Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

any reviews on the XTM mammoth st

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
PACKERSFAN1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any reviews on the XTM mammoth st

does anyone have or heard any reviews on the new mammoth st? i am looking into buying one i have looked at the "REVO" and it is not very impressive.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any reviews on the XTM mammoth st

WRONG forum man
no they dont look in th
mt forum and look for my thread theres a man who owns 1 in there
Old 07-20-2005, 12:01 PM
annie_himself

WRONG forum man
no they dont look in th
mt forum and look for my thread theres a man who owns 1 in there
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
annie_himself

ooops i double posted but look in the monster truck forum
Old 07-20-2005, 01:10 PM
PACKERSFAN1

oops sorry, thanks anyway
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46 PM
jbgamer

I purchased a XTM Mammoth and what a nightmare it was. First of all i must say the truck is BIG, and it does seem to have some quality to it overall however durning the 4th tank the throttle/brake servo went bad. This was the first day of breaking it in. I went back to the store of purchase and they said the servo went bad and gave me a new one which they also installed for me. Not bad so far.... I was able to run 2 more tanks and then put the truck away for the night. The next morning I went to start it and the puu-start was slipping so much the truck could not be started. This is a somewhat normal break-in issue. I now had to remove the motor from the truck to remove the pull start assembly and clean the bearing. One I finally finshed this I put the pull-starter back on the trcuk and the installed the motor. Right away the pull-start was still slipping but it eventually worked... Half-way through the 5th tank the truck stalled and I went over to start it again and the pull-start was complety stuck. I returned to the store and after the employee check my car out he noticed that the engines gear actuall tore right throught the side of my motor. They claimed they have never seen anything like it. I have several Nitro powered cars/trucks and I have never experienced such a piece of junk. At this point I waited at the store for a half an hour to see what they would do about this. Keep in mind this was 3 days after buying the Mammoth ST. At this point I wanted store credit or at least a brand new Mammoth ST. They denied me both optioins and said they would give me a new motor. Now my 3 day old Mammoth ST has needed a brand new throttle/brake servo and even worse a whole new motor. so after waiting 2 hours for the store employee to do minor assembe to the new motor. Once the store employee finshed the mtor assemble he hands me the motor insisting I mount the mnotor back to the truck. I know this is not the hardest task for me but its the point $350.00 and the hassles I went through, the least they could do is fully fix and test my truck for me before giving it to me. Having said all that I will never purchase another XTM product again. And I would stay away fromt he Mammoth ST. Go for the Monster GT or Savage.

The Mammoth ST is CRAPOLA.....
Old 08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
jbgamer

I purchased a XTM Mammoth and what a nightmare it was. First of all i must say the truck is BIG, and it does seem to have some quality to it overall however durning the 4th tank the throttle/brake servo went bad. This was the first day of breaking it in. I went back to the store of purchase and they said the servo went bad and gave me a new one which they also installed for me. Not bad so far.... I was able to run 2 more tanks and then put the truck away for the night. The next morning I went to start it and the puu-start was slipping so much the truck could not be started. This is a somewhat normal break-in issue. I now had to remove the motor from the truck to remove the pull start assembly and clean the bearing. One I finally finshed this I put the pull-starter back on the trcuk and the installed the motor. Right away the pull-start was still slipping but it eventually worked... Half-way through the 5th tank the truck stalled and I went over to start it again and the pull-start was complety stuck. I returned to the store and after the employee check my car out he noticed that the engines gear actuall tore right throught the side of my motor. They claimed they have never seen anything like it. I have several Nitro powered cars/trucks and I have never experienced such a piece of junk. At this point I waited at the store for a half an hour to see what they would do about this. Keep in mind this was 3 days after buying the Mammoth ST. At this point I wanted store credit or at least a brand new Mammoth ST. They denied me both optioins and said they would give me a new motor. Now my 3 day old Mammoth ST has needed a brand new throttle/brake servo and even worse a whole new motor. so after waiting 2 hours for the store employee to do minor assembe to the new motor. Once the store employee finshed the mtor assemble he hands me the motor insisting I mount the mnotor back to the truck. I know this is not the hardest task for me but its the point $350.00 and the hassles I went through, the least they could do is fully fix and test my truck for me before giving it to me. Having said all that I will never purchase another XTM product again. And I would stay away fromt he Mammoth ST. Go for the Monster GT or Savage.

The Mammoth ST is CRAPOLA.....

Oh and by the way I own a Revo and its my favorite overall Truck...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:02 PM
NBCTANK

I Recently purchased a XTM Mammoth from a scratch and dent warehouse sale. I didn't really look at the truck before paying but noticed the pull start was stuck so i'm thinking the engine is seized. They said the truck was a return. I grabbed an extra engine and bought the truck anyway. Pulled the truck out at home and discovered it looked like the previous owner ran into a wall at full speed. the front was bent back enough to bend the drive shaft to look like a bow and arrow. steering servo gears were also crunched. The engine turned out to be just hydro locked, removing the glow plug and spinning crank fixed it. Replaced the bent and broken parts. fueled up, and engine started with a few cranks, no carb adjustments. Just speeding up and down the driveway was impressive, even impressed the Savage 25 guys here in my apartment. After inspecting and correcting all the damage from the previous owner, this truck has proving itself and I would say the speed may be faster than my RS4 but that will be challenged in a side by side one day. As for that hobby shop they should have been more customer service supportive.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:16 PM
broadie

hey guys im a hot bodys guy but i recently purchased aa mammoth st and it is soooo bad i absolutly love it i pulled it out of the box and it started right up it is completly stock and it is one good racer i race revolation all the time and it is one good truck for the price it is un believable i drive it more thn my hotbodies lol it is great it is a good boooooooooom for ur buck
Old 01-22-2006, 11:13 AM
tastyacorn

i was lookin around at the hobby store, cruising for a new car, and i happened to stumble upon this honkin box.(my team certified was being repaired at the time) and i said hey, im gonan try this gas car stuff, it could be fun........holy cow fellas, best car ive had yet runs smooth and flys like an eagle. the only problem is the started gets stucka bit but thats only during the break in period. I strongly reccomend this car for any new/intermediate racer. it even blew the top off my buddies savage 25. its size screams, BUY ME!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:50 AM
turner0070
My Feedback: (22)

i just got my mammoth st and put in a mach 26 even thow with the 24.7 it is fast as hell ,and now with the mach its so realiable sick fast reminds me of a real street car the way it spins the tires goes side ways ,as far as i can see its a fast fun durable truck its a blast
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
hamburger44

Buy a lst 2!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
redrider19

hey guys i got a mammoth and it halls. but it definatly has its weeknesses. for example the steering, when you are going above 20 mph it turns very slow on asfault however on the dirt it does better. i have always had problems with all my 24.7 engines weather it be the pull starter or crappy performance so i replaced it with an os .21 and it works just as good with no hastle what so ever, non at all!! i have had a savage, 2 revos and x-cellerator all of which are great cars and if i had to pick an overall best truck it would be the revo if you get rid of the e-z start system. i have beaten it and bashed it to no end and have only had to replace a one way bearing. the mammoth would however beat the revo in a race due to it good handling on the track and freaken amazing top speed.

hey JBGAMER dont give up on all xtm's the x-cellerator is freaking awsome right out of the box i have had mine for 8 months and only broke a swing arm(i tried to back flip it) never had to replace anything not even a glow plug!!

revo =basher

mammoth ST=BEST RACER

GO WIDE OPEN UNTILL YOU RUN OUT OF ABILITY
Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
racerj3

I have a mammoth st as well, and right nows its my favorite of any nitro I own. The only problem I had was that the stock XTM 24.7 started better with a pull start that had a weak spring than it did with the roto start. So I just decided to through in my spare Team Orion Wasp .28, which after seing it run is probably what I should have done in the first place, it was one those win-win situations the wasp is better than the XTM in EVERY aspect you can think of.