Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

30% carden

Old 09-04-2004, 06:37 PM
heliflyer5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30% carden

Hi, I just bought a used 30% carden extra 300s, I have questions please tell me a good starting point for the throws, for the low and high rate. and what is the gas oil mix for a zenoah g62. thanks.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:50 PM
wingburner
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: 30% carden

Carden 300s
Elevator low 3/8"--high 5/8"
Aileron low 5/8"--high 1"
Rudder 30 degrees right and left
Can't remember the ratio for the G62 but 40/1 good synthetic and you won't go wrong.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:53 PM
jclittle
My Feedback: (99)

The 30% Carden Extra is not a 3D plane, so set it up with whatever you feel comfortable with, it does take alot of elev to get it in air. It's a good IMAC type plane. It is a rather heavy frame compared with the newer 30%-33% planes out today. My recommendation would be to use something other than the G62, consider a lighter weight more powerful motor like the ZDZ80 or equivalent. Enjoy it.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:03 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Dunno who built your 30%er jc but mine will 3D its little arse off. It is also elevator sensitive. When Dennis shipped these planes out, included in the box with the plans was an addendum sheet with toc mods. If the plane was built according to the addendum, it will 3D just fine. Of course if the guy who built it didn't know what he was doing......... Well.......

My high rates are all there is, with 35% expo. Low rates are (in % of High) elevator 35%, Rudder 55% Aileron 58%, again with a generous amount of expo.

I will admit that this plane does not do waterfalls as well as some of the newer planes available but considering mine weighs 17lbs 10 oz. with a ZDZ 60 I don't think it qualifies as either heavy or "not a 3D plane". Blenders with mine are a true thing of beauty & it will harrier around until the motor burns up, without the wing rock so many others suffer from. "Course I'm not so sure how its gonna perform with a G62 hangin' up front but then again, I don't have that in mine.