RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Car Nitro & Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-nitro-gas-engines-269/)
-   -   Is HHO gas can run RC engine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-nitro-gas-engines-269/8622265-hho-gas-can-run-rc-engine.html)

CRRC11 03-27-2009 01:54 PM

Is HHO gas can run RC engine

hiiii

Is hydrogen (HHO) gas can run RC ( nitro) engine

What should I change to work

thank you

HJJFFFAA 03-27-2009 03:29 PM

RE: Is HHO gas can run RC engine

You can't do it. You might be able to but why would you?

dacaur 03-27-2009 06:42 PM

I would start by changing the engine... the first problem and a big one, is that for a nitro engine to stay running, the platinum in the coil needs to react with the alcohol in the fuel to keep the glow plug wire glowing.... problem #2, and maybe a bigger one is lubrication... lubrication for a 2 stroke comes in with the fuel, and if that fuel is a gas... no lube.... Cant be done. end of story.

CRRC11 03-28-2009 03:19 AM

I thought a lot what you said , but we can solve this problem
we should change old plug and head
and put " ignition coil "
hho gas + spark = fire

problem 2 '' lubrication ''
I think it's easy we can put oil like a car
???
!!?
!?!?

I think If we change old system and put ignition coil it's work by gasoline
but should mix oil with gasoline in same bottle

??!1

dacaur 03-28-2009 04:09 AM

you cant put oil in a nitro engine like in a car. The way these engines work, the air/fuel mix comes in the carb, into the crankcase, and then into the cylinder. If you put oil in the crankcase, its just going to go out the exhaust. as for adding a spark plug... that's just silly.... where are you going to get power for your coil? hows it going to know when to fire? You are wanting to take a $100 nitro engine, and add $500+ worth of custom parts to it to save a little money on nitro fuel?

downunder 03-28-2009 08:14 AM

While it's relatively simple to convert to spark ignition (it's done quite often for plane engines) there's no possible way to lubricate the engine as others have said.

CRRC11 03-28-2009 02:40 PM

what about change to gasoline mix with oil
I saw many in the shop work by gasoline
if we wont to change nitro to gasoline
I think we need ignition coil
plug
and change head
only

SManMTB 03-28-2009 03:45 PM

You make no sense.

dacaur 03-28-2009 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: CRRC11

what about change to gasoline mix with oil
I saw many in the shop work by gasoline
if we wont to change nitro to gasoline
I think we need ignition coil
plug
and change head
only
but why do that to a nitro, when there are ready-made gas engines to be had for cheaper than a nitro engine+conversion? Or just even start out with a weed wacker engine.... you are making this way more complicated.

Lukitzo21 08-11-2017 09:17 AM

Well what if u had vegetable glycerin vaporized into the HHO gas and make a oil gas mix of sorts? And then soldered a wire to positive terminal of glow plug and the other to the block and then give that a constant 3v so it's just constantly active? I'm planning on trying this for a science fair and I feel a Water Powered model engine would win hands down