Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

Reply
Old 07-19-2010, 01:57 PM
  #1
thebombster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lancaster, PA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

this a very cheaply priced engine on Amain hobbies. there's like 43 reviews on this engine. all of them saying they can't believe how good it performs. i was thinking about puting it in my new D8 buggy. does anybody recomeend this engine or have any info about it. don't know much about the noverassi's. I have ran wer's racing B5 but just went out. so need a cheap engine. is this a good one.
thebombster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
  #2
thebombster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lancaster, PA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

some one help me please big race coming up nee info.
thebombster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 PM
  #3
D.DJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 439
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

If its a Novarossi, it will definitely be a good engine. I dont know about it personally, but all Nova engines are just champions.
I say go for it, especially at that price! Just take care of it and it will outlast your buggy!
D.DJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
  #4
supertib
 
supertib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , MB, CANADA
Posts: 7,241
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

it is a very simple basic engine...it will offer nowhere near the performance of the B5....However it is a very reliable stable engine....just don't be expecting a whole pile of performance from it...
supertib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM
  #5
D.DJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 439
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition


Quote:
ORIGINAL: supertib

it is a very simple basic engine...it will offer nowhere near the performance of the B5....However it is a very reliable stable engine....just don't be expecting a whole pile of performance from it...
True, it will get you from A to B, but not very quickly
if its a one-off sort of thing, sure, y not, but if you want something good, just go for the extra and be happy!
D.DJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 AM
  #6
thebombster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lancaster, PA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

would it be better for me to go with the p5 novarossi i just want to try a new brand. love my b5 and b6 but hear so much about the novarossie engines. maybe the p5 would be better any info on that, heard its great, would b throwing it in my rc8b buggy.
thebombster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:41 AM
  #7
supertib
 
supertib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , MB, CANADA
Posts: 7,241
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition


Quote:
ORIGINAL: thebombster

would it be better for me to go with the p5 novarossi i just want to try a new brand. love my b5 and b6 but hear so much about the novarossie engines. maybe the p5 would be better any info on that, heard its great, would b throwing it in my rc8b buggy.

The Nova P5 is decent...has good low end, decent mid, but falls very short on the top end....The B5 has more bottom, more mid, way more top and also gets better mileage.......personally i much prefer the performance of the B5 then any of the current Nova's....
supertib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 AM
  #8
thebombster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lancaster, PA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedy 21. 121vr.
thebombster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 PM
  #9
supertib
 
supertib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , MB, CANADA
Posts: 7,241
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition


Quote:
ORIGINAL: thebombster

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedy 21. 121vr.

Well in a way that may be true, but unfortunately the Pro circuit works a little differently...the company that has the deepest pockets can hire the fastest drivers.... Novarossi is a old established company that can afford the very finest drivers....Werk's is a much smaller company that cannot match the bankroll of a company like Novarossi, so they cannot hire as many top tier drivers...... However if you look on the club circuits you will see the Werk's b5 is one of the top winning offroad engines, and currently one of the best selling engines on the market.... But even with all of that being said it comes down to personal taste....Some peopel love Nova, others love OS, others love Picco etc. etc..... Myself i feel there is nothing in the current Nova lineup that impresses me that much... But remeber that is only me, you may feel differently when you try them...... I find the Nova's to be too mellow for my taste, I am used to a Picco powerband, and by comparison the Nova's are just too mild to adjust to....
supertib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
  #10
thebombster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lancaster, PA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition


Quote:
ORIGINAL: supertib


Quote:
ORIGINAL: thebombster

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedy 21. 121vr.

Well in a way that may be true, but unfortunately the Pro circuit works a little differently...the company that has the deepest pockets can hire the fastest drivers.... Novarossi is a old established company that can afford the very finest drivers....Werk's is a much smaller company that cannot match the bankroll of a company like Novarossi, so they cannot hire as many top tier drivers...... However if you look on the club circuits you will see the Werk's b5 is one of the top winning offroad engines, and currently one of the best selling engines on the market.... But even with all of that being said it comes down to personal taste....Some peopel love Nova, others love OS, others love Picco etc. etc..... Myself i feel there is nothing in the current Nova lineup that impresses me that much... But remeber that is only me, you may feel differently when you try them...... I find the Nova's to be too mellow for my taste, I am used to a Picco powerband, and by comparison the Nova's are just too mild to adjust to....


Hey what kind of picco do u reccomend any price range and what do u run it on.
thebombster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM
  #11
supertib
 
supertib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , MB, CANADA
Posts: 7,241
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition


Quote:
ORIGINAL: thebombster


Quote:
ORIGINAL: supertib


Quote:
ORIGINAL: thebombster

yeah but have u ever seen any one race in pro's with the B5 its always RB or novarossi or reedy 21. 121vr.

Well in a way that may be true, but unfortunately the Pro circuit works a little differently...the company that has the deepest pockets can hire the fastest drivers.... Novarossi is a old established company that can afford the very finest drivers....Werk's is a much smaller company that cannot match the bankroll of a company like Novarossi, so they cannot hire as many top tier drivers...... However if you look on the club circuits you will see the Werk's b5 is one of the top winning offroad engines, and currently one of the best selling engines on the market.... But even with all of that being said it comes down to personal taste....Some peopel love Nova, others love OS, others love Picco etc. etc..... Myself i feel there is nothing in the current Nova lineup that impresses me that much... But remeber that is only me, you may feel differently when you try them...... I find the Nova's to be too mellow for my taste, I am used to a Picco powerband, and by comparison the Nova's are just too mild to adjust to....


Hey what kind of picco do u reccomend any price range and what do u run it on.

If you are looking for the ultimate in powerful .21 a modified JPX 21 would be your ultimate best bet... https://clockworkracingengines.com/c...-21-plus-51250
supertib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 PM
  #12
supertib
 
supertib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , MB, CANADA
Posts: 7,241
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

And here is a video of the engine in a Truggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=569nF90fUSQ

And here is the engine in a Buggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI

Now I wont say these are the best suited engines for everybody or every application...However they are what they are..a badass, nasty fast offroad .21.....quite overpowered for a Buggy, but pretty awesome in a truggy....especially if you like alot of snap in the trigger.... They also have a pretty cool exhaust note that tends to get people's attention..On a 086 they are very loud and very angry sounding....They also don't do bad on fuel either, quite a few guys getting over 10 minutes in Truggy so far...which is quite surprising as these engines rip like nobodies business ..
supertib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
  #13
thebombster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lancaster, PA
Posts: 88
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

thank u all just ordered the modded jx21. ninja and the werks B5 modded to. hell y not. one for buggy one for truggy
.
thebombster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 PM
  #14
giddyuperic
 
giddyuperic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: riverside, CA
Posts: 2,025
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

A little bit off topic but same brand. What do you guys think of the Modified Novarossi "N21R Limited done by Hot Mods?
giddyuperic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:00 PM
  #15
qaiz
 
qaiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posts: 3,155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

You'll love the clockworked JPX. Its a great engine to run..!

Supertib knows his stuff....
qaiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
  #16
mail4ajo
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai, INDIA
Posts: 103
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Novarossi N21R-BF Limited Edition

Will this engine work on Truggies too? Our longest straight is 150 feet (about 46 metres). I will be using 20% nitro. Which plug(using 20% nitro) and pipe works best with this engine? Our temps are around 95-100F
mail4ajo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:11 PM.