Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

this a very cheaply priced engine on Amain hobbies. there's like 43 reviews on this engine. all of them saying they can't believe how good it performs. i was thinking about puting it in my new D8 buggy. does anybody recomeend this engine or have any info about it. don't know much about the noverassi's. I have ran wer's racing B5 but just went out. so need a cheap engine. is this a good one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

some one help me please big race coming up nee info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If its a Novarossi, it will definitely be a good engine. I dont know about it personally, but all Nova engines are just champions.
    I say go for it, especially at that price! Just take care of it and it will outlast your buggy!
    Kyosho V1RRR Evo 2 // RB Touring 10 + RB 2659 // Futaba S3010 (T/B) & Hitec HS5625MG Digital (ST)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it is a very simple basic engine...it will offer nowhere near the performance of the B5....However it is a very reliable stable engine....just don't be expecting a whole pile of performance from it...
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: supertib

it is a very simple basic engine...it will offer nowhere near the performance of the B5....However it is a very reliable stable engine....just don't be expecting a whole pile of performance from it...
    True, it will get you from A to B, but not very quickly
    if its a one-off sort of thing, sure, y not, but if you want something good, just go for the extra and be happy!
    Kyosho V1RRR Evo 2 // RB Touring 10 + RB 2659 // Futaba S3010 (T/B) & Hitec HS5625MG Digital (ST)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would it be better for me to go with the p5 novarossi i just want to try a new brand. love my b5 and b6 but hear so much about the novarossie engines. maybe the p5 would be better any info on that, heard its great, would b throwing it in my rc8b buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thebombster

would it be better for me to go with the p5 novarossi i just want to try a new brand. love my b5 and b6 but hear so much about the novarossie engines. maybe the p5 would be better any info on that, heard its great, would b throwing it in my rc8b buggy.

The Nova P5 is decent...has good low end, decent mid, but falls very short on the top end....The B5 has more bottom, more mid, way more top and also gets better mileage.......personally i much prefer the performance of the B5 then any of the current Nova's....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedy 21. 121vr.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedyΒ* 21. 121vr.

Well in a way that may be true, but unfortunately the Pro circuit works a little differently...the company that has the deepest pockets can hire the fastest drivers.... Novarossi is a old established company that can afford the very finest drivers....Werk's is a much smaller company that cannot match the bankroll of a company like Novarossi, so they cannot hire as many top tier drivers...... However if you look on the club circuits you will see the Werk's b5 is one of the top winning offroad engines, and currently one of the best selling engines on the market.... But even with all of that being said it comes down to personal taste....Some peopel love Nova, others love OS, others love Picco etc. etc..... Myself i feel there is nothing in the current Nova lineup that impresses me that much... But remeber that is only me, you may feel differently when you try them...... I find the Nova's to be too mellow for my taste, I am used to a Picco powerband, and by comparison the Nova's are just too mild to adjust to....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedy 21. 121vr.

Well in a way that may be true, but unfortunately the Pro circuit works a little differently...the company that has the deepest pockets can hire the fastest drivers.... Novarossi is a old established company that can afford the very finest drivers....Werk's is a much smaller company that cannot match the bankroll of a company like Novarossi, so they cannot hire as many top tier drivers...... However if you look on the club circuits you will see the Werk's b5 is one of the top winning offroad engines, and currently one of the best selling engines on the market.... But even with all of that being said it comes down to personal taste....Some peopel love Nova, others love OS, others love Picco etc. etc..... Myself i feel there is nothing in the current Nova lineup that impresses me that much... But remeber that is only me, you may feel differently when you try them...... I find the Nova's to be too mellow for my taste, I am used to a Picco powerband, and by comparison the Nova's are just too mild to adjust to....

Hey what kind of picco do u reccomend any price range and what do u run it on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedyΒ* 21. 121vr.

Hey what kind of picco do u reccomend any price range and what do u run it on.

If you are looking for the ultimate in powerful .21 a modified JPX 21 would be your ultimate best bet... https://clockworkracingengines.com/c...-21-plus-51250

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And here is a video of the engine in a Truggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=569nF90fUSQ

And here is the engine in a Buggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI

Now I wont say these are the best suited engines for everybody or every application...However they are what they are..a badass, nasty fast offroad .21.....quite overpowered for a Buggy, but pretty awesome in a truggy....especially if you like alot of snap in the trigger.... They also have a pretty cool exhaust note that tends to get people's attention..On a 086 they are very loud and very angry sounding....They also don't do bad on fuel either, quite a few guys getting over 10 minutes in Truggy so far...which is quite surprising as these engines rip like nobodies business ..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank u all just ordered the modded jx21. ninja and the werks B5 modded to. hell y not. one for buggy one for truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A little bit off topic but same brand. What do you guys think of the Modified Novarossi "N21R Limited done by Hot Mods?
    F9, hunter hawker,F-22,yak55 30% DLE55,Extra260,300.sabre F86,bae hawk,Cessna 182. GoldWing extra300LM 30CC Velox20cc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You'll love the clockworked JPX. Its a great engine to run..!

Supertib knows his stuff....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will this engine work on Truggies too? Our longest straight is 150 feet (about 46 metres). I will be using 20% nitro. Which plug(using 20% nitro) and pipe works best with this engine? Our temps are around 95-100F
    * HPI Baja 5B SS* * Team Associated RC8 * * Thunder Tiger ST-1 Electric * * Traxxas Revo 3.3 * *Jammin X2 Truggy*