""street tuner
1.94%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

street tuner vs. hot rod

Old 03-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Soppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: street tuner vs. hot rod

That might be true but is't this your all time fantasy? Meaning money is no object...
Old 03-10-2008, 03:07 PM
supercharged347

American Muscle all the way.....yes, exotics are nice, but Not practical. And besides, if I had $200,000 for a car, imagine what I could do to my Mustang with that cash !!! LOL...now that WOULD be SICK !
Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Soppy

Are you seriously trying to tell me that a blown and rebored engine is practical for commuting? An exotic probably gets similar gas economy and it can actually TURN. I agree muscle cars are bad@$$ but don't try and say they are economical. You could modify your mustang all you want and it still wouldn't beat an Bugatti Veyron 0-60, and those have luxury interiors, and are extremely stable, at top speed. Have you ever seen an exotic in real life? They are truly something to stand in awe at. The Ferrari FXX has the rawest exhaust note I have ever heard... I am simply playing the devil's advocate and am not trying to piss anyone off, just arguing about cars.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:30 PM
supercharged347

actually, my car is VERY streetable thank you...and MUCH cheaper then buying your average exotic....wich I'd say makes it more practical...yes. Nice try though.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Soppy

Ok, your car might be economical but I believe you were talking about a pro-street hot rod...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
supercharged347

Well its not the most economical car...but its not a pro-street drag car either ! Didnt realise we were talking hardcore drag cars.

My car does pretty well holding its own on the street...(running mild boost (4 lbs)) it makes around 550 horsepower. Put 9 lbs. into it even, and it'd really be sick. I cant imagine 20+ lbs....probably 30 lbs or better into that motor like some of the jap cars do.

I still have stock gearing in it, so I actually average 20 mpg....to boot. If I am easy on it ! I had a HCI 302 with a little boost on it, made around 450 hp...and still got 24 mpg then. Upping the cubes hurt gas milage a bit.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Soppy

Oh, forgot about one exotic that will kick any car's mpg s. The Tesela Roadster. Totally electric and has decent performance specs to boot. What year is your Mustang btw, because the 80's Mustangs are downright worthless... except for dragging, if you must, lol. I am personally not a fan of drag racing in case you couldn't tell.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 AM
supercharged347

Its a 95GT....check out the pics in the 1:1 pics thread....Its not a "supercar" or "exotic" at braking and handling....but it may suprise you at how well it does do.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 AM
FlyinGN

supercharged - soppy is clueless. LOL. my guess is that hes 14 and don't even drive lol..
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Soppy

ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

supercharged - soppy is clueless. LOL. my guess is that hes 14 and don't even drive lol..
Umm, try again *******. How am I clueless because of a supercharger? You wanna know how a supercharger works, or at least know that I know? A supercharger is a belt driven version of a turbocharger in that they both achieve roughly the same end result. Its called forced induction. The supercharger pushes air into the engine's cylinders, therefore forcing more gas into the engine (decreasing fuel economy) for a larger explosion and thus more power. Superchargers are better than turbos because they have less/no lag however they wear out faster. Turbos have lag (except on the new Porsche 911 which has automatically adjusting turbine blades) but they don't wear out as quickly. Yea, your right, I'm clueless... By the way, I can drive.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:34 AM
FlyinGN

I WAS right. Hes 14!!

stick to RC cars.. or come back in 10 years to discuss full sized cars..

I have nothing against you personally but if you do not know what your talking about why add your .02??
Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Soppy

Sorry buddy but I'm 17. Anyway, how do I not know my sh*t? What have I said that was wrong?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:47 AM
FlyinGN

well. first off its obvious that you do not even own a car and bet you have not chaged oil in car much less give 'put down' opinions on others who DO own cars and have installed forced injection equipment on them. You opinions don't hold much value now does it? Like I said.. nothing personal. I have a teenager myself so I know how kids are.. btw anyone can google info, it does not make you an experty untill you ACTUALLY did something..
no relax and stay to rc cars..

ORIGINAL: Soppy

Sorry buddy but I'm 17. Anyway, how do I not know my sh*t? What have I said that was wrong?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Soppy

I know so much more about cars than RC stuff. Maybe I haven't installed forced induction but how does that have anything to do with my knowledge of how they work or what they do? Basically you are saying if I had changed oil or installed performance parts, I would magically have a valued opinion? but without that my opinion is worthless??? What kind of logic is that? To automatically say I am clueless because I haven't simply changed oil is blatant ignorance, no offense but it is. The "put down" comment that 80's Mustangs are worthless, I can assure you almost anybody who knows something about cars will tell you the same thing. They look ugly (in my opinion) and the only thing they are remotly good for is dragging because they have that big 5.0L engine. I can have knowledge about something without experience, most people will generally still value the knowledge.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Soppy

By the way, that thing is nice supercharged347.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
FlyinGN

ok you win kid.. 80's Mustangs are ugly because you say so,. Drag racing is worthless because you say so.. Exotics are the best because you say so. Oh and btw- you don't even own a car..

is any of this making it thru?????
Old 03-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Soppy

Wow, way to be a child. I didn't say my opinion was right or anything like that. I simply said it was my OPINION. You do know what that is right? Forum are for expressing these opinions you dumb@$$. I was simply asking you about how changing oil had anything to do with how valued someone's opinion is. I'm pretty sure your the one who needs to make sure everything is getting through...
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
FlyinGN

guess it ain't getting thru.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Soppy

Oh no, it's getting through. I simply don't understand your skewed sense of logic.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:33 AM
FlyinGN

ok let me show you what I mean.. I like guitars.. but don't own one and don't play one..

I go onto a guitar forum and give my opinion on what guitars I think suck... Now are you following? You are doing same thing here..
Old 03-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Soppy

Ok, (following your guitar metaphor) its more like you spend nearly every day researching guitars and looking at playing techniques and helping your dad work on his guitar (? lol), attending guitar expos and generally having an unhealthy obsession with them, lol. Then your getting closer to my relationship with cars. My friends work on their cars and I check that stuff out. I have seen some of the rarest cars ever produced and sat in a few of those as well (I'm not saying this is driving or that it gives me any experience). I cannot wait to get a car, unfortunately I can't afford one... That is beside the point though. I see what your saying, but I believe you are underestimating how obsessed I am, lol. (OPINION INCOMING) The only reason I made the comment that I think 80's Mustangs suck is because I think they look ugly. I don't have to own one to know that. I'm not crazy about dragging because I think it is boring to watch (I'm sure its different if your driving) kinda like NASCAR. You can know a lot about something without owning it. I'm sure you know a few guitars that suck because you've heard someone else play them, same concept.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
FlyinGN

ok.. common ground... Its good... truce??
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Soppy

Yup, lol.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM
supercharged347

ORIGINAL: Soppy

By the way, that thing is nice supercharged347.
Thanks.

As for the rest of what was said, you both have a point. And yes, if you study things you can have some knowledge without experience. I didnt really have a problem with our discussion before...and am glad you two have come to a truce ! Just one thing though...superchargers dont hurt gas mileage really during normal driving. My gas milage didnt drop at all driving back and forth to work (never need to get into boost in normal driving). When you open it up though...watch out, it really sucks it down !! I put 3 gallons of gas in one time just when I got to the dragway, made (5) 1/4 mile passes...and it was gone ! lol....thats 3 gallons in a mile and a 1/4.

FlyinGN......without looking through your posts...I am Guessing you have a Grand National ? Stock ? Whats it got done if anything ?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
supercharged347

damn, keep hitting quote insted of edit And it dont seem we can delete.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.