Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Glow Plug Question for the Genisis

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Glow Plug Question for the Genisis

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plug Question for the Genisis

Cen, I see where you recomend a hot plug like an OS 8 for the Genisis. I was wondering if you have tried running an OS F plug. Its the same lenth, but its a little hotter four stroke plug. I have the top end, and bottom end turned exactly where I want it, but it has a little hesitation in the mid range. I have ran a gallon thru it and the stock glug plug the came in it is still good, but I think it just needs a hotter plug, and I have an few F plugs on hand. What is your opinion Cen? Thanks Oh by the way. Its a 3rd gen Gen, and has been running great right out of the box. One of the only petty complaints I have with it, is why do you not give the buyer one extra air filter element when you buy the truck. I allways like to have an extra on hand, if I am running in dirty conditions, and it needs changed before I am done running, or when I am finished for the day, I can wash one and let it set to dry really good, and have another one on hand to put back in the truck.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
CrashBurn69

Default RE: Glow Plug Question for the Genisis

I tried using that plug this afternoon. What I found was this. If you are going to race it, and get a couple of money pots or dont mind replacing an engine after every gallon to gallon and a half, use it. The perfermance difference was night and day. It really made the truck scream, but I did have to do some retunning. The biggest downside is the motor temp. It took about a 50 degree increase. That was with retunning. Granted if I was running on asphalt or a hard pack surface, I would probably not had such a big temp spike, but I run on grass. I would not use this plug if I was just out bashing, but if I was going to compete in a big race, then I would use it.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:44 AM
jockbarrow

hi. i hope you can help i have had my Genesis now for about 4 months and every time i take it out it eats a glow plug. It has killed one at factory settings and tuned leaner and richer than factory settings, the last one i had in was an O DONNELL GLOW PLUG .21-.50 MONSTER TRUCK. My brother in-law has also got a genesis and his has fried more than mine. We are both using O DONNELL fuel. i have ran 20% and 25%.

What glow plugs and fuel are you using if you don't mind sharing some secrets.

cheers
Old 05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Hands

Jockborrow, It sounds like you may be running your truck out of fuel while running. That is one way to kill a plug very quickly. Just as mentioned before I do run the OS 8 plug with good success but I do not run the truck out of fuel. When I get low I either refill it or just let it run out at an idle.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:03 PM
bustergonad

Check your head screws also. I went through 3 plugs within 2 tanks until I found my head screws were a little loose causing an air leak.
I wish this motor could run at 400 degrees all the time because it's a monster running that lean

Buster
Old 05-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Jected

The OS 8 is a hot plug. I have found that the Gen runs heaps better (and saves plugs too) using an enja 5 plug. I was using the OS8 and have only just changed over in the last 2 months and it runs heaps better. The OS 8 is no good in the Gen i believe.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:23 PM
CrashBurn69

Has anyone noticed how much the Cen plug looks like an OS plug? Are they made by the same company and just relabled?