Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

engine for Kyosho ST-RR

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
tlamphier23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine for Kyosho ST-RR

Im looking for an engine for my ST-RR truggy. I am looking for the engine that will give me the most speed and torque possible. I am not worried about gas mileage due to the fact that my friends and I usually only do 10-20 lap races that don't last more than 5 min. It is mostly for fun so I just want an engine that will give me the most possible speed and power. Any ideas are appreciated thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: engine for Kyosho ST-RR

Budget?

Sounds like an LRP Spec 3 Truggy/Losi 454 from an 8T 2.0 would fit the bill.. Either with a stock Losi RTR pipe, or a Jammin JP-2. Awesome combo.. OS A5 plugs..

If you got the money though, definitely an OS 28XZ...
Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
tlamphier23

money isn't a huge issue, I don't want to waste money on something I don't need but if the extra money is worth the performance difference I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for it. The biggest concern in power. I have a Kyosho MP9 that I race with, this is my fun car and I want it to be ridiculously fast and torquey, I don't care if I have 6 min run times lol.....any other suggestions? Thanks for yours btw I was looking at the OS .28
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 AM
edvin

On my ST-R OS.28 felt too powerful and it was somewhat uneasy to drive in the air while jumping. LRP .28 spec 3 suits better to my skills.

ST-RR is longer and a bit more stable, I'd definitely like to try OS on ST-RR.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Colt4g63

If you want a lot of power it seems one of my Modified OS .28s is what your looking for. Insanely powerful and yet easy to tune and very reliable. You can see a dyno chart of the OS .28XZ before and after modification on my website if you want to take a look. There is also a video of one of my Drag Modified OS .28s in a Mugen 5T on there as well.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Colt4g63

If you want a lot of power it seems one of my Modified OS .28s is what your looking for. Insanely powerful and yet easy to tune and very reliable. You can see a dyno chart of the OS .28XZ before and after modification on my website if you want to take a look. There is also a video of one of my Drag Modified OS .28s in a Mugen 5T on there as well.

Are these .28's the ABL liner technology? What is the piston and cylinder life like?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Colt4g63

There ABC. They seem to have a good lifespan from my experience. Very easy to tune as well.... OS carbs are a wonderful thing
Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 PM
The Winner

In my st-rr i race with Dynamite Platinum 28 truggy with 7.5 venturi is the same as the lrp spec3 truggy but with 6 ports... It is very powerfull i can go faster than other truggies with high price engines... very powerfull engine and with the 7.5 venturi.. The lrp spec3 drink more than the dynamite.... i have both engines... Also good is the GO 25 and the GO 21GX5-GX7