Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

help with force .26

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:23 PM
hamy02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with force .26

ok guys heres another motor problem. ive got a the force .26 that will not start. i have checked the fuel and the compression the motor has compression and i can flood the motor out so i know it is getting fuel i think i might have a compression leak some where other than the cylinder. if i have taken the backplate off the motor and didnt seal it with anything would that cause loss of compression? at this point im kinda stumped so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 03-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: help with force .26

Is this a new "un-broken in" engine?

If so, let me tell you .... during the break-in stage, my Force 26 was the most difficult, cantankerous, and evil piece of internal combustion machinery ever conceived by the mind of man.

After it was broke in, it was OK......................

so......tell us more details.........
Old 03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
hamy02

hahaha i dont feel so bad now my break in was the same way no its not new ive had about a gallon of fuel through it. i have had to take the backplate off of it but there is no leak that ican tell also the fuel supply nipple had a pinhole sized crack in it so i replaced that. but now it doesnt seem liek it is gettign fuel if i blow through the air line that goes to the exhaust i can get fuel through the motor and it still doesnt start/ so im not really sure what im missin. if i take the button head off and put my finger over the top of the cylinder i get enough suction that it wants to pull my fingers into the motor. but i did notice moisture in between the cooling head and the button head so i figured it might comeing fro maround the glow plug so i sparyed soapy water in there and tried starting it but no bubble so that is tight. i replaced the fuel line to just to make sure that there was no holes in that. but if i put my finger over the exhaust i can get it to take fuel but as soon as i take my finger off i think i lose the backpresure. the exhaust is on there tight so im not really sure what im missing any help would be great thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Argess

I hadblisters on blisters with that darn 26........wasn't long getting a roto-start backplate for it.

With the colder weather this time of year, for starting, I crack the throttle open a bit with the throttle trim on my radio. Just enough you see the carb bllows start to move.

If you can cause the fuel to move in the line, then air has to get out (via the carb). Therefore, it isn't likely you have a fuel blockage.

Most likely is your glowplug or glowplug driver battery. Break-in is very hard on plugs, so maybe try a new one. Also, make sure the glowplug glows bright orange with the driver on it.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
hamy02

yeah glow plug is good glows bright orange it isnt that cold here im in iraq rigth now so its been pretty warm lately. i also dont know if the carb is losing backpressure due to the possibilty of a leak becasue i only get fuel to the carb if i hold my finger ove rthe exhaust but one i stop then i dont get anything. the motor has alreayd been broken in so that isnt the problem
Old 03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Argess

Perhaps you assembled the HSN hosuing, etc. back together incorrectly. Take the HS Needle out, and make sure the HSN housing is tight. Helps to put a little grease on the HS Needle O-ring as well (and inspect it to make sure it isn't cracked). Also, check your carb. It may have come loose and if it pops up the least little bit, it will leak air around the upper o-ring. Best to use RTV there. Also, the pinch bolt on the 26 is very prone to air leaks. RTV it.