Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

two cen mt2 questions?

Old 02-23-2005, 07:03 PM
stall70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two cen mt2 questions?

#1 whats the benefit of the bevel gears upgrade 13t and43t over the stock diff gearing? #2 ive read that there is a problem with the aftermarket nt16 cooling head that i happen to have on my truck, and that its better running the stock head? can someone please explain in some detail what is the problem/problems associated with the colling head. thanks for any reply in advance !!! ps. mt2 is my favorite over my other vehicles
Old 02-23-2005, 09:00 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: two cen mt2 questions?

I dont know about the bevel gear change but I will tell you don't bother with the colling head exchange.... I had alot of trouble getting the engine up to operating temps because the head was too big... Had to cover it to tune and had trouble keeping tune... I went back to stock head and have had no problems.... I'll sell you my old one... looks great in my pit bag... not on the engine....
Old 02-24-2005, 11:29 AM
tavdebo

go to page to 2 and click on BEVEL GEAR post 4th from bottom and you will get your answer
Old 02-24-2005, 11:45 AM
sschuler

cenracer, how much would you sell that head for?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:32 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't decided yet if i'm selling i because I want to do the .18 conversion and I think it will work for that.... If you are sticking with the .16 engine... keep the original... you live in nebraska which is probably coolerf than nj....
Old 02-25-2005, 11:00 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done the .18 conversion and have no problems with the stock cooling head, my highest recorded temp was 286 on a 80+ degree day.
However, the head might be necessary if you run your truck flat out all of the time.