Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Identifying an os engine on a traxxas tmaxx

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Identifying an os engine on a traxxas tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identifying an os engine on a traxxas tmaxx

i bought a traxxas tmaxx used, the guy must've burnt up the traxxas engine and bought an os... i broke the high speed needle valve off the carb and need another, and i would like to buy a sullivan starter for it, but i can't do either until i can id the engine, i took it to my local hobby shop, but the owner could not id it, he narrowed it down to either a .15 or .18 os.. it had cv-x stamped on the side of the engine case where you would normally find the size stamped, but os makes a .15 and a .18 cv-x is there any other way to id this engine?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Colt4g63

Default RE: Identifying an os engine on a traxxas tmaxx

Do you have any pics of the engine you could show us to help identify it for you?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
fozjared

im so sorry, i can't even begin to tell you how busy and sleepy i am! i need to get a picture for you, but i can correct what i said, it is a cv-r not cv-x.. it has a blue, square head with large (square) fins.. the only markings are os on the carb, the lower body of the engine on the left side and cv-r on the right side of it..
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM
hrdcoreglf

Does it look like this?
http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2034.html