Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Converting Nitro Buggy to Electric?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Converting Nitro Buggy to Electric?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 04:10 PM
adrian7768

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting Nitro Buggy to Electric?

Hello Everyone, I currently have a 1/10 CEN Fun Factor ATX. Yes it is very old and discontinued but mine has only been used a couple times and is in immaculate condition. I was considering changing it to electric, but I want to know well firstly if my buggy is capable of doing so and any recommendations on good motors, pinion gears and etc. It is currently using a .16 engine so any ideas what electric motor to choose? (I included a picture of the buggy)

Thanks Alot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StadiumTruck2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2140936  
Old 01-17-2016, 06:31 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Adrian, nice buggy. To convert it to electric is possible but it would require you to be creative, adapt parts, make parts and probably drill a few holes here and there.
If you are determined to do it, you would probably be best to look at using parts from a 1.8th scale electric buggy and adapting the parts to fit. I could not give you any ideas on parts to use as you will probably be the first to do it! I doubt it will be cheap though, 550 motors are pretty costly as are the speedos and batteries. Good luck if you do go for it.