Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

super strong rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 05:54 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default super strong rear

I finally figured out a way to make the rear brake seat and gears solid without spending a fortune or having to machine anything... I used a two traxxas rustler steering arms and traxxas revo ball ends.... what I did was cut each arm down to length and spin the ball ends onto each... connect one side to the throttle servo mount and the other end to the brake seat plate... use the adjustment nut to set the tension... I haven't torture tested it yet, but I will this weekend... I tried to wiggle back and forth and it is rock solid.... Will post pics after I'm sure it works.... Total cost..............$4.00 dollars... total time.... 30 minutes...... Best of all... looks stock!!!!!!!
can substitute threaded rod for tie rods but I liked the look and the adjusting nut.....
Old 03-21-2005, 06:31 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: super strong rear

nice one cenracer, it doesnt take a lot too stregthen that part of the car up, but that is just where it needs it. i used some alloy servo mounts and rod ends to help the brake seat etc - bolt em in where ever u can get em to fix!

Old 03-21-2005, 06:42 PM
cenracer1

I will most likely replace the plastic servo mounts with aluminum in the near future.... I still have the plastic brake seat because I have not had problems with it... besides its expensive to replace and this fix eliminates the need to do so...
Old 03-22-2005, 02:54 PM
madmark

very smartly done, best of all its cheap ,let me know how it works in test
Old 03-25-2005, 07:38 PM
cenracer1

beat the piss out of the truck thursday and early this morning... specifically landing jumps tail first today to see what would happen.... the spur gears were fine... no unusual wear at all... didn't have to bend the chassis back into place either... very happy with outcome.. can't wait for the r/c track to dry to give it a good thrashing.... It snowed 6 inches wed night and everything is soft... going to run again Easter sunday at the in-laws house.. will set up a few good jumps.... I'm confident it will stay together... As soon as I find my download cable for my dig camera I will post pics of the mods.......
Old 03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
cenracer1

well , here is the mod that I promised as well as a picture of the mt2 and another of my trucks.. A usa-1 nitro crusher... also, a funny picture of a nitro snowball
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47353.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	250285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39810.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	250286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78319.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	250287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98155.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	250288  
Old 03-28-2005, 12:34 PM
I_LUV_SMARTECH......

is that snowball for real?
How does that happen.. isn't it bad for your diff? Wouldnt you drive around in circles, does it have a higher top speed... so many questions...
Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 PM
cenracer1

if you look closely at the picture you can see that the left side of the truck is not touching... the right side had the same thing but it fell off... I was going around 20 mph when the snowball started, but the truck quickly stopped..... I didn't run it long enough to do any harm to the truck... just funny though..