Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

.21 vz-b tuning problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .21 vz-b tuning problems

ok I have about 5 tanks threw my v spec im trying to tune it for performance now it took alot of pride swallowing to post this ive never had problems with an engine like this in my life. anyways my problem is in the low and mid range, if I let the car idle for longer then 3 seconds the thing dies immediately when i hit the throttle, I figured she was rich so i turned in the metering needle, no luck. turned in the mid range, same thing. finally i turned them back out and tried leaning the high speed alittle thinking for some odd reason this was it, still no luck. This engine has really got me wipped, ive never ran anything but o.s. and have always had no problems getting a good tune. it doesnt seem to matter what i do with the needles it still dies. also if I let it idle for long enough it dies on its own without me doing anything. when I let off the throttle from high speed the idle is very high and then drops back down to low. the high speed is set at about 2 and 3/4 turns, the mid range is set factory now and so is the metering. I was thinking possibly a pressure problem but I checked my fuel tank and its air tight, im running an external fuel filter, and my tank has alittle filter in it aswell im wondering if the filter in the tank is clogged for some reason but I doubt thats the problem.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
dakamat

Default RE: .21 vz-b tuning problems

bad glowplug
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Chris_RC

Lean the LSN, don't touch the MSN unless you are an expert at tuning! DO the pinch test and pinch the fuel line and the engine should rev up slightly and die in 5 seconds. Then you have a baseline LSN tune.Preheat the engien to 200 then tune, so get a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up, then start it, keep the glow ingiter on and run it around for a minute , take the glow plug off and start tuning.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
gearjammen

i had a kyosho strr and the plastic pick up tube was cracked inside the fuel tank pressure testing it checked ok drove me nuts tell i changed the tank.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 PM
nitroman88

k im gunna change glowplug and try the lsn trick. ive usually been pretty good at tuning by ear but wow this one is crazy. thanks for the comments ill post back with results.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 AM
nitroman88

ok i check the metering with a caliper and its set to precise .5 mm it was about a full turn out, im guessing this explains my idling problems. its raining now i mite light it up in the garage and check it out though.