Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST-E battery specs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:44 AM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GST-E battery specs

I just saw there is a turn key version of the GST electric conversion kit. I can't find any battery specs or brand name for the motor/esc that comes with the turn key version. Does anybody know what it comes with?
Old 06-29-2013, 05:59 AM
CEN USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GST-E battery specs

No batteries come with the kits or RTR trucks. But the 80amp ESC has a 4s limit and its pre-wired for 2- 2s batts. At $320, the turn key kit is a great value considering all of the hardware that comes with the 80amp ESC and 2000kv motor and both come with cooling fans!! 

I actually converted my Nemesis with this kit and I have to say, it's a scream!! Plenty of power!! In fact, I might say scary fast!!

I used 2 Gravity Brand 2s 65c 5000mAh for lots of discharge power and plenty of run time!

I hope this has helped some. If you need further assistance or have any questions about ordering, please feel free to ask or call the numbers in my signature. I am happy to help anytime!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM
CEN USA

VDub,I am so sorry I missed your post!! Not sure how it happened but did! anyway. the specs on the OEM electrics, the ESC is a HobbyWing RTR 80amp 4s max and the motor is again HobbyWing 4Pole P4047 2000Kv Un-sensored Brushless Motor. Being an 80amp RTR esc I recommend limiting your battery choices to 2x 2S 60c discharge, anything more will be too much. However with that battery combination and anything more than 5000mAh capacity, you should see aprox 30mins of runtime and all the power you could ever ask for!! With plenty of traction you could easily do standing back flips and wheelies on demand!! No need for any more power than that!! Hope this helps, but if you have more questions, please feel free to give me a call using the contact info provided below in my signature!
Originally Posted by VDub99AML
I just saw there is a turn key version of the GST electric conversion kit. I can't find any battery specs or brand name for the motor/esc that comes with the turn key version. Does anybody know what it comes with?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Bikerboy1967

Hi Guys, sorry to ask silly questions, I am about to buy the electric conversion kit but am not sure about the batteries.
Would you connect 2 x 4s in parallel ? or should I stick to 2 x 2s.
Thanx any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:10 AM
savage dust bunny

There isn't really any space for 2x4S. You can go for 2x2S or 2x3S, both in series or 1x4S or 1x6S. Of course it also depends on the motor/esc combo you're using.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Bikerboy1967

Great, thanx. Think I will go with 2 x 3s in series, the esc can take 6s, 150amp