) check for leaks, change fuel filter and all to no joy. Now i should mention that when i do put a new plug in the engine runs normal for about 3 laps ( 2-3 minutes )then the whole issue starts over again.

fuel is 20% with 14 % oil
os p3 hot plug
stock engine with no change
ofna jp 4 pipe

Thank you,

Shawn
Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
slayerphonics

Default RE: vspec 21 problem

I've heard/read about these motors having front bearing leaks, may want to look there.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
hrdcoreglf

Did you do a pre break-in inspection inside and out? I just did a rebuild on a friends OS .18 and the LHS did not clean the engine prior to break-in, some loose metal shavings caused extreme pitting on button head and piston. He would go through glow plugs like crazy and had a lot of the same problems you are describing. Pull the engine and check internal parts for damage or unusual wear.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:59 PM
j_blaze

sounds like an air leak, when the motor reaches higher rpm's it overleans and quits. take out motor, take off pipe, plug carb and exhaust with your fingers and blow into the fuel intake line with a piece of fuel line. if you hear any air spray motor with simple green and see where it bubbles.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
volvo1129

hi guys and gals
i,m new on here so please bear with me
i,v got an os 21 v-spec in my hyper st ,but im having trouble with the tuning
it starts great goes off the line not two bad but then the trouble starts it seinms to go rich at mid range and spluters then picks up and gets going,its ok before mid and its ok after mid i,v tried to tune the mid range with no luck as such
it runs on tornado 25% has a p3 plug has hyper st pipe and manefoled on it
could any of you nice people out there help me out
if so thanksfrom volvo1129[sm=confused.gif][sm=disappointed.gif][sm=idea.gif]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

I know you said you were new and all, but to be polite, you should start your own thread, because we are trying to help another guy on his vspec and it gets too confusing if people jump in with problems on someone elses thread...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
mfroot

ORIGINAL: emjdrvr

Guys I need some help with my vspec. The engine ran fine for the first half gallon after break in averaging normal temps. Very shortly after break in I noticed the engine was starting to hesitate and bog slightly about mid to upper rpm but would clear itself out once in the higher rpm range still in the 200- 250 degree mark. However the engine will now hesitate, sputter and stall out as i throttle upto midrange. On the starter box i get full the full range of throttle authority but on the track when the engine is under any load the engine will only rev up to just under mid range stall out. I have tried everything i can think of. Re tune, change plugs ( p3 hot ) check for leaks, change fuel filter and all to no joy. Now i should mention that when i do put a new plug in the engine runs normal for about 3 laps ( 2-3 minutes )then the whole issue starts over again.

fuel is 20% with 14 % oil
os p3 hot plug
stock engine with no change
ofna jp 4 pipe

Thank you,

Shawn
did you ever find out the problem my friend has a v-spec that started doing the exact same thing 4 tanks past brake in.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
mfroot

bump