Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN CT4

Old 12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Dohcser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN CT4

I have a CT4 that I used leisurely, I have not used it in about 1 year due to an issue with the "drivetrain". I had it stored properly and the engine still starts, however when I try to drive the vehicle it will do maybe 5mph tops. I checked the clutch and 2-speed trans and to me (armature) it looks ok, however I ran it yesterday for less than a minute and noticed that the area where the 2-speed clutch is located was smoking a little.
I had adjusted this clutch per the specs of 4 turns out from all the way in......

Think someone can assist with what else might be causing the issue?
Also where can I find CT4 parts such as clutches, any reputable stores you are aware of?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 AM
smokeymaronejpfxb8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN CT4

Hey bud, have u still got the ct4 ? the prob in clutch is they're **** quality, or a stone has wedged under the mid pully. i spent a fortune on parts, 4 clutches doz belts / pulleys , it's a dud dude. Get a Mugen/Kyosho etc 2nd hand from a racer updateing. I wish i had done that in the begining. The ct4 was a dud man , fast coz of tall gearing, but not competitive till lower gear set & an o.s.12 tr was fitted then it just kept destroying belts /pulleys & the steering must be updated to a decent servo saver ( original is a disgace) , i wasted over a grand plus just trying to have a day of no probs with that car. DUD DUD DUD ! Maybe i got a lemon but stick to what the track guys race, ie- a belt for the cen is over $40 , top of the line mugen mtx-4 1/2 the price. All cen parts are 90% overpriced !
There man, 2yrs too late but i hope u learned all that back then. I hate cen ct4-s ( especially when the company calleme a lier over the complaints, & wouldn't refund or help with repairs at all. In fact their pro /expert machined the engine mount so the mid pulley wouldn't grind away on it & when i recieved it back the carb & engine were full of shrapnel from the grinder. That was the big man driver for cen, Never again, at first they said they would replace the car &
spares, but because the reciepts had faded a little they wouldn't accept them so no honour there. BAD KARMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TONY.