Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Carden Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Should Carden release a 50cc kit, and if so what airframe?

Community
Search
Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line
View Poll Results: A poll
50cc Extra 330S
26.80%
50cc Extra 260
41.24%
50cc Extra 300
31.96%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Should Carden release a 50cc kit, and if so what airframe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:25 PM
FlyguyXII
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should Carden release a 50cc kit, and if so what airframe?

Hi guys, with the current release of the Yak 54 arf and its popularity. Would anybody be interested in seeing Carden release a smaller version of the extra 330s, 260, or even the 300 as a kit? I know I would. That being said yes the yak arf is a great flying airplane but with some of the issues i have had with mine I would much rather have spent the $700 on a carden kit and built it myself and had an airplane that would last. Im not new to the Carden aircraft family as i have a 35% extra 330 and would love to buy a 50cc kit as a backup/3d airplane instead of the arf's. Think of it this way there are those people out there that would love to own a carden but because of size they cant transport it or store the larger airframes. Yes they could go with the arf but after some of the issues i have had with mine i would much rather go with the kit rather then an arf if a kit were available even if it would cost more to build then the arf. Anyways please vote.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:48 AM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Default RE: Should Carden release a 50cc kit, and if so what airframe?

They all ready have a 50cc kit its called the Cuda and is a 3D monster and builds easy. Check it out. http://www.carden-aircraft.com/
Old 03-22-2009, 08:31 PM
FlyguyXII

I dont think you read the thread Im asking about a 50cc IMAC style airframe such as the extra or edge. I am aware that they sell yhe Cuda but that is not an IMAC legal aircraft.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 PM
lazy eight

I didnt see anywhere that said IMAC legal airframe. Any how they once did kit the smaller planes but the market disappeared with the ARF invasion and they pulled production of them. I dont think they will bring them back because they sell out of all there kits they can build now and there all 35% to 42% kits. They are working on a couple of new planes now but there wont be any 50cc size kits. With the ARFs being priced where they are its not fesable to make the smaller kits. It takes allmost the same amount of time to kit the small kits vs the big ones. Its all boils down to profit vs time. Heard it from the man himself.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
FlyguyXII

correct but there old 30% kits were NOT 50cc aircraft they were 75cc aircraft and were built heavy compared to todays standards. On my original post you will see that i only asked about three types of airframes and that i stated that im not new to the carden family. I am aware of what they kit and what they have kitted. Thats why i didnt ask about the cuda.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 PM
lazy eight

There really was NOT any 50cc engines back then the Zenoha was pretty much it. And the G62 was the choice of most for those airframes. Of course the 3w twin 75cc. was around if you like to work on it rather than fly it. All where heavy.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Wildstyle

a smaller version of there 35% Extra 260 or Yak54. around 86/87" wingspan, 16lb or so for a 50cc. I would buy one over a "made in PRC ARF" any day. Anthony
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 PM
DLEVETT
My Feedback: (13)

I was hoping that a 50cc IMAC capable kit was in the works 2 yrs ago and spoke with Dennis and Caroline directly at the Toledo show.
Just as lazy eight has indicated Dennis does not believe that there is sufficient demand for 50cc kits since ARF,s have really dominated that area of the hobby.
Plus the time spent producing a 50cc kit is very close to the larger kits without the return in investment associated with the larger airframes.
It ain,t going to happen at least as long as Chinese 50cc Arf,s are affordable.
Maybe if your poll included deposits for kits it would happen but once again just as lazt eight said they are busy manufacturing and selling what they already offer.
I,d be one of the first guys to make a deposit for a baby Extra 260 or Edge 540.

Dave
Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
enahs
My Feedback: (4)

How about a 50cc Cap?  I love Caps.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
mobilemenice80

"baby edge or baby 260" carden sells the baby edge and baby 260!
and im sure they will take a deposit on it! lmao!!

guys if you want a parkflyer there are tons out there if you want a "baby edge or 260" buy a 100cc engine! lol

love it!

Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

I doubt may people would be willing to pay $700 for a 50cc size kit, even if it was a Carden. There are so few kits available these days of any size, that are IMAC capable. Very few of us want to actually build anymore.
zx32tt
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
mobilemenice80

if they had one, i would buy it! nothing builds, flys or LASTS like a Carden!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:58 PM
chamma

Extra 300 or Edge 540T will be nice.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Nathan_L

I'd buy any Edge/Extra/Cap that Dennis put out in a 50cc size. I bought one of the last 30% CAPs he had left and loved it.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sadly it just doesn't make good business sense to do a hand made kit in the 50cc range. The ARF's coming in from oversees make it impossible to sell for anything but a profit loss.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 PM
PerfectFlyer1

Yeah, it is sad but the chinese ARFS killed the 50cc kit category. I would love to build a 50cc Extra, Edge, Yak, ect... I simply don't trust most arfs in that size range. Face it a 50cc plane is a significant investment in hardware. I have had many problems with arfs, from name brand (stuff sold by tower and horizon) and small off brand planes. I would love to build a 50cc plane my self, that way I can customize it how I like and make sure it is setup right. Just out of curosity, does anyone know a company offering 50cc kits? As for Carden, I will buy any plane produced by them, their kits are simply amazing. I am currently finishing a Cuda and have a 35% extra waiting to be built for the coming season.

Peace.