Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

AB Mods Racing engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Colt4g63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AB Mods Racing engines

ORIGINAL: dakamat

ORIGINAL: Colt4g63

Dakamat your engine should be to you early next week. Enjoy!
[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see it!!!!
If the weather could be a little better here, i will start the break-in on it[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Thank you Adam!!!
Anytime man, your business is greatly appreciated. Now as long as customs doesn't hold it up we should be right on track!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Over_revO

Good news guys!

David you will love that new power!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 PM
dakamat

Hope that custom not hold it[>:][:@] And yes Mike, i'am very impatiant to try it.

The baddest part will be the break-in, but i'll do it slowly and be very carefull, because i want a motor who'll perform strong and for long time
Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 PM
sjdr1

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but do you have any dyno results for the O.S. .21TM in stock and race modified form. I am really interested in this motor. Thanks. Also, I don't have this motor yet so if you have any at a good price let me know. Also interested in .18tz and .18tm if you have them.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:12 AM
problem child

I found ABMods last year just before the speed runs at Rockingham dragway. I ran an ABMods JLR .12 for a class winning 78.69mph, beating another factory team's .28 and setting an ISC record. This year I'm running an ABMods OS 18TZ in the same car with a Corvette body instead of the Dodge NASCAR version I used last year and am hoping to top out between 85-90 mph.

I'm also running two ABModded Picco P9r engines in my Open Class streamliner. I ran four stock engines in last years car which hit 100 unofficially but weighed 14 pounds. The new twin is smaller, only weighs 6.5 pounds and is geared for 125mph. I'm going to be very happy with 110-115. which would set a world's speed record for nitro cars.

I am sincerely hoping that ABMods will hold the new small block and open worlds record speeds after the Fontana meet November 14-15, 2009.

Thanks, Adam!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 AM
dakamat

ORIGINAL: sjdr1

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but do you have any dyno results for the O.S. .21TM in stock and race modified form. I am really interested in this motor. Thanks. Also, I don't have this motor yet so if you have any at a good price let me know. Also interested in .18tz and .18tm if you have them.

I have send you a PM, i have an AB Mod, drag mod OS .18TZ for sale
Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Colt4g63

ORIGINAL: problem child

I found ABMods last year just before the speed runs at Rockingham dragway. I ran an ABMods JLR .12 for a class winning 78.69mph, beating another factory team's .28 and setting an ISC record. This year I'm running an ABMods OS 18TZ in the same car with a Corvette body instead of the Dodge NASCAR version I used last year and am hoping to top out between 85-90 mph.

I'm also running two ABModded Picco P9r engines in my Open Class streamliner. I ran four stock engines in last years car which hit 100 unofficially but weighed 14 pounds. The new twin is smaller, only weighs 6.5 pounds and is geared for 125mph. I'm going to be very happy with 110-115. which would set a world's speed record for nitro cars.

I am sincerely hoping that ABMods will hold the new small block and open worlds record speeds after the Fontana meet November 14-15, 2009.

Thanks, Adam!
If all goes well we will have that record Gary!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Colt4g63

Still have some good deals going on with the OS engines.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
sjdr1

What kind of deals are you running specifically? Thanks

ORIGINAL: Colt4g63

Still have some good deals going on with the OS engines.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM
dakamat

Recieve it today
can't wait to put it in my X2crt
The white threebond not look very good, but i always seal all my engine like that, and more on my Picco
Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Z350ML

This is my first post and I'm kinda new to RC racing but Ive raced 1:1 for quite a few years, I have a couple of egines I would like to have Drag modified. I'm just curious on how the process works. If I send you my engine and you modify it is there a baseline dyno pull and a tuned dyno pull afterwards? I don't care about #s from other engines, I'm only concerned with MY engine, for I know from 1:1 experience that 2 identically built motors will yeild 2 absolutely different results on the dyno and on this scale that could mean a big difference.
I see on your web site that you offer two different type2 of modifications ... I've seen your graphs overlaying a modification over stock, but I was just wondering do you have graphs of a drag modification vs a race modification on the same engine? If there is no major difference in the HP and Torque curves from one modification this might help some of us rule out a drag mod on a certain engine if the gain where we need it is not there. My last question is calibration and to what standard if any is your dyno calibrated and if so how often?
Thanks for your help; I really need to make a decision on where to send my engines, because I want these done right and not just another hack job.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Colt4g63

I don't dyno customer engines. The engines i dyno test are my own engines for my own R&D. I will release a dyno sheet from time to time just to show the public what these engines really make and what kind of gains can be seen from my work. A Drag Modification will always make more power as with a Drag Modification i go more aggressive with my port timing profiles etc for higher HP especially in the mid to upper RPM range. I can only go so aggressive with a Race Modification as the Race Modification is designed around getting a nice power increase but also maintaining fuel economy and a smooth usable power band for heat racing applications.

To get an accurate dyno on these taper fit P/S engines you need to run the engine for about 1 gallon of fuel "on average" to make sure its 100% broke in and at its maximum potential. Some engines take a little more, some take less fuel run through them to get them there. So for me to offer a dyno service and DO IT RIGHT would sky rocket my pricing and turn around time. I have come to the conclusion this is not worth the extra $ i would make doing this OR the liability of customer engines. I didn't purchase the X-Dyno for it to be a money maker... I purchased it because of the value it provides in the R&D of these engines. I come from a 1:1 background myself and 100% understand how valuable having a dyno is for R&D. It is the most unbiased testing you can do and as well you get to not only see peak gains or peak MPH gains on a radar gun but the entire power curve of the engine which is the most important part!

The X-Dyno is an inertia dyno just like a Dyno Jet. It measures in SAE correction factor... Has a weather station etc for accurate reading no matter what the weather is

If you want an engine done RIGHT and not just hacked to death to look pretty you have come to the right place. I don't have world records under my belt for no reason...
Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 PM
problem child

Just came back from testing my .18 TZ NTC3. Ran 82 mph with conseravtive (for me) gearing and the engine still a bit rich. Can't wait to see what a couple more teeth and some leaning out will bring.

BTW, the ISC small block world record is 78.69 mph, running an ABMods JLR .12.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Over_revO

Sounds good Gary!

Cant wait to see what you will get at the ISC event
Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 PM
absolutemayhem

ORIGINAL: dakamat

Recieve it today
can't wait to put it in my X2crt
The white threebond not look very good, but i always seal all my engine like that, and more on my Picco

sealing the motor like that is the only thing that turns me away from those motors. like, if it dosent run right mabye you think you sealed it wrong, or it could be something else....besides that they are GREAT MOTORS...
Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
dakamat

Yes it's not my first Picco. The only thing i don't like on Picco's engine is carburator.
But i always sealed ALL my engines (OS' GO' LRP' PICCO) the very first time i recieve it, before to put it in the truck, and i've never had any problems.

The only Picco engine i had problem, is an air leak by the front bearing.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:52 PM
absolutemayhem

my GRP ninja is the ONLY motor i had where there where zero leaks.....and its 7 gallons old...gotta love the grp carb.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:23 AM
rageworks

Hey Adam, I got to run the race modded P9 Picco
engine that I bought from you. This P9 is just what
I have been looking for. The powerband is just what
I needed to carry more speed in the turns and the
top-end is ballistic, it never stopps pulling. Don't
take this info the wrong way guys. This engine can
still smoke the tires off any time you want it to. As
you can see from the dyno graph of this engine, it
puts out some great torque and monster horsepower.
It's just so damn easy to control the power. I'm thinking
about throwing a rubber sealed front bearing in this engine
and running it on a monster sized dirt oval track.
Thanks for a great deal on a great engine Adam.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Over_revO

I had a Stage 2 Picco P9R too from Adam, it was a beast!!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Colt4g63

Very glad to hear your happy with it Rageworks!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:23 PM
dakamat

can't wait to try mine[X(]
Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Colt4g63

I have a feeling your REALLY going to like it A LOT!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
problem child

The ABMods Open Class streamliner is ready for the Ultimate Speed Run in Fontana this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31392.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	1311323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78297.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	1311324  
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: problem child

The ABMods Open Class streamliner is ready for the Ultimate Speed Run in Fontana this weekend!

WOW ! that car looks awesome ! with 2 AB Mods P9R's thats about 5 HP ...Holy ....... that thing is going to fly, I can see another record for Team AB Mods with that unit.....very impressive work guys, major props to you !
Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Over_revO

The car look awesome Gary!

I have no problem seeing this car hold a new top speed record for the IC !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.