Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

How can the Hyper 21 be only $130?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: How can the Hyper 21 be only $130?

Your Revo is awesome - there's no doubt about that. But in order to hold up to that engine you must have had to mod the h.ell out of it, so in the end, with that expensive mill and all the tuning your Revo undoubtedly cost a fortune.. My point is just that a stock Losi XXL or Savage XL or whatever will be nearly or just as tough as your Revo, and one of the SH 28's or an LRP 30 for example(I got my LRP 30 from the States for about €115 I think.. An OS 28 here would run me €275.. Maybe 200 if ordered abroad..) will be plenty powerful, cheap, and very user-friendly..

People invest a ton of time and money in their truck and then just have to go around yelling how it'll "destroy" everything else, how everything else is "junk", etc.. It comes off like some Ferrari driver telling Mustang drivers that if they're gonna drive Mustangs they just shouldn't drive a car at all, cuz Ferraris are the only "real" cars... But it's all overblown. Yeah your Revo is faster than most. But for most people a good SH 28 or LRP 30 or whatever is a great engine. They are not "junk". All the high-end, highly-modded stuff, though yeah, better, is not for me though.. (and a lot of it is simply, flat-out, no question, disproportionately overpriced..) Can't be bothered with the time to get them all modded and set up just perfectly, not to mention the stupid sums of money... So I just go out with my lowly bashers and SH 28's and 30's, and have fun with them. They are low-maintenance, FAST by almost any standard(except the odd, higly modded thousand dollar one-off...), NEVER give me problems, and hey, if the engine does blow up or something due to some fault of mine, well, big deal.. Not like it cost all that much....
Old 08-23-2010, 10:27 AM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Your Revo is awesome - there's no doubt about that. But in order to hold up to that engine you must have had to mod the h.ell out of it, so in the end, with that expensive mill and all the tuning your Revo undoubtedly cost a fortune.. My point is just that a stock Losi XXL or Savage XL or whatever will be nearly or just as tough as your Revo, and one of the SH 28's or an LRP 30 for example(I got my LRP 30 from the States for about €115 I think.. An OS 28 here would run me €275.. Maybe 200 if ordered abroad..) will be plenty powerful, cheap, and very user-friendly..

People invest a ton of time and money in their truck and then just have to go around yelling how it'll ''destroy'' everything else, how everything else is ''junk'', etc.. It comes off like some Ferrari driver telling Mustang drivers that if they're gonna drive Mustangs they just shouldn't drive a car at all, cuz Ferraris are the only ''real'' cars... But it's all overblown. Yeah your Revo is faster than most. But for most people a good SH 28 or LRP 30 or whatever is a great engine. They are not ''junk''. All the high-end, highly-modded stuff, though yeah, better, is not for me though.. (and a lot of it is simply, flat-out, no question, disproportionately overpriced..) Can't be bothered with the time to get them all modded and set up just perfectly, not to mention the stupid sums of money... So I just go out with my lowly bashers and SH 28's and 30's, and have fun with them. They are low-maintenance, FAST by almost any standard(except the odd, higly modded thousand dollar one-off...), NEVER give me problems, and hey, if the engine does blow up or something due to some fault of mine, well, big deal.. Not like it cost all that much....
amen

then again a revo with a .28 and the right gearing is going to do 55mph and no other mods.
i have a nitro rush that has been literaly reconstructed/extended with a XTM 24.7 pro and a rc10gt tranny with the right gearing and does 55mph or more just wish i had a speed gun to get on vid.
i just know it's faster than a stock NTC3
Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 AM
sein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I' m with ya HerrSavage. Ihave a 8t 2.0 rtr and my losi sh 454 runs great. They are a little touchy to tune but once you get them you got them. In this vid Iwas running fat cause Iam still on my first gallon and Ican still get over 8mins on a tank. At 130.00 for the engine I can't go wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSonvgYwDY