Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

Cuda - carb air

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:42 PM
ibow24
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuda - carb air

I don't know how many guys are following the Cuda build thread so I'm posting this question in a new thread hoping for some ideas.
This is one for the guys who have already built a Cuda and how they handled airflow to the carb

I drilled the 1 1/2" hole in the firewall right behind the carb per Carden plans.
I'm also running a canister so the 1/16" sheet balsa that makes up the top of the canister tunnel goes right across the middle
of the hole I drilled.
I decided to cover the top half of the hole on BACK of F1 in the space between the top of the motor box and the top of the canister tunnel.
The bottom half of the hole I am leaving open since it would be in the tunnel space. Would that air coming off the canister be too hot to draw into the carb? I would think any air inside the cowl and behind the carb would be pretty hot anyway.

Don't know if I explained that clear enough. Here are couple pictures of what I did.
Pic. 1 is looking into F1 from the front.
Pic. 2 is looking at the back of F1 from the bottom of the fuse WITH the top of the tunnel in place ( 1/16" sheet balsa)

thanks
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51379.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	393126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55318.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	393127