Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

Carden Cost Goes Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carden Cost Goes Up!

In response to the Snap on tools example, longevity is not a good example for the increase in price nor a good reference for the price hike,,, "MOST" planes only hold up as good as the owner allows them to, if you don't inspect,clean,service, etc,,,, nor Carden's, Aeroworks, Hangar 9's, Composite ARF's or any will hold up as long as desired, It is true that you pay higher for the Snap on tools but if you break them they are replaced,[X(] and "airplanes" I.E>Cardens or any other you pay a high price, and if you break or crash, you have a pile of wood and a couple of stickers and that is it, then you go buy another 1199 dollar box of wood,[&o]
Old 01-13-2005, 08:48 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

IF you take care of all your planes equally well, the CARDEN will outlast the others. If you crash (equal damage) several planes of similar size but by different manufacturers, the CARDEN will be easier to repair and more likely to have less damage. I have repaired several. It is typically easy work to do and very easy to get it to fly just like it did. I haven't had the opportunity to repair anything composite, but there's just no way it could be as easy or as cheap to repair.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:32 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I will say, the only reason Id buy a carden, is that they are built like tanks, I have seen one 35% edge crash pretty good a couple times, and always comes back better than before... Now its for sale for a wild price IMO, but its a nice plane, something about the cardens doesnt quite look right to me, but they do seem to fly good.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Velox Pilot

Hello,

Go to www.flytheedge.com and see from a customer standpoint how Cardens competition can also hold up as well. There is so much emphasis on the price and what you can expect that is so much above anyone else. Well there ae just as good alternates that fly and hold up as well. I have both Carden first and now my Velox. I will take bets it will hold as good or better than something costing $400.00 more and flys equally as well.

Later