My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Eleanor owners on here

ORIGINAL: crazyotto

i have some eleanor parts on my 05 stang
Hey carzyotto.. those are nice !! where did you get those parts..?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2006, 08:09 AM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

cervinis auto designs in jersey
Old 01-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Rotorwrench

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If there is no such thing as a Shelby GT500, you might want to tell that to the guy that just bought a '68 Shelby GT500 KR for $280,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Zukre Iskotehx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey do anyone have sound or vidoe clips of their eleanor or any mustang..?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
meowy84

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

William, I'm with ya! Didn't Shlby sell his rights and/or name to Ford for $1? Or maybe that was for the Cobra? Anyways, obviously the kids here have a hard time understanding what you wrote even though it's plain to me.

OK LISTEN UP Y'ALL, I think what William was trying to say by saying that there are no Shelby GT500's is that any Mustangs with the Shelby GT500 moniker WERE NOT strictly made/customised by Shelby American (i.e. Carroll Shelby's own shop). Just because Ford decided to put out the Shelby GT500 does not make it a Shelby strictly speaking on the basis of "did Carroll Shelby's shop actually work/customize the particular car". So then in the purest sense, like William said, only the first Shelby GT's were true Shelby's.

And to all of you who say they exist because I've driven/seen/own one with the tag I say this: I can put a Maserati badge on my Fiero but it don't make it a Maserati. Or look at the Dino cars put out by Ferrari....the ferrari purists don't consider them Ferraris because they had essentially Fiat engines. Are they Ferraris? That's up for debate. People too criticised the first road-going V8 Ferraris as not true Ferraris because they didn't have the obligatory 60 degree V12 front engine configuration. Or, in the 80s Dodge had an abomination with a Shelby Daytona dadge on it. Well guess, what, it don't make it a Shelby.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:05 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The 80s Mopars were REAL Shelby cars...moreso than the Mustangs Bill is talking about.

and the GLH turbos were faster than most Shelby 'stangs, as well
Old 03-22-2006, 02:21 PM
meowy84

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with you on the GLH turbos....very quick indeed but also quite problematic in the front end (i.e. torque steer, etc, etc and other little problems....gotta remember though that was before all the rice burners and before the manufacturers figured out how to put big power reliably through the front wheels)....
Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 PM
mirage-twin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey William Robison if the 1967 gt-500 wasnt built by shelby american why did it have shelby's personal hand signed autograph on the dash of almost every gt-500?
Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM
mirage-twin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok, I just read meowy84's post and now I dont know what to believe
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 AM
john68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow... there's a bunch of emotional enthusiam in some of these posts.
My username is John68, can you guess what the "68" refers to?
I am all but out of the hobby now. I own a collision/restoration shop, and am surrently restoring a 1968 mustang coupe, as well as a 69 VW bug. I have done concours restorations on these cars, and I used to be quite a regular with the MCA and SAAC. I am practically out of it completely now, for my own pleasure/hobby. That movie, gone in sixty seconds, ruined my hobby, because the prices of everything started skyrocketing. In 1995, I could have bought a 1966 shelby GT-350 for $15,000 that needed a restoration. Now, for the same car, that needs a full restoration(rusted out junk) I would have to shell out about $80,000. Yeah right!!! I'd sooner buy a homeless man a house, before giving someone $80,000 for a car that is rotten to the core. It didn't just drive up teh price of shelby cars, it drove up the 67-68 fastbacks as well. they are, for all intents adn purposes, the same car, with a few minor modifications, and having either a 67 or 68 fastback means with a minimal investment, you can build a shelby look-alike or an elenor look-alike. I bought a running, driving, inspected 1968 Mustang Fastback for $1600 in 1995. Today, the same car will fetch about $12,000, on teh right day. That sucked all the fun of the hobby right out of it. How is it fun to make profiteers wallets fat? Lots of the Mustang crowd started doing just that. People who you thought you could trust, suddenly got gold fever, and dollar signs filled their eyes. Me? I walked away from it all. I see enough of it at work to fill my plate, and someday, when all the fads die down, I will pick up where I left off. The good news is the baby boomers are turning retirement age, and in teh next 15 years, most of them will be dead, so the money will fall out of the hobby. By then, some of the cars will return to a fair market value, and all will be right again. Until then, I am playing with my helicopters and airplanes. heck, for the price of a Mustang Fastback, I could get my rotorywing liscence in full scale helicopters. Does that put things in perspective?

Oh well...
If anyone would like to clear up any misconceptions, or things in this thread, head over to www.vintage-mustang.com and start asking around. There are a few national assistant head judges for teh MCA on there, as well as MCA staff and SAAC representatives that would be happy to answer all questions regarding Shelby and Ford. As for the true Shelby cars, the name "Shelby" does appear on the special second vin tag under the hood, even on the cars that were not built by shelby's CA shop. They might have been put their by Ford, but the design was pure Shelby.
and regarding the Shelby signatures on dash boards... well, Carol Shelby is a cheap man, and he is stingy, and he is always out to make a buck. To this very day, if you took anything to Carol Shelby, including your last bowel movement, he would gladly sign it for you... for a fee of $100 cash. In teh days when I attented all kind sof shows, he was selling his penmanship for only $50, but hey, inflation, yanno?

I hope that clears some things up. The best way to clear this up is to head over to vintage-mustang.com and talk to the real mustang fans. It was a mustang fan over there, who pointed me to this board, so it all works out, I get to point you over there.

John68
Old 04-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Zipittydoda

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: meowy84

OK LISTEN UP Y'ALL, I think what William was trying to say by saying that there are no Shelby GT500's is that any Mustangs with the Shelby GT500 moniker WERE NOT strictly made/customised by Shelby American (i.e. Carroll Shelby's own shop). Just because Ford decided to put out the Shelby GT500 does not make it a Shelby strictly speaking on the basis of "did Carroll Shelby's shop actually work/customize the particular car". So then in the purest sense, like William said, only the first Shelby GT's were true Shelby's.

And to all of you who say they exist because I've driven/seen/own one with the tag I say this: I can put a Maserati badge on my Fiero but it don't make it a Maserati. Or look at the Dino cars put out by Ferrari....the ferrari purists don't consider them Ferraris because they had essentially Fiat engines. Are they Ferraris? That's up for debate. People too criticised the first road-going V8 Ferraris as not true Ferraris because they didn't have the obligatory 60 degree V12 front engine configuration. Or, in the 80s Dodge had an abomination with a Shelby Daytona dadge on it. Well guess, what, it don't make it a Shelby.
I'm a Chevy guy myself, but I still remember a lil about the Ford's.
He said there were NO 1967 GT 500 Shelby's. And that is WRONG. 1967 Was the first year for the GT 500. I remember the first one we had in town, blue with white stripes. He pulled the original 428 out of it and put in a 427 for strip use. He later died and the car was put up for auction with all the parts with it including the original engine!! Being converted into a strip car it was low mileage and with the original engine I imagine it would be worth a fortune today.

Ok, gonna make ya cry.....it went for $11,000 at the auction for everything.......

Ed
1970 Camaro 396/402 375hp
Old 08-08-2009, 11:07 PM
svranger25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if the 1966 shelby gt500 was nvr made wht do you call the one of a kind 1966 shelby cobra gt500 super snake tht was owned by carrol shelby himself he sold it at auction for 5.5 million
Old 10-24-2009, 05:46 AM
t3tj30n560
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I like........................................

-

lkjwrfr
find a job