Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

ROSSI Blackmagic tuning??

Old 09-20-2008, 09:55 PM
abaran13
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROSSI Blackmagic tuning??

Anyone ever tuned one of these engines? I have one in a car I just bought and have no idea what any of the different screws do on the carb. There's one from the top and 2 side by side on the side. Anyone with knowledge. I know a lot about real cars, but I'm now learning about the r/c world. Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Colin
Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 AM
xfighter

Default RE: ROSSI Blackmagic tuning??

Okay. one is your high speed needle. top one.. u use this to tune the engine to specss.. like for full power. dont lean. u always wont a nice stream of blue smoke coming from the exhaust if not u will burn the motor up and damage its life. thats the main one that you will adjust. the one on the sidde.. thats it on in the carb with a metal peice around is the low speed. this is adjusted for your acceleration.. helps.. but it should be good until you break the engine.. and that last one is your idle. adjust so your engine runs whille all the wheels are off the ground and dont rotate.. hope this helps. if not go to google and type in nitro engine tuning.. then youll find diagrams and instructions.. your manuel should tell you to..,
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
abaran13
My Feedback: (1)

O.K. if there is fuel spraying out of the pipe it's way too rich. If I turn those screws out, does that lean it or richen it? Which direction is rich vs. lean? Thanks for the help!

Colin
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Cypriot Boy

when you screw in then you lean it but when you screw it out then you make it rich. clockwise to lean anti-clockwise for rich, so simple!!