Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

truggy racing engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Colt4g63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truggy racing engine

ORIGINAL: chaserogesr14

its funny because me and my friend idolize your car evryday
Well thanks man. I worship it to I also have a bike and the Talon that aren't to shaby themselves. The talon needs a paint job but under the hood its fully built I had to get rid of the turbo bike "dunno if you seen it or not or heard Joe at Asylum talk about it" as i had way to many projects going on so i just sold the turbo GSXR 1000 and kept the all motor one.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Colt4g63

ORIGINAL: Hoese37

Evo's the new Camaro, eveyones got one!
There kind of rare cars in there own right.... Not nearly as many made as Camaros that's for sure! U cant just go to any Mitsubishi dealer and pick one up.... It took me awhile a few years back to find mine.... I have been building 4g63 powered cars for over 10 years... hence the screen name. So i HAD to have one

So how about a twin turbo GST Viper? I tuned one of those that runs on AEM stand alone engine management about a month or so ago... Made 780WHP 856WTQ on 9psi on twin T76 turbos on a completely bone stock engine. Now there's something you don't see everyday
Old 11-04-2009, 12:44 AM
absolutemayhem

ORIGINAL: Colt4g63

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

do you happen to own a silver evo?
Yes sir. 783WHP ''wheel Horse Power'' daily driver. Built from ground up If your by the house stop by and id be glad to show it to you. It's been featured on a few websites as a featured car. It can be seen on Sparktechignitions.net Link to that site http://www.sparktechignitions.net/v2h-gadamB.html and AMSPerformance.com ''link'' http://www.amsperformance.com/a_blevins.php which are 2 of my sponsors. The car has come a long way as far as power since the pics were taken for the websites as it was early summer when they were taken, but you can still get an idea of what under the hood looks like etc. The car now has a Precision billet 6262 turbo charger and 1450cc FIC blue max injectors with a staged twin fuel pump system... i also upgraded the FMIC to the AMS race core as well and it now runs on E85 instead of pump gas or C16 fuel. 783WHP is what it pulled with the new setup on E85 and was out of injector. So i will be getting some new injectors for it soon and pushing it over the 800WHP mark!!
damn..im gonna start my own mod company.....AR MODS...
I do more then just run AB Mods. I also tune high end cars and motorcycles as a side business as well

about how many motor do you do a day? 2,5??
Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Colt4g63

It all depends on how busy i am to be honest. If im backed up/slammed i usually try to get about 2-3 done a day.... After that and im tired of measuring port timings, compression ratios, tolerances etc and have to take a break lol. It also depends on if those engines need break-in or not as well.. That does add considerable time to how many engines i can get done a day.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Hoese37

I just say that cause it seems like every kid under 30 wants one, Just like Camaros in the late 80's early 90's. Yes Evo's are bad ass even in stock form, I just dont care for the all turbo power. I'll take a Roush Nitemare over an Evo anyday.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
chaserogesr14

well there are plenty of other cars that id love to have over an evo but they are just in the ridiculous price range and things like the evo and wrx sti are just the coolest 4 door cars i know of. i like the 06 wrx sti over any of the new ones though
Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
absolutemayhem

It all depends on how busy i am to be honest. If im backed up/slammed i usually try to get about 2-3 done a day.... After that and im tired of measuring port timings, compression ratios, tolerances etc and have to take a break lol. It also depends on if those engines need break-in or not as well.. That does add considerable time to how many engines i can get done a day.

dang, thats pertty good money on the labor your making....with your other two buisnesses your probly pulling close to 200 g's a year.....lol...not to mention you get to do what you love........[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=idea.gif] me= envious[8D]
Old 11-04-2009, 07:33 PM
absolutemayhem

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

dang, thats pertty good money on the labor your making....with your other two buisnesses your probly pulling close to 200 g's a year.....lol...not to mention you get to do what you love........[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=idea.gif] me= envious[8D]

btw....EVO RULES
Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
chaserogesr14

wow this thread has gone way off topic
Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 PM
absolutemayhem

wow this thread has gone way off topic
i thought COLT was giving you the hook up??.....[8D]
Old 11-05-2009, 11:25 PM
chaserogesr14

colt were you at asylum today(thursday) with your gsxr?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Colt4g63

Yes i was actually.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
chaserogesr14

i was the kid that was kind of aimlessly walking around in there
Old 11-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Colt4g63

I dont remember anyone walkin around...... U should come up and introduced yourself!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
chaserogesr14

im not a huge public speaker. but your AMS shirt gave you away
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Colt4g63

Needless to say I have A LOT of AMS apparel
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
The Winner

the new GO GX series at amainhobbies! The gx7R is the best for truggy!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...ew&filter_mfr=
Old 11-10-2009, 02:51 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whoa, I think that's pretty expensive - compared to (relative) European prices..
Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
nitroexpress

$225?? That's a few bucks cheaper than a JPX, seems like a good deal. Got my GX.21 today. Four carb inserts, break in shim, glow plug and Ti coating on crank and carb slide, looks great. Looking at the sleeve, it's got more porting than my kitchen strainer.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 AM
HerrSavage

I could order the Go 5-port SET including pipe for less than €200 including shipping to Germany from the UK. OK, I've got the advantage of the strong Euro, but still... Here in Germany I could get the 5-port set for the price of a Picco Evo 3. At those kinds of comparisons, the Go is a no-brainer. When it costs as much as the Jammin though - or nearly as much - it's less of a home-run deal IMO..

With Werks having the B5 that is supposedly pretty good priced at $199 at amain, I would have expected about the same price from Go. I think a 5-port should be 200 bucks max.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Hoese37

They are $250 locally here with the pipe.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 AM
nitroexpress

How much is a rod worth? Can you even get a rod for the Werks? It's a throw away engine like the Picco/Jammin. The included rod with the Go has to be worth $40-$50.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 AM
HerrSavage

Na, I bought a rod for 20 Euros or so from Englan(maybe 25 - don't remember... Incidentally, after putting two gallons through my Caster Grenade, I sent the engine to the main German engine guru to change the rod, and he declined, saying it didn't need it....) Though going strictly by the exchange rate that's not the same as 20 bucks, in relative terms it is, more or less... So a rod here costs the equivalent of $20..

In the UK the 5-port engine alone - including rod I think - costs 130 Pounds.. 162 or something with the kit.. Crazy - even with shipping from the UK I would save €30 or so over German prices...

For relative costs you have to kind of estimate, but IMO 130 UK Pounds for the Go 5-port in the UK is like €150(at the moment, with a really strong Euro..), and maybe $175. So going on that the amain price is a bit high IMO.. But OK they have the discount codes as a lure...

Whatever the case, those US Go prices are not as competitive as I would have thought.. Here it's like - a WOW price and WOW you get an extra rod too.. You can basically get the 5-port set with everything for the price of a VSPEC or Picco Evo 3. That's German prices.. Order from England and save €25-30 or so..(and NO customs or taxes cuz it's in the EU..)

Looks like in the US they think they can get buy on the wow-effect just for including the rod.. The price is average instead of cheap I would say.. Still a good deal. But not the too-good-to-pass-up amazing kind of deal it is here...(seem to read of quite a few guys here in Europe buying them, who normally run expensive OS Speeds and RB's and stuff - and like them..)
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Na, I bought a rod for 20 Euros.. Though going strictly by the exchange rate that's not the same as 20 bucks, in relative terms it is, more or less... So a rod here costs the equivalent of $20..

In the UK the 5-port engine alone - including rod I think - costs 130 Pounds.. 162 or something with the kit.. Crazy - even with shipping from the UK I would save €30 or so over German prices...

Whatever the case, those US Go prices are not as competitive as I would have thought.. Here it's like - a WOW price and WOW you get an extra rod too.. You can basically get the 5-port set with everything for the price of a VSPEC or Picco Evo 3. That's German prices.. Order from England and save €25-30 or so..(and NO customs or taxes cuz it's in the EU..)

Looks like in the US they think they can get buy on the wow-effect just for including the rod.. The price is average instead of cheap I would say.. Still a good deal. But not the too-good-to-pass-up (even for guys who normally run expensive stuff) kind of deal...

the combo kit in the UK price converts to $270.00 USD seems about the same price to me....

I sell both Go and Picco I am a authorized dealer for both....... both are great engines, Picco parts do cost more, but the Picco is built with better materials..harder crank,harder piston, better rods etc......IN the end we change the rods on the Go's more frequently then on the Picco's, the pistons also wear out faster too...but the Go uses a cast piston, the Picco uses a billet piston.........So IMO you can't just look at price only when comparing these engines, there is a reason why the GO's are priced lower....
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 AM
HerrSavage

OK, fair enough, I'm speaking from the point of view of an unusually high Euro. But the dollar is also unusually low against the Pound I think. Again, it's relative, and you can't just go by exchange rates. But I'm not sure $270 really feels the same as 162 Pounds. IMO 270 bucks feels like more in the US.. But I don't know - I have an unfair advantage with the Euro. I could indeed be wrong.., and am just seeing things from the (currently..) priveledged position of the Euro.. Maybe somebody from the UK could chime in and say if they think those prices are comparable... For me though that Euro to Pound price is just stupid.. For once something in RC in Germany(from the UK - [X(] )is halfway affordable!..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.