Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Cen Magnum NX - metal spur gears, is it worth it?

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cen Magnum NX - metal spur gears, is it worth it?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 AM
MDN91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Magnum NX - metal spur gears, is it worth it?

Hi!
A few weeks ago Ibought a Cen Magnum NXfrom a friend - ran it twice, then the spur gears died. Since Iread on these forums that the stock red plastic spur gears wore down quickly, I am considering buying the metal ones - but I am wondering, if it is worth it?I live en Denmark and will buy them from Germany, where they cost roughly as much asIgave for the truck.I've searched, but couldn't really find anything, about the metal gears durability?I also read somewhere, that ifyou change to the metal gears, (i think it was putted something like "Then the next weak link in the drivetrain break"- which is this, and does anyone know this for sure?
I think it's are shame if the drivetrain is so weak as Iread, 'cause I think the truck runs great.

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,
Morten D.Nielsen, Denmark

Old 05-29-2011, 11:23 AM
mbryn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Magnum NX - metal spur gears, is it worth it?

hi the metal spur gears are good but i wood also get hardend clutch bell cogs to i had them on a magnum much better than the plastic ones