Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

Bought a new TOY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:09 PM
deltron63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought a new TOY!!!

How are you going to jig it with a seperate chassis?
95% of our work is US spec cars. We even do the warranty work for chrysler, gm, ford.
what model is the f150.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:23 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You funny!!! So do you also think british cars are the best in the world? Wait a minute, british cars?!?...
Old 02-05-2005, 06:23 PM
methodman

[quote]ORIGINAL: xknacx

12K will get ya a 68 camaro with a supercharged 350 motor and it will be worth more then 12k 10 years from now.

oh yeah, thats what i`m taking about, these would be a sweet ride

Aaron.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36755.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	225370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46566.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	225371  
Old 02-05-2005, 06:33 PM
dubby

Deltron,

At the moment we cant even lift the thing apart from on a trolley jack. Last one was a flareside and just fitted on the celette so was not to sad.

This one is a harley edition, more than that i cant tell you. At the mo all I can think of doing is dozering off the chassis as it doesnt matter if i damage it. Doesn't need a big pull so should be ok (I hope ) Not looking forward to doing it though I must admit.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:51 PM
deltron63

sounds good to me, just watch the body to chassis mounts!
try not to break any trim bits they cost a fortune for the harley special edition.
has it got the super charger and electric bed cover?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:56 PM
dubby

Its got the charger but not sure about the electric bed, not got round to climbing over it yet. At the moment its just a pile of dust in the corner

Had it since september, chassis arrived last week along with all the front suspension etc. Everyone has avoided it like the plague Ive been unlucky to draw the short straw for the bodywork but luckilly not the chassis change (well not yet anyway)
Old 02-05-2005, 07:02 PM
deltron63

we had jaque villenouve's dodge viper at ours once, but the insurace company wrote it off [] so we didn't do it.
what a beast of a car that was.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:05 PM
dubby

Would have loved to get my hands on that
Old 02-05-2005, 07:12 PM
deltron63

Mr Salavage Man took it away before we had a chance to buy it.
The parts alone came to 40k. 10k for a new bonnet!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure you use a super heavy duty coil spring compressor. ours snaped in half on the last f150 we did
Old 02-05-2005, 07:27 PM
dubby

Something tells me you could be getting lots of anoying emails in the next ew weeks
Old 02-06-2005, 08:53 AM
RC_UK

I am a robot tech at a GM plant all i have to say is our cars are best hands down but thats what i think
I work at honda so i could say the same thing.................but im not
See, people that work at honda wont even back their cars!
no im just not that sad to big up the company i work for.

Heck in japan they change out their engines when they reach 40k miles because the damn things cant even pass emissions anymore!
thats cos their emissions test is more strict than the usa and the uk.
surely you could tell that as you know so much, seeing some of the wrecks you drive round in the usa..... heck you dont even have MOTs. LAMO
Old 02-06-2005, 02:28 PM
dazzahughesuk

Eleanor

...nuff said
Old 02-06-2005, 03:27 PM
ibstar

i was wondering about usa car regs last night while watching pimp my ride
god they do up some rubbish, i understand maybe the body work not rusting as quickly as they do here in the uk
but they spend loads on the outside and leave the motor etc as is. some of them look like they'd never make it down the road, let alone last long enough to justify spending that sort of money.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:14 PM
quarterscalelegends

Yea, that pimp my ride is a stupid MTV show that goes after the imprort tuner croud that thinks that stickers, large rear wings, and 20" rims make the car go faster!!!

When It comes down to it american cars are the best built, have the best design AND offer the most performance of any other country for the money hands down. Look at the viper and the corvette.... for an import car to even come close you are looking at twice the price. POOR, POOR, POOR Porsche and BMW just cant compete with a 40-80k price tag with that performance and quality. I wont even start on the old muscle cars. Those are completely untouchable by ANY import new or old, PERIOD.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:10 PM
deltron63

I saw a brand new ford gt 40 last week. The paint had rubbed off the edge of the door where it hits the wing !!!!!!!!
you wont see that on a porsche
enough said.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:50 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Moved to the full scale car forum.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:15 PM
quarterscalelegends

New GT40??? Do you mean the Ford GT? Even if your statement was correct, what porshe or Volkswagon for that matter can out perform it that costs under 150k?? Porshe cant even get their cars not to "wheel hop" when you drop the clutch hard
Old 02-06-2005, 09:57 PM
glenn201

there are a lot of poeple on here that no matter what you have its junk unless its the same thing they have if we all liked the same thing it would be very boring i see no reason to put down somebody stuff just because its not what i drive or what i like
Old 02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
voo2doo

Hey Dub,ya said ya got an F-150 in for repair??? tell me more!

Vo0
Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 PM
voo2doo

Oh,as for FU,UK,the "boy racer stylee".....PMSL....My car is standard,no wheels,exhaust,and other sh*t!!!!Yes sorry folks,jut one imaculate ST170!
I thought the SAAB's were given to the retired??? especially"GOLD"...C'Mon boy you were impressed.And I didnt think the Matrix budget would stretch to PRADA clothing!!!!!!!!! Sorry bud grown out ot "TRACKY TOPS an' TRAINERS"Good luck in ya hobby.
Regards......
Vo0[&:]
Old 02-10-2005, 04:39 AM
FGUK
Banned

ORIGINAL: voo2doo

Oh,as for FU,UK,the "boy racer stylee".....PMSL....My car is standard,no wheels,exhaust,and other sh*t!!!!Yes sorry folks,jut one imaculate ST170!
I thought the SAAB's were given to the retired??? especially"GOLD"...C'Mon boy you were impressed.And I didnt think the Matrix budget would stretch to PRADA clothing!!!!!!!!! Sorry bud grown out ot "TRACKY TOPS an' TRAINERS"Good luck in ya hobby.
Regards......
No wheels??? Or exhaust????

Right............... Ok, so when I said "Driven in a boy racer stylee" what do you think that meant? It meant the way you drove, screeching onto that garage forecourt showing off, and as for wearing sunglasses in October on a dull day............. Just tell me again, what was your favourite character in the Matrix?!

Saabs for the reitred, yes maybe, the old biege ones, not sure they'd handle the 230 BHP Aero Coupe that mine is though, all paid for by the way. Also, I don't know what you've been doing too much of but your eyes are bad, it's Silver Grey NOT gold!!!

Prada clothes.......... yes I wear them, what's your point? Would you know where to buy them?

Trackie and trainers, it's a uniform where I come from, as are clogs and bin liners where you're from...........

Retired? Me? Yes actually, I work about 8 hours a week thanks! Suits me nicely, prefer to have my lesiure time now while I can enjoy it rather than when I'm old and no use to anyone!

Still don't understand why you resurrected this post, maybe it really did take you 6 days to think of a witty reply?!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:25 AM
original.mb

i thought grandads drove saab's? safe carz though i used to like them way back in the eighties.

'prada' a bit to camp for me g.

240 bhp is that all? mmmmmm.........i suppose someone has to drive them. i was in new sl lastnight one of me palz bought one new nice jam yo. bought and paid for not HP like some.

german cars a very tuff and refined, italian cars are beautiful and powerful, i luv the yankie v8 power cars.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
madstampede

hehe i drive a 1994 chrystler lhs i like it everything is stock except the sterio system i hope thats not and old peoples car im more into trucks but that wuz the only car i seen at the dealer that i liked but man i turn the traction control off and if im lucky i can get a some smoke from the tires and i mean alot of smoke but oh well i like it. i mean i know that 17yo kids should be driving import tuners and lowriders but hey im pushin 2 mtx 6000 and two bazzoka amps he he bye.oh and a alpine deck bye.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

ORIGINAL: voo2doo

Oh,I did fancy an American LARGE car...???.. (think they all are?)But I dont want to travel around with 20 gallons of fire foam!!!!!(because everytime a yankee car hits a fookin'road cone it EXPLODES!!!!)Naw.....But I thinks I will stick to British,Jap,German....thanx America ya great.....but not on ya cars!
Regards
Ouch! Ever since the FORD Model T came out my family has owned Domestic, American cars. I intend on keeping it that way.
http://www.4x4offroads.com/image-fil...-big-f-250.jpg
Old 11-29-2005, 12:28 PM
dazzahughesuk

Vo0 and FGUK you both need to take a chil pill and chill out...period!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.