Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?

Old 12-13-2004, 08:23 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?

CENRACING:

hi, i cant be the first person to have noticed how the single speed spur fits the standard diff, and it looks as if the whole assembly might fit where the 2 speed is. no, i havent decided where the displaced brake is going to go, unless it can go the other side of the seat with an appropriate hub fitted.

have u seen this done before?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88287.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	202586   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43630.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	202587  
Old 12-21-2004, 12:37 PM
poor judgement

Default RE: FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?

bump!
Old 12-21-2004, 01:15 PM
CEN Racing

Poor Judgement,

That is a very good observation. No, noone have installed or attempted to install a center differential. To our knowledge. We have had no plans on installing center diff to our current FF vehicles. However, future projects of this vehicle include the idea of pursuing a center diff.

Thanks for your comments.

CEN RACING
Old 12-23-2004, 04:01 AM
poor judgement

it all seems to fit in there, its very close mind you, only a milimeter clearance between spur and tank, flywheel and diff etc, but its in... just gotta swap the remaining parts over from my rally to see if it will work ok.

i cant believe no-one has done this before... its very easily done.

Name:	Hf98238.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	205987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65653.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	205988  
Old 12-27-2004, 06:03 PM
CEN Racing

Good work Poor Judgment!

CEN RACING
Old 01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
poor judgement

Photo update... shafts and mt suspension arms will be on soon, they are the rally fronts shown on the pics, as are the shocks.

any thoughts as to whether i should go for 18 buggy front shocks all round, or tmaxx shocks all round.... or go mad and put atx shock towers on with some longer shocks?

its kind of a truggy setup i guess... what shocks do they use, and on long or short towers?

Name:	Om32956.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	215989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21124.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	215990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74363.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	215991  
Old 01-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I reckon it has got to be the buggy shocks, they will probably take punishment better than any other type. I notice that you are laying down the steering servo, I have just taken delivery of the JT Racing chassis and notice that it is drilled for this configuration. What do you use to secure the servo to the chassis?
Old 01-16-2005, 03:15 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

steering servo is the rc10gt mounts
Old 01-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Scouser

rolland, thanks for that, I will get on the case and fit them asap. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:46 PM
poor judgement

yea, i see the logic in buggy shocks, but i dont want it to cost me an arm and a leg... ofna ultra lx shocks are cheap enough, are they any good?

i have been advised to use front buggy shocks all round, would u guys agree?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Scouser

I know what you mean about the cost. I looked into getting Mugen shocks for the FF and nearly fainted when I found out the price. I am going to put a second car together and I reckon I will bite the bullet and get them for that one though. Just got to have that quality you know.[8D]
Old 01-17-2005, 01:04 PM
poor judgement

scouser: are u going for a full set of 1/8 front shocks, or 1/8 fronts and rears, or 4 1/8 rear shocks?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Scouser

Just the fronts I think. Any fine tuning I will then take care of via oil weights and spring settings. The rear buggy shocks tend to be around 125mm which is a little long for the FF. At the moment I have the aluminium Cen upgrades and they seem to work well but the next set will definitely be 4 front buggy shocks. Just for peace of mind as much as anything else.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
rolland

I am using Traxxas Stampede aluminum big bore shocks (Part #2660) all the way around on mine. They go for about 20.00-30.00 dollars a pair and just about every hobby store has them or has parts for them.
I believe that a few people on wildhobbies are using Integy shocks for the T-Maxx all the way around.
I have used 1/8 scale front buggy shocks and the shafts were to short so rears might be better.

rolland
Old 01-17-2005, 03:29 PM
poor judgement

thanks for that rolland - do u have any clearance problems around those shocks - in particular where they pass thru the suspension arm?

hmmm im still a bit confused as to whether 1/8 fronts or rears will be best - cant i "lose" some of the extra length of the 1/8 rears in the "droop" of the suspension?

i might just get 2 complete sets of 1/8 shocks and then sell whatever i dont use.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:05 PM
rolland

No clearance problems but I have a MT2 and not a rally. I had to make spacers for the top of the shock where it bolts to the tower. The Taxxas shocks come in long, X-long, and XX-long.
The 1/8 shocks that I used were for the Power Racing buggy and the body of the shock was to long or the shaft to short (depends on how you look at it) and it didn't allow full droop or compression.
You should take measurements and the old shocks to the hobby store and match up the measurements to some of the shocks that they have in stock to get an idea of what to order and what will fit.

rolland
Old 01-17-2005, 06:48 PM
poor judgement

thanks again.

i see what u mean about the longer shocks. hmmm front 1/8 shocks is probably going to be my choice then. out of interest what length are urs rolland?

oh if only there was a lhs here that stocked more than just rtr touring cars.... then i could actually get to look at stuff before i bought it - man what a revelation that would be! lol

oh btw - i wont be fitting these shocks to the rally arms...

...unless they suit the rally setup too....i might even get some more use outta that escudo then....

oh i nearly forgot.... how about using atx towers and 1/8 rear shocks - would it be worth the hassle do u think, just for a bit more suspension travel?
Old 01-19-2005, 11:57 PM
rolland

I won't be able to take my shocks off and measure them till this weekend and I need to find a different way to measure them because my calipers max out at 100 mm's.

Auto2 was using Mugen 1/8 scale buggy front shock on his MT2 before he sold it so you might want to contact him for more info and mecky33 is using Integy t-maxx shocks but I believe that he is unavailable (in the military).

I believe that the ATX towers are the same as the MT2 with the center cut out for the buggy body.

If 1/8 scale front shocks work and Stampede shocks work 1/8 scale rear shocks should work.

rolland
Old 01-20-2005, 07:26 AM
poor judgement

rolland: i have spoken to auto2 a fair bit, thats who got me onto the buggy shocks. personally im not prepared to pay for the integys or the mugens, cos i only bash about.

i won 2 pairs of front buggy shocks on e bay, from a US seller, they are from a ofna ultra lx, lets hope they work ok... if not i should get my money back for them here in the uk, and i can start over... i wanted to try the rears really, but have been put off by other comments about them on here - aaarrrggg!!!

atx towers - yea i took a closer look, and i think ur right, oh well, twas just a thought!

now if the other e bay seller actually had the cen parts that he claimed to have, i would be pretty much sorted now... tut

as for measuring ur shocks, im not after a really accurate measurement, within a few mm would be fine, should be possible just with a ruler. although as i mainly run on the beach and dont jump the truck very much i should be ok with the buggy fronts - i hope so!!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Scouser

Buggy shocks should be the business. Afterall they were designed to take the racing/bashing punishment dished out by a larger and heavier vehicle. If you get chance, post some pics when they are set up, looking forward to seeing how it looks.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:22 AM
rolland

I haven't measured them but looked at quite a few 1/8 scale buggy shocks today and they should work fine on your truck as well as your rally.
If you find out that you need more suspension travel you will at least have a base line for the length that you need and a good set of shocks for the rally.
Rear buggy shocks look like they are going to be to long for the stock towers. They might work with the JT towers because of the multiple adjustments on them.
I have used the buggy front shocks and really liked them but unfortunately they just didn't work for the way I drive my truck.
I jump alot when I bash and only race on a dirt oval so I am more worried about compression and rebound than overall travel.

rolland
Old 01-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Scouser

Poor judgement, what will you be using as driveshafts when the centre diff mod is ready to run? It looks like you may have to custom fit some.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:41 PM
poor judgement

ive made some mods to the single speed driveshaft, and ive cut down the long centre shaft, just need to drill it to take another pin. ill post some pics of them when its in bits again if u like.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Scouser

Definitely post the pics, looking at your chassis it seems heavily modified, good work mate. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:57 AM
poor judgement

just thought i would ressurect this as im back on with it, all be it as a backburner... not in any hurry.

just got a complete front diff incl casing on its way, also have the heavy duty diff gears for the rear, which also needs a diff..., thought one was in the casing... doh.

i do have some reservations re the standard cen diff that i have in the centre, not sure what it will make of the 18, but we will see i guess. its just to keep me from gettin into trouble... i have my bashing truck pretty much sorted now... cmon rolland - give up ur driveshaft secrets!

anyway, u can expect the usual pics spamming etc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.