Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:41 PM
teluan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power

I am confused with HP ratings. I read that the Axial .32 spec 1 has 1.66HP which I though seemed like alot. Then I read that an O.S. Max 28XZ puts out 3.31HP. Now I get that the OS is a better engine, but double the HP without forced induction or anything obvious? Perhaps the Axial has more as the 1.66hp? I read its hp in a post but have not been able to find an official spec or even better dyno for this motor. I had a AE 4.6 motor in my MGT that I blew recently. I thought it was awesome for power, but I have been told my Axial is MUCH more powerful and will allow me to do wheelies with ease. So how much more power does it put out as I also cannot find ANY specs on the AE 4.6.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Colt4g63

Default RE: Power

I dont have any dyno data for you for the AE 4.6 but here is a Stock Vs AB Mods Drag Modified OS .28 for you. This will give you an idea of how inflated some of the manufacture HP ratings are compared to the industry standard dynometer "X-Dyno"

Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM
teluan

Interesting chart. Do others have charts like this?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Colt4g63

Only those that have the "X-Dyno" from "NitroDyne Systems"