Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carden Edge 540

I have seen many video clips of the giants doing their thing for some time. Last Sat my wife and I attended a fun flyin and swap meet at a club about 150 miles away. There I found the newest drug of choice after watching Joey Hamilton (team JR) put on a demo flight. Guess I should have stayed home cause think its gonna cost me a few bucks. I have been flying R/Cs for more years than I really care to mention, and have over the last four years gone more to the 1/4 and 1/3 scale planes so my old wore out eyes can focus on them. The good thing is my wife was asking more questions and getting info on the Edge than I was. (Got a great wife that spoils me rotten. She buys me more than I buy.) What are some ideas, recommenditions on the best way to go getting into these wonderful plane. Also my wife already mentioned that I would have to buy a different truck & trailer to carry the plane (gotta love her)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Carden Edge 540

You can buy these planes already built by professionals, well worth the money in my opinion. I fly IMAC with this guy and have seen his work, he makes gorgeous, straight planes and will finish the plane to whatever level you desire.

www.frankbuiltmodels.com
    Ryan Winslow
    Fly PAU!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, really sounds like you got the RC way of life going for you!
    Steven Carroll
    AMA# 738035
    www.cafreestyle.com
    www.rcshowcase.com
    www.franktiano.com

\"The more you know, the more you know you don\'t know.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What would a 40% Carden Edge cost built by frankbuiltmodels,, just a estimate....
    \"Practice, confidence and arrogance makes you a better pilot, few can use these to the best of their ability\" JONGURLEY 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I talked to him at Toledo about pricing on a 35% Carden and he has 2 versions.
    ARC version that is framed up, engine mount in, hinge pockets cut etc so it's ready
    to cover and his price was $1100 plus the price of the kit. He stocks kits so all you have
    to do is call. He indicated he generally had ARC versions in stock so lead time on those
    was very short. For one complete ready to go was around $3500. I didn't ask about a 40%
    but this will give you some idea of what to expect. He had one of his planes on display
    and the workmanship was top quality.