Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

titanium turnbuckles

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:45 AM
tavdebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default titanium turnbuckles

has anybody done the titanium turnbuckle and heavy duty rod end upgrades on www.rcnitro.com pushing the mt2s performance article i ask because i have just had the titanium parts 17/8 and 21/8 they are fine however the rod ends neon yellow #73397 from rpm products fit the the turnbuckles but are far to small to fit the ball studs,anyone got any answers thanks
Old 02-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: titanium turnbuckles

I have the titaniun turnbuckles and have fitted Losi extra long rod ends to them. I found that standard size ends dont leave much of the turnbuckle attatched. The Losi ones came with ball sockets included so there was no problem with fitting.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:03 PM
tavdebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheers scouser
Old 02-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Scouser

Just as an add on here. The Losi ends are ball socket only, ie they can pop off. I didn't much fancy trying to find a titanium turnbuckle in a field should it come loose. To avoid this I fitted the ball socket to the bulkhead and fitted standard fastrax ballends to the hubs. That way if the ball socket should pop off it would still be screwed to the car at the wheel. Hope that all made sense[&:]
Old 02-25-2005, 01:29 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scouser... did the exact same thing after spending over an hour looking for the titanium turnbuckle that ejected itself after a barrel roll... they don't fall off anymore and I don't worry about them either....
Old 02-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Scouser

Of course it only dawned on me this might be a problem after I had put everything back together!! Still better late than never.