Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

I will never learn

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 04:55 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I will never learn

Well, decided to show my friend that no mater how much money you spend, the mt2 will be as fast.... He just finished breaking in his new motor... Some high dollar .21 wasp... 2.9 hp for his t-maxx... he was showing me how well it does wheelies when I told him it didn't look so fast.. so off I go with the mt2... we weren't racing at that point.... we were screaming down the parking lot towards the end.. too close to tell who won... turned around and gunned it back... I pulled the inside tire off the ground.. (closest to wheelie with stock motor)... he pulled legit wheelie then heard cracking sound... He was laughing saying I broke the cen... I said the noise was him... when we got back to the trucks.. he broke his new clutch bell and broke a few teeth of his titanium spur gear... I was laughing at him and decided to do a victory lap... It was already pitch black at this point... I took off full speed across the lot... I must have hit something in the road, because I heard the crack then saw sparks from the chassis against the tar.... when I got to my truck, it was lying upside down, cracked gas tank, scratched head, missing left rear tire and broken left rear hub.... (must have cartwheeled when it hit the object)... I finally found the tire this morning when I went out to look for it... the axle snapped off by the hex and pin...
Sorry Poor Judgement... the front axles were fine... Also, the mod to the rear worked great... no chassis bending at all... Oh Well... The rematch is sunday... Honestly... the maxx is probably faster, but I don't have several thousand dollars in my MT2....
Old 04-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I will never learn

Right there with you on this one. Was going to take the CEN to a local field to let it stretch its legs with some nice WOT action but thought I would start it up in the back garden first to make sure the brake mod I had just finished, was working. It wasn't. Straight into the end wall, broken shock mount and broken diff cup. [:@]
Old 04-09-2005, 04:02 AM
MarkJeepn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cenracer1 can you send me a link to tha rear end mod My chassis is shot but now i don't want to bend the new one.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:58 AM
cenracer1

just bend it back in place and do this... works very well....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfi...38/Sq47353.jpg
Old 04-09-2005, 07:03 AM
cenracer1

forgot to tell you... use traxxas rustler tie rods cut down to size and traxxas ball ends.. I used these mostly because I had them and they are readily available and cheap....You can use threaded rod also, but harder to adjust.... make sure you put tension on the rods.... basically, set the angle to level and that will hold it in place...