Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

Cool custom cars vs bad reputation

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 06:39 PM
CapUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool custom cars vs bad reputation

I have noticed how bad of reputations the custom cars has gotten. I mean the fast and furious style cars. the movie the fast and furious really upped the popularity of those cars but also brought a reputation of street raca' crap to them. and the term "pimped out" really brought it down to a new low. I mean, I think those kind of cars are awesome but I wouldn't want to be seen driving one because it makes you look like a jerk to normal people or a poser to the real street racer people,neither of which I am or want to be loked apon as.
I find this very much like skateboarding. People,not so much now but did, think skateboarders are losers because of all the stupid punks. This is the reason I quit. (skateboarding) and I dont want it to be the reason I stop liking these cars. if anybody else feels this way or has something to say, please post it.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:12 PM
center of the universe

Default RE: Cool custom cars vs bad reputation

not much to say but that I agree
Old 08-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CapUSA ,,
In life, many people will look down on you for most anything..
Now, the questions is.. Do you let them dictate how YOU live
your life...?
So -some- people looked down on skateboarders.. Big deal..
Just go do it...
I have had american muscle cars and radical street machines
since they were new cars in the late 60's and early 70's.. I
have been 'look down upon' many times thru the years... And
guess what,, I *still* have those type of cars,, and I still don't
give a rats orfice what other people think... To *ME* they are
fun...
Same thing with R/C planes.. Many people will look down on
you for 'playing with toys'.. So what.. As long as *YOU* enjoy
what you are doing...
So CapUSA ,,live your own life and ignore those who dictate
how you should live...

Old 10-16-2005, 04:21 PM
8kickassrs9

ricers suck and "custom cars" are what chip foose and boyd coddington build. not those pos cars from that dumass movie. real street racing does NOT happen like in that movie at all. o yea and a friend of mine said it best... because of haveing to wade through the ocean of fart cans and pepboy wings to find that ONE decent import, there is no point in trying. looking fast then trying to be it and run 15's or worse is the stupidest thing anyones done. those dumbass kids that glorify that crap are morons and need to learn what real hot rods have and will do. alan sheperd and his 7 sec talon, gmpp and there 7.70sec sunfire, summit and there 8 second rwd celica.. thank you please drive through.. all 4 cylinder cars though so dont even try to call me a hater.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Fast n Furious was the worst movie I had ever seen. The looser criminals become the hero's. Drive stupid ricers which are suited for 12 year old children. People have the freedom to build stupid cars and the rest of us have the freedom to laugh at them. It's the idiots who draw attention to themselvs and wonder why the rest of the world is laughing at them. It goes both ways. Their free to do it and we are free to laugh at it. The latest bling thing is a joke too:

Gary
Old 10-21-2005, 08:37 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

gow...where the heck didja get that sticker??
Old 10-21-2005, 08:40 PM
gow589

Car show. The guys with old Mustangs were handing them out

Gary
Old 11-09-2005, 07:54 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I been into cars for 30 years, seen lots of diffrent things, I too seen fast n furious, unfortunatly many young kids think it is realistic.

I would like to make a prediction (time will tell)... IMO... this whole import "tunner" thing is much like the ***DISCO*** thing that happened in the 70's. If the the north american auto companys start offering more/better/sport domestic cars again, I could see this Fast n Furious thing go much like the DISCO! thing. Imo, the only thing missing from these raca import people with there snow plows, airplane wings and there batman jet exhaust is a DISCO ball in there cars, maybe bell bottom pants will help them with there "NOS" (lol) too.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

"nosssss" rules[8D]
Old 12-30-2005, 10:16 PM
kingshorty12

the fact that people do laugh at people for doing that to there car is fine, i was at mcdonalds and saw a guy with a nice civic all decked out nice car he suported his family from the winnings he got from racing it he had about 2 or 3 guys standing there talking about it i think if u do do the street tuner, i think u have ur place in the world . people that sreet race i think do it because it is illegal and it gives them a feeling of power . i think it all right to modify your car in performanse and visuals because u like it i think it will not end up like disco (going out) because u have the next gen. (me included) in the tuner industry and with younger gen.s in it i think it will be hard for it to go out like disco. so many people u see with rc cars have some sort of new car body be it tuner or exodic it is a growing industry and will for years to come . it may go out but i dont see it happening for many years.
[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2005, 10:51 PM
gow589

I don't care what it did. It says pre-teen all over it. LMAO! I wouldn't be seen around it.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:13 AM
cornelje

I think too many people are trying to replicate hot wheels cars:

"They look fast, but you still have to give them a push to get them moving"
Old 12-31-2005, 12:14 PM
kingshorty12

are u saying i am a pre teen or what be more spucific.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29537.jpg
Views:	3995
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	378585  
Old 12-31-2005, 04:38 PM
SLJ2137694
My Feedback: (33)

Judging from your posting I would guess you are WAY PRE-TEEN.
ORIGINAL: kingshorty12

are u saying i am a pre teen or what be more spucific.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:08 PM
kingshorty12

acually i am a tenn i am 13 i have my intrests and u have yours and please stop predicting things u dont no its uncuthe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82565.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	378757  
Old 12-31-2005, 07:48 PM
Spdsk8er

Cap USA, i am a fellow skater, and have a hat that says " im a skateboarder. arrest me" it annoys me that people think that skating is a crime. They think we all do grafitti, and vandalize stuuf. but what sux more is that they clossd the local park[:@]

im 13
Old 01-01-2006, 06:18 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

acually i am a tenn i am 13 i have my intrests and u have yours and please stop predicting things u dont no its uncuthe

rofl.

it's "uncouthe" btw. and stop using words when you have no idea how to use them. he was simply stating that you act like a pre-pubescent male, and you are.

*EDIT*

rofl, is that a Hyundai in post # 13? (how ironic, eh?)
a Hyundai...come on. I can almost understand a Civic, but a Hyundai? geesh, some peoples children.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:48 AM
subarubrat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunatly these fools equiping a 98Hp civic with 5 inch exhaust and a 3 stage cheese slicer on the rear deck are making a joke out of a very legitimate type of car enthusiasim. My favorite car I own, or have ever owned, is my 04 Subaru STI. I place it at the top of the heap in usable power and driveability. The STI and EVO are what the ricers are trying to masqarade as being and unfortunatly there are so many ricers that people have forgotten or never knew that there are foreign cars out there with scoops and wings that are functional and are incredible performers. What is funny is the reactions you get in different cars that have nothing to do with their ability. For example most domestics and ricers just assume that my wife's little Porsche would just buzz away from them like they were standing still so they tend to behave pretty timid around it. Of course a Mustang GT could compete nicely and a WRX wouldn't even break a sweat to leave it behind. Now the STI on the other hand, domestics tend to try to stoplight to stoplight out-do me as if to make sure their still buying their own hype. Once in a blue moon and an empty road I will just lay into it and hurt some feelings. On the days I take the Diablo, my god the reactions are worth it. Nobody wants anything to do with you, they just assume you can perform magic.

Comparing cars in most cases is flawed from the beginning. First off they are designed for very different reasons and can't do all things well. The waters get mudier when people only accept the one catagory that they car is superior in as a basis of comparison. For example, if car X is faster than car Y in every comparison but on a dry dragstrip then car Y will claim that drag racing is the only valid comparison.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

Don't get discouraged from other people! And if you still dont' want to drive your "ricer" from the stigma that goes with it, just make it a sleeper, I've got racing suspension under my car and a hi 13 low 14 second powertrain. From the outside though, there is no evidence it is modified what so ever. Yet it will hang with most sports cars in a straight line and out handle even more. Not to mention people are a lot more shocked with the performance of stock looking car.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

BTW, i don't see this "fad" going anywhere.

people have been buildling stupid-looking cars for decades and generations. look at anything from a 60s issue of rod 'n' custom. there'll be some mid 50s Chevy X frame piece of crap with puttied up 10 foot tall tailfins and "bullet" taillights and a retarded looking grille and 14 antennae on the trunk. it's nothing new...the cars have just changed.

BTW, subaru, wanting a fast car doesn't make the stupid looking cars any less valid of a form of car enthusiasm. one might argue that it's stupid as hell to go 120 on a public road (which it is), or that i'm a moron for beating the hell out of my daily driver 4x4 off road.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
bigugly

to each his own
i tend to lmao at the majority of ricers mainly cus of the fact that they still run 17s
personaly i like sleepers
the only truly fast car i have ever owned was a grand national and the funny thing was all the posers tried (key word) to pick on me and the guys who actually had quick cars acted scared of it
it ran 12s on a good day and i know it wasnt the quickest car
but it got alot of looks
i dont think people will look down on you if you use some taste and dont act like an idiot
Old 03-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Tomtheman70

I hate to bump an old thread but I felt I had to say something on this issue.

As a teen (16) I just got a new/used car (Its in great condition) a 1991 Honda CRX. I love my car and I like to push it around town a little too fast. Not like I could beat anything anyways with my 97 HP

Now, on the topic at hand. People who trick out the exterior have a couple of reasons for doing so: 1. To compensate for the lack of size 2. To show off that they have too much money/time in their hands. or 3. Just for the hell of making their car unique.

I am #3. I am going to start to customize my car to look different than everyone elses because I want my car to express who I am, which is an individual.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:26 PM
kingshorty12

srry fur wat i said early i turned 14 in feb looked bak on wat i said and i was acting stupid so srry
Old 03-17-2006, 08:29 PM
kingshorty12

o and ya seriously #3 all the way
Old 03-18-2006, 09:27 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

o and ya seriously #3 all the way
Oh, and yeah, seriously, learn to use proper English.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.