Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

High altitude tune-age?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM
bigbarraza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High altitude tune-age?

Hello, I have had nitro cars off and on most of my life but always at sea level and never really messed with my idle much other than just a slight increase/decrease. I moved up to 6000ft+ and my car will not stay at idle, it will run if I keep reving it. I have a CEN CTR 5.0 with 2 low speed settings on the slide carb. I know that the one is for the fuel and the other one is for the size of the carb opening. What I don't know is what direction to turn the screw and what screw I should turn first. My CEN car came with a nice book on the car nothing on this 5.0cc .30ci REV line engine.Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I know how hard it can be to get one to idle again after blindly turning screws.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM
CEN USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: High altitude tune-age?

Hey Big,

First, you can download the CEN Nitro Handbook which has all the info you will need for your engine, including the factory settings of your needles and how to tune your engine for any climate. For your convenience I have included the link so you can download the Handbook.

http://www.cenracing.com/downloads/nitrohandbook.pdf

Second, for your situation, you will need to adjust your idle circuit fuel mixture(the one for the fuel) first. And you will most likely need to adjust it for less fuel as it seems you are at a higher elevation with thinner air. And just keep in mind the old phrase "Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" Tunring the screw or Needle right for less fuel, tighty, and lefty for more fuel, loosey. Be very careful not make your adjustments too much, only an 1/8th of a turn at a time. Otherwise you could miss the "sweet spot".

Good luck, I hope this has helped some, but if you need further help, feel free to give me a call using the telephone numbers provide below in my signature. I will be happy to help!