Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

street tuner vs. hot rod

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
DriftingDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: street tuner vs. hot rod

ORIGINAL: RAD124

ok ok ok..... why cant we all just get along??? im not insulting anyone im just stating my oppinion i have been working on american muscle since i was about 15 and now im 48 i hate fords!!!! they suck!!!! they are the most expensive and the most complicated to fix!!!!! and when peole say ford stands for fix or repair daily they arent lieing!!! where chevy is cheap simple and now leading the race!!! the new 2009 blue devil corvette is expested to have a supercharged LS9 pusing a little over 700hp and i think it was like 650footlbs of tourqe. im goin with the hot rods and american muscle!!!!
ford are cheap compared to classic plymouth repairs(cuda'!!!!!!!!!)
Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 AM
rideicon

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

ford are cheap compared to classic plymouth repairs(cuda'!!!!!!!!!)
+1
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: weathervane

i hate fords!!!! they suck!!!! they are the most expensive and the most complicated to fix!!!!! and when peole say ford stands for fix or repair daily they arent lieing!!! where chevy is cheap simple and now leading the race!!!

And Chevrolet stands for....

Cracked
Heads
Every
Valve
Ruined
Oil
Leaks
Every
Time

and....

Constantly
Having
Every
Vehicle
Recalled
Over
Lousy
Engineering
Techniques

I'm a Ford guy at heart but it doesn't matter if it's Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or an import.... It's great when they run and crap when they don't!

Home of a V-8 powered Pinto....

-Andrew

Is that anything like, "Found On Road Dead"?

or

"Move Over, Pontiacs Are Racing" ?

Old 11-08-2007, 01:55 PM
rideicon

all those acronyms are lame, I hate when people discriminate against one brand of vehicle over the other, all have their good and bad, just get over it.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Tripower455

ORIGINAL: rideicon

all those acronyms are lame, I hate when people discriminate against one brand of vehicle over the other, all have their good and bad, just get over it.

It's good natured ribbing.......

Get over it!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
rideicon

I wasn't talking directly to you, calm down!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A "street tuner" is made by a nerdy engineer and a "hot rod" is made by someone that was too cool for school.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 PM
weathervane

That my be true, but it still takes a lot of know how to get 400-500hp out of a 4 banger just as it takes skill to restore an old rust bucket into a cool hot rod. Imports are not realy my thing but I can respect what they can do with one.

Andrew
Old 11-10-2007, 12:55 AM
rideicon

400 isnt that hard, just a little $$$, 500 takes a bit of tunning skills, the 600+ out of a b series honda engine is where the skilled tuners chill, glad i decided to shoot for about 500 instead of 650 like I had the parts for, trans wouldn't have held...
Old 11-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Tripower455

ORIGINAL: rideicon

I wasn't talking directly to you, calm down!
I wasn't talking directly to you either, but the post was directed at you.

You must've missed the , so calm down yourself........

Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 AM
weathervane

Like I said, imports are not my thing but it is cool the power that they can get out of a 4 banger.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Tripower455

Like I said, imports are not my thing but it is cool the power that they can get out of a 4 banger.

For a little while anyway.......
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Rockabilly_Rebel

I guess I'm sort of resurecting this thread, but here it goes....

There is no replacement for displacement! That means I'm gonna have to go with hot rods. My opinion is that ahot rod is a pre '64 though... so lots of the cars mentioned before were muscle cars. My favorite car is still a '69 Charger R/T though, lol.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
REDisFASTER

As much as I love a classic Japanese car (Datsun 240Zs and 1971 Skyline GT-Rs (I'm a Nissan guy at heart)), you still can't beat the sound of eight cylinders pumping, the music that comes alive with a blown V8 with sidepipes (referring to my love of C3 'vettes with sidepipes).
Old 01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
R/Cpullerdude

Cars are not my cup of tea. Give me an '08 GM 3500 dually truck with a stock Duramax Diesel running 13's in the 1/4 mile. What about that 1200 horse (nearly) stock Cummins powered Dodge pulling a sled down a 300 foot pulling track? That's what I like, Big trucks pumping out 1000+ HP and 2000+ FT-LBS of torque.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:31 AM
rideicon

ORIGINAL: R/Cpullerdude

Cars are not my cup of tea. Give me an '08 GM 3500 dually truck with a stock Duramax Diesel running 13's in the 1/4 mile. What about that 1200 horse (nearly) stock Cummins powered Dodge pulling a sled down a 300 foot pulling track? That's what I like, Big trucks pumping out 1000+ HP and 2000+ FT-LBS of torque.
by stock do you mean stock block,
cuz the fueling on a duramax is not god for 13's and probably not even the stock turbo
the 6bt cummins needs head studs and fire rings to run consistently over 800hp
I want to put a 03+ common rail cummins in my 02 superduty!!!
I LOVE DIESEL!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
R/Cpullerdude

Actually, rideicon, some of your info is incorrect. A bone stock LMM with only a programmer will run in the high to mid 13's. The Cummins will need head studs to run the boost required for 1200 horse, but fire rings shouldn't be needed. We souped up a second gen in my Diesel Tech class that we estimated to be running somewhere around 7-900 horses, not sure though, never on a dyno. As far as I know, fire rings where not installed.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 AM
rideicon

ORIGINAL: R/Cpullerdude

Actually, rideicon, some of your info is incorrect. A bone stock LMM with only a programmer will run in the high to mid 13's. The Cummins will need head studs to run the boost required for 1200 horse, but fire rings shouldn't be needed. We souped up a second gen in my Diesel Tech class that we estimated to be running somewhere around 7-900 horses, not sure though, never on a dyno. As far as I know, fire rings where not installed.
hahahahaha sure dude, whatever....

2nd gen? as in 2nd gen 12V 94-98?
or 2nd gen as in 24V 98-02?

highest HP out of a 24V was just set at 900hp+ this last month, and it was like 770 3 months before that, and before that it was like 600 as the 24V vp44 cannot make that kind of power.....

I had a 2nd gen vp44 truck, was a very fun ride, hot edge, 5" mbrp exhuast, fass 150gpm fuel system, afe stage2 intake system, had a bit of smoke and would go around corners sideways but it was only at like 350-400hp but like 850ft lbs and im sure if you had never been in a torquy truck before you'd think it had 700hp..... I miss that truck, it was stolen...

just cuz the chip says 150hp doesnt mean its without the fuel system or turbo system to support it....

stock duramax with a programmer, while it will run better than a dodge or a ford with just a programmer, i doubt breaking into 13's even with a single cab, short bed, 2wd
[link=http://www.competitiondiesel.com/]http://www.competitiondiesel.com/[/link]
Old 01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
R/Cpullerdude

The D-MAX was on a forum I used to frequent. Wasn't an '08, but an LMM. No, I don't believe everything I read on the web, but for some reason, the layout, content, everything, along with pics, made it seem legit.

By 2nd gen, I mean the second Cummins Dodge ever used. As in the 12 valve, P7100. We had a 24v 3rd gen in our shop also, an all-out pullin' rig. It had been converted over to a P7100. It was dumping so much fuel into the cylinders that it would barely start, and when cranking, a thick, white cloud of un-burnt fuel was comming out of the stack. Now that's a lotta' fuel!

Your stolen truck sounds awesome. Sorry to hear it was stolen. I'm a bit of a diesel performance freak. I sit and read about Dodge and GM diesel performance constantly. So, needless to say, I really appericiate what you where able to do. I'd like to someday either put a 2nd gen into a 1st gen truck, or put a P7100 into a 1st gen, or even put the P7100 12 valve into a Chevy/GMC, and build a puller from one of these trucks I've just outlined.

There are many DMAX owners on a forum I still frequent that are getting close the the 12's with EFI Live, and some other odds and ends, basically a turbo, LP, and other goodies. A DMAX with dual CP-3's would be kinda cool. I heard that Diesel Power had an article about a 13-14 sec. LMM this month also, but have not looked to verify, nor will I being as though I refuse to read all but one Diesel mag.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 AM
rideicon

yeah, the p-pumped 12V cummins is a awesome engine, really like it.

I'm planning on putting a cummins into my 02 superduty, was going to do an all out modded p-pump 12V but im thinking im going to do a common rail cummins, shoot for about 900hp or so, as much as i can do on stock compression so i dont need ether to start the thing, i just need to start selling some of my other toys to start parting together the cummins build, lol.
have a 500hp integra, and a few street bikes i need to part out/ sell.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:18 PM
FlyinGN

psssstttt.. .. The fastest cars in the world ARE overvalve engines.. 0-320 mph in 5 seconds.. Ever hear of a top fueler??

ORIGINAL: GTB

Imports are king. Corvetts and stuff like that are nice but nothin can beat a import. V8's ha, there still using overhead valve system, like the one on my lawnmower.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Corporeal

i hate fords!!!! they suck!!!! they are the most expensive and the most complicated to fix!!!!! and when peole say ford stands for fix or repair daily they arent lieing!!! where chevy is cheap simple and now leading the race!!!

And Chevrolet stands for....

Cracked
Heads
Every
Valve
Ruined
Oil
Leaks
Every
Time

and....

Constantly
Having
Every
Vehicle
Recalled
Over
Lousy
Engineering
Techniques

I'm a Ford guy at heart but it doesn't matter if it's Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or an import.... It's great when they run and crap when they don't!

Home of a V-8 powered Pinto....

-Andrew

I drove the absolute snot out of a chev for two years. That's five days a week, 300+ miles every day.

For two years.

It never let me down once.

Oh and.. what's an exodic? I know what an exoTIC is, but an exoDIC? is that some new car brand?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:45 PM
dakota_davies

hotrods, i love that power
Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Soppy

SSC Ultimate Aero TT? Anyone, anyone? Umm, YES!!! Ferrari P4/5, HELL YES!!! Why are there so few votes on exotics? I fail to understand this. They are such amazing cars that push the limits of engineering and technical skill, as well as driver skill (and bravery, lol). The other types of cars are nice but I certainly don't think hot rods are better than exotics. I voted all in case you were wondering.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:53 PM
poe

Maybe because no one can afford exotics but the common man can build a hot rod...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.