Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

nitro porting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nitro porting

http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/...w¤t=001-4.mp4

http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/...iew¤t=002.mp4

www.************.com
Old 08-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Over_revO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

LOL.
i could care less whether you guys put up a vid or not.
i could care less if your guy puts up a vid or not.
i'm just interested to know if he did port timing?
i know a lot about modding and i also know that with just flow modds you wake the engine up,but without the port timing change you really miss out on what potential the engine has.
ignorance is bliss ,and you guys are happy with what you got and are obviously not looking for every once of power that can be had like i am. that is perfectly ok.
i just know there is better stuff out there, guys who show the proof in the pudding, and that''s where my money goes.
keep your vid.
if your happy, so be it.
i wouldn't be.
you guys got something i could've done for free right here at home.
but i do a lot more than just flow modds.

Why dont you show us how good you are?
The car in the vid is slower than, lets say, a 2.5 4tec... its far from impressive to say the least ...

I think you meant to post a video like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4rjjFEU1I
(look from 3:52)

so far you just copy and paste generic opinions of known people, like saying you need to alter timing to get power...
Its so easy to say you can mod engines.

The OP dont need your agreement to be satisfied with his purchase.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
bigdogkanicsar

bump

Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

anyone with a website to this new mod man?
I have one motor I need kicked up some in my Associated GT 4.6
thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
stussman

I just wanted to see a vid to compare it to my old k4.6 i had. Plus i like seeing vids. xxx vids.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Over_revO

ORIGINAL: Over_revO

LOL.
i know a lot about modding and i also know that with just flow modds you wake the engine up,but without the port timing change you really miss out on what potential the engine has.
ignorance is bliss ,and you guys are happy with what you got and are obviously not looking for every once of power that can be had like i am. that is perfectly ok.
i just know there is better stuff out there, guys who show the proof in the pudding, and that''s where my money goes.
keep your vid.
if your happy, so be it.
i wouldn't be.

The car in the vid is slower than, lets say, a 2.5 4tec... its far from impressive to say the least ...

so far you just copy and paste generic opinions of known people, like saying you need to alter timing to get power...

i don't recall saying the vids were of a modded engine.
not to mention i have two sets of speed bumps in front of my house less than 70ft apart and it just shifts into second and i gotta get on the brakes.
that car is faster than you think and it has not been modded yet.

so, where the vid of your personal cars?
as opposed to diggin something up on youtube of someone elses rides.

and for the record this aint about AB mods.

Why posting your videos then? your engine hit a wall soon, no need to keep it at wot for days to see it.
I posted a vid of a properly modified engine, ABmods or any other properly modified engines would do similar...
For me it seemed like you posted that to show how fast it was. Other way you had no reason to post...

And i posted my own video for your information...
my username on youtube is MikePeperni

You choosed the wrong person to say ''as oppsoed to diggin something up on youtube of someone elses rides.'' ....

Browse through the account if you want, you may see i tested a thing or 2...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:32 PM
srt10

LOL.
keep your vid.
if your happy, so be it.
i wouldn't be.

i don't recall saying the vids were of a modded engine.
not to mention i have two sets of speed bumps in front of my house less than 70ft apart and it just shifts into second and i gotta get on the brakes.
that car is faster than you think and it has not been modded yet.

so, where the vid of your personal cars?
as opposed to diggin something up on youtube of someone elses rides.

and for the record this aint about AB mods.

Why posting your videos then? your engine hit a wall soon, no need to keep it at wot for days to see it.
I posted a vid of a properly modified engine, ABmods or any other properly modified engines would do similar...
For me it seemed like you posted that to show how fast it was. Other way you had no reason to post...

You choosed the wrong person to say ''as oppsoed to diggin something up on youtube of someone elses rides.'' ....

Who does your mods?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: srt10

thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Over_revO

ABMods on some engines , and myself on a couples of mine and for friends.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
srt10

Your mods, very cool my Friend!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 PM
bigdogkanicsar

bump
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Over_revO

[

a wall? LOL the last time i hit a wall was 12 years ago due to a runaway.
so, your sayin the only vids that should be posted are mod vids or to prove something?
i didn't know that's what this site was for.
thanks for clearing that up.
so you must be superior to everyone else to like a couple other guys around here.
guys like you are the reason why other sites get bigger every day.

Your the one that critic an amateur modder, then say that you can do flow mods and beyond better than him, and right after that you a vid of your car... lol
C'mon lol
im not saying im better than anybody, except you for sure.

The engine in your vid sound like it have poor top end power, in a small car like that even a .30VG would look to have a great top end..

You also suggested me to post my own stuff, wich i did. You didnt know what to say and said i think im superior... wich i dont think.

I like to share what i test, and always ready to help, just look at each videos the quantity of replies i do...

My goal was to point you that you critic someone without showing showing your real abilities to you brag about.
And you asked for a vid of his savage... your the one that asked for proof.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Back to the OP's subject.....the modder doesnt have a website that Iknow of, but does have an ad in the rcu classifieds. He goes by Scott Welch...SW Mods. a search on the classifieds should find him. All BSaside, he seems to be a pretty stand up dude.....he's worth a call anyway to discuss what he can do and what you want. Ihavent used him, but have spoken to him about other items of his he was selling. Has 100% positive feedback which is always a good thing.

thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
bigdogkanicsar

bump
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Over_revO

LOL.
keep your vid.
if your happy, so be it.
i wouldn't be.
I formulated my reply in a bad way, thats my error, my english is not perfect.

from thing i know, RBmods dont own an Xdyno. And i never seen a graph from him, i know he dont like dynos, he stated that on a forum i visit.
But that have nothing to do with RBmods... i was just trying to show you how you act in the thread. A lot of thread you post in end with people arguing with you.

You always say you have so much experience in this or that, but end up with contradicting statements all the time.
Im sure the OP dont care where your money goes. no need to say it over and over.

Sorry had to vent, my bad.

back on subject.

Goodluck with your engine, thx for posting your opinion about it

Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: thechap76

super tib u was one of the few and the only person on this thread that either defended or agreed and did not bash what we was saying and the ONLY person on this thread that has a verifiable back ground and either offered to back it up or verify it...to you sir i say thanx....and to all others no scott did nuthing to the timing...alls he is is a bckyard basher who is tryin to help a few guys out by doing sum port and polishing and a few fuel ramps...we nor he has ever claimed to have the ''best'' or the biggest'' or any other form of words...me and flux simply said WE was VERY happy with the work that was done....personalyy i dont understand why he his work or my self and flux had to be called ignorant stupid or anything else just to say hey we like his work...super tib i commend you and your buisness and personal ethics in this matter and offering to dyno these engines...but personally there was no timing changes just sum porting polishing and a fuel ramp....so other than cooler temps better acceleration and a lil gain in hp there really is no need...we are happy with what we got...and the most impressive part is the deals we got on the work that was done...i traded parts and i believe fluxme did also....if you dont like what we like just dont comment if your just gonna bash his work dont comment...hes a good guy tryin to get his name out there and its pretty crappy you guys that are bashin him are doin it with out running one of his engines having one or anything else....those of us that have reputations here for buying and selling cars dont bash the guys that dont...we have established these reps from the cars weve built owned and maintained...this is how it should be done...not buy a few ppl on a thread bashin sumthin they know nuthin about....again to all thatys read this and are interested in having a engine modded and dont have 100 bucks plus to have it done and want better acceleration better running temps and more hp give scott a try sw modds...he takes trades....thatys sumthin that no one else can say....and for sum of us that s enough...super tib ive heard clockwork engines are kick ass...keep up the good work man

Thank you dude !

when I started modding engines I got attacked relentlessly by boosters of other modding companies...My work was cut down and people were outright nasty about it... Truthfully proving those SOB's wrong is what motivated me to pursue engine modding as seriously as I did....... Even my companies name has a story behind it.... one day at the local track Integra and I were playing with a modified engine at the track...The engine was a monster, but kept flaming out ( which we later discovered was a bad clutch bearing )...but while we were having issues one of the locals at the track who ran another modders engines came up to us and snidely said " runs like Clockwork eh !"..... The guy is a good dude, but when it comes to engines and engine modifiers people get a little strange sometimes..... So after that rude comment I decided to call my company Clockwork Racing Engines, and my slogan is " Runs Like CLockwork " , and truth be told it has been proving to be a very good name for my company........ I took the very worst people threw at me and used it to my advantage, whether it was motivation for developing my mods, or a catchy name for my company...... Moral of the story is the engine modding business is very competitive these days and the last thing I am going to is motivate a potential competitor by cutting down his work, besides that I am not really a cruel or mean person so I see no need to insult someone who has done me no wrong.......I look back at my very first modified engines and laugh at how far I have come since then... those who were cutting down my work back then weren't too far off base, but how they conducted themselves was nothing less then despicable . ..........
Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Shenanigans

Back to the OP's subject.....the modder doesnt have a website that I know of, but does have an ad in the rcu classifieds. He goes by Scott Welch...SW Mods. a search on the classifieds should find him. All BS aside, he seems to be a pretty stand up dude.....he's worth a call anyway to discuss what he can do and what you want. I havent used him, but have spoken to him about other items of his he was selling. Has 100% positive feedback which is always a good thing.

thanks

Awesome thank you!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 PM
bigdogkanicsar

bump
Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 PM
srt10

it all comes down to how well it runs on the track!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 PM
bigdogkanicsar

it all comes down to how well it runs on the track!
this is true
Old 08-11-2010, 05:11 AM
HWM77

Aero engine porting, yes my son ran stock STS 21 three port in a buggy, i was impressed with the performance so i obtained a couple.I stripped one just to check manufacture finish tolerance.Piston,rod,wrist pin,weighed 7 grams(good start) Standard shaft timing 35/65,Exhaust165,trans130.The engine was modded for .21 c/l speed,venturi 11mm,Nelson plug,Ex170 trans 135,Head volume .22cm3,clearence .25mm,Run in fuel 10 nitro 15 klotz 5 castor, it turns a Sherlock 7x3.5 carbon at 30k,not bad for under $100.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Over_revO

Your mods, very cool my Friend!

Thank you!
Old 08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Colt4g63

Who does your mods?

Take a look at the Team Driver shirt he is wearing
Old 08-14-2010, 03:22 PM
thechap76
My Feedback: (26)

any one wanna know how scotts mods are or sw mods my savage is up for sale in the ads...who ever gets this truck WILL back what ive said
Old 08-21-2010, 12:04 AM
chevymanmike1010
My Feedback: (11)

Wow i read this whole thread and damn. talk about some differences of opinion. Scott Welch did mine an he did good. temps bout 230, idles all day long spins all my huge lst tires. I'll use him again. Ive only been in this hobby a few months an its awesome. My main hobby is workin on actual cars an trucks, bien i am a mechanic. This hobby has actually saved me money due to i dont spend as much on my cammed with P&P heads 05 gmc sport truck any more lol. Port an polish on a 2 stroke nitro= $65. 408 stroker Im gonna build for my truck=$5000. cheaper hobby=happy girlfriend ha ha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.