Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

!E-CLIP PROBLEM!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:35 PM
..Ace.NeRd..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !E-CLIP PROBLEM!

I have the old school rc10gt with a os.12 cv-r. Im sure all of you have expierienced frustration with e-clips. There is a large e-clip on the end of the crankshaft holding the clutch bell assembly together. Since that e-clip is always spinning at hi speed, it comes off. Why? I DON"T KNOW!! I have gone through at leats 10 e-clips and 10 clutch bell bearings which arent cheep (about 7 bucks a piece) plus i've gone to two hobby shops who could not help me. I have tried wire, washers. etc. They all come off!! So if you have any ideas, please post. Any input is helpful. THX!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:43 AM
VIPER458

Default RE: !E-CLIP PROBLEM!

make sure its seating all the way in the groove. i used to loose them once in awile but it was usually bc it would be a little crooked. if that dosent help then the clutch nut groove could be worn out a little too much. (try a new clutch nut)
Old 07-19-2008, 12:43 AM
chookman46

Default RE: !E-CLIP PROBLEM!

Not real familiar with the rc10 but i'm assuming it has a pilot shaft that screws on the end of the crankshaft to support the the cluthbell???? If this is the case you should be able to get a new pilot shaft that has a threaded end to secure the clutchbell instead of the eclips.