Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

JT Racing MT2

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
azzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JT Racing MT2

Hi all,
I have finished my JT Racing MT2, I am planning to use this machine for racing and keep my other MT2 for bashing. In saying that I am still waiting on some parts but for now I raided the front and rear diffs of the basher. (Which is now getting a rebuild...stay tuned).

The truck consists of:
JT Racing Chassis
OS 18 CVRX
Cen Aluminium shocks
SP1/GX1 Brake Disk
Aluminium Brake Seat
HPI 100cc Racing Fuel Tank
Cen Aluminium Tuned Pipe
Venom Smart Temp Fail Safe
JR Radio Gear with ES 579 High Torque Steering Servo
Tamiya Rims (nice offset)
Academy Wild Track Tyres

Custom Chassis Brace
Custom Lowered Cen MT2 Body

I Have put 10 Tanks through the OS 18 and all I can say is WHOLLY COW [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] this engine rocks man. Slowly leaned it out after running five tanks through on rich setting. Each tank it got better and better. On the 10th tank I have basically reached as lean as any sane man would want to go, but still could lean it more!!!. Most of my running so far was on a tar seal carpark, and a bit on a metal driveway and a bit on the grass.
This thing is fast...even though the gearing is lower with these tyres (106mm diameter) its way quicker than stock (cant wait to radar it)...and the punch off the line is magic...I cant believe the insane donuts this thing pulls, its like drivin a damn 2 wheel drive compared to the stock motor. WOW im buzzin! Temps are sitting round the 220 to 240 F
And with the body set up this way I can refil and start wit it left on.

Heres some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41759.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	282918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80239.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	282919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va70919.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	282920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23323.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	282921  
Old 06-09-2005, 11:56 PM
azzman

Default RE: JT Racing MT2

heres some more pics

Name:	Ki18587.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	282922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56007.jpg
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	282923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37718.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	282924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic83982.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	282925  
Old 06-10-2005, 01:26 AM
poor judgement

nice mate! very clean and tidy. what that needs is a dam good thrashing! i bet u cant break it...!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks brilliant mate, well tasty. You may want to think about raising the rear of the body a touch, looks like those JT shock towers are making a break for freedom! Sweet truck though, let us know how you get on with your racing.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
poor judgement

forgot to ask - any probs with the front upper wishbones hitting the shell?

i had to cut a fair bit off mine to get it as low as i wanted to.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:39 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sound like mine... same thing, by the 10th tank all hell broke loose and it wasn't even leaned out... I not sure I ever floored the thing yet... I keep running out of ground first...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
azzman

Scouser, those mounds you see on the rear tray are the work of my heat gun...another mod I forgot to mention.

PJ, trimmed the wheelarches ever so slightly so that the arms clear...just! With the speed this thing goes it would be so easy to break, but thats what the basher MT2 is for!!

Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:36 AM
azzman

ORIGINAL: poor judgement

nice mate! very clean and tidy. what that needs is a dam good thrashing! i bet u cant break it...!
Hey PJ, guess what....I broke it...[]...was running it at a new place and hit a semi hidden in the grass concrete wall, about 4 inches high...went from about 30 ks an hour to 0 in a split second! The energy transfer smashed my steering servo (just wish the stock CEN one was in there!!), bent the front of the chassis slightly and broke the steering mount on the wheel hub, was surprised it didnt fold in half, but that JT Chassis is strong. Was gutted, should have checked the area out better.
Chucked a CEN servo at it, straightened the chassis, and all was sweet again...time to be more carefull...
Before the smash was hooning it around a banked cycle track...was an impressive sight.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:37 AM
poor judgement

i was kidding man! dont try to kill it! lol.

yea that jt jobby is so much harder than standard. ah well at least u got the crash testing out of the way! just be careful man, thats a nice lil truck u have there.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Hands

WOW!!!! what a story. I am suprised at the how strong the Fun Factor line can be... hitting a stone wall at that speed would destroy most cars/trucks. They are built strong thats for sure....
Old 06-16-2005, 06:28 PM
poor judgement

that truck isnt using the standard chassis. its the jt racing one on there, very nice it is too
Old 07-18-2005, 06:14 PM
mulletman

man thats an awsome truck! Don 't kill it though i'd die for a truck like that! And about that refuling with the body on you could see if a hole in the side of the body would help to reach the tank with the fuel bottle, but on the starting with the body on i think thats imposible without electric start. I just a couple questions. How fast will that truck go? How much more power does that engine have? What wheels do you have on the truck? ( because i like them)
Old 07-19-2005, 03:54 AM
azzman

Hey Mulletman, take my word for it I can refuel this truck and start it no worries with the body on.
I have a cable tie inserted through fuel tubing which pokes out the hole and sits on top of the head, so I can open the tank, (visible in the photos above), and just poke the filler bottle spout through the hole in the windscreen.
To start it, firstly I purchased a longer twist grip glow starter from Tower Hobbies, and I (see photo) extended the pull starter so I can grab it through the cutout RH window - Bobs your uncle! Through the window you can also turn the receiver on and off.

UPDATE:
Since then I have purchased some Imex Swamp Dawg tyres and have found these to be really good. Diameter 120mm so about midway between standard and the tyres I had previously. These have proved better for bashing because of the larger diameter but are much lighter than stock so longevity of drivetrain parts should be better.

I have also put the stock shock towers back on which allows me to have the body even lower. To slightly lower the ride height (improve drivetrain longevity) I moved the lower shock mounting further out on the lower wishbone, this also reduces the amount the wishbone flexes, which in turn helps the cvd's and dogbones from snapping when they hit on the modified (and strong!) diffcup.

I also took out the aluminium strengthener between the steering servo and the brake seat, because this led me to smashig the servo on during a hard hit. Instead I put a aluminium rod (see photo) between the two shock towers. This has proved to work really well after a good days bashing (hence all the mud, its winter here in NZ!)

The Rims are some sort of TAMIYA rim, not sure exactly what, but the offset is a little more than standard which allows me to run the skinnier than stock tyres and still have the same width overall.
About the engine, its running really well. Wouldnt have a clue how much power it puts out but even with the stock tyres on it you notice the increase in torque, and the top speed is much greater. Would love to know how fast its going!!! And with the Imex tyres its insane, a guy I just met recently with a TMAXX is really impressed!! (We are yet to face off!!!)
Also I have found the wheelie bar a must have, stock motor or not, but especially with the CVRX. The body, body posts and shock tower take much less of a hammering.

Im also toying with some integgy shocks, have limited their travel with fuel tubing but the springs seem a little soft!

Dont hesitate to ask any more questions dude,
Cheers

Name:	Tr51846.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	298920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46827.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	298921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15524.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	298922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38559.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	298923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw18632.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	298924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc47949.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	298925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rt30972.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	298926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh26842.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	298927  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig73276.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	298928  
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 AM
rcjunky22
My Feedback: (2)

Azzman, i have to hand it to you. You have one of THE nicest MT2's ive seen. Cant wait to make mine just like that. I like the Swamp Dawg tires...the ST tires just didnt look right with that MT body on it...pure sickness though! I love the JT conversion. I noticed you still run the .18 with the .21 conversion..How'd you go about doing that? I wanted to get the conversion, but was skeptic about it when i saw it had a .21 conversion on it...Thanks for your help!
-andy
Old 07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
mulletman

ok, i read it wrong i thought you said you couldn't start it with the body on, sorry. Well i will have to try that to start it with the body on(because i still can't)[:@]. Man it looks like you found a good place to run, all i have to run on is grass and gravel, What were you running in it looks like a blast. Any more upgrades on the way or planed?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:37 AM
poor judgement

glad to see u got it mucky azzman - last time i saw it it was gleaming, and thats just wrong!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:54 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To start the truck with the body on you need to use a Sullivan Tiger Drive. It mounts 90 degrees to the motor. What I did to mine is I drilled a hole big enough in the top of the truck to fit the glow starter and the wand. The Tiger Drive is also alot cheaper than a roto-start backplate.

rolland
Old 07-19-2005, 09:03 PM
azzman

Hey Mullet, found out those wheels I have are Tamiya Wild Dagger, part no. 0445720.
Recently I have been running it at the local BMX track.
As for future mods the only thing I would like to change is gat a decent cvd in there, and have cvd's all round.

Cheers
Old 07-19-2005, 11:26 PM
rolland

Sorry I didn't fully understand what you did to the pull start. Does the pull start mod interfere at all with the throttle/brake linkage? or does it help keep it out of the way?
What tires were you using before you switched to the swamp dogs? They look like claw dogs.
If those Integy's are for a T-Maxx the springs will be to soft. The T-Maxx weighs the same but uses 2 shocks on each wheel. Will the stock MT2 springs fit the Integy's? If so those might be better.

rolland
Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 AM
azzman

The tyres I had on before were Academy Wild Track Tyres. Tho I have a set of Claw Dawgs which I havent used yet, which I put one in the photo for a comparison.
With the pull start I added an extension to the handle (in photo) to it, so that I can easily reach it through the RH window. The pullstart sometimes gets stuck on the topside of the throttle/brake linkage, which is a bummer, cause it means you have to look in and give it a flick around.
The standard springs do fit just but are slightly smaller in diameter so the adjustment thing that winds down on the shock has to be turned over because the flange that keeps the spring from not touching the threads wont fit in the springs, I figure this is not ideal.

Cheers
Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
mulletman

ok thanks for the info, i would like to buy a pair of those wheels now i know what they are.

cheers
Old 07-22-2005, 12:02 AM
rolland

If you do a search in the photo gallery for "mecky33" you will see how he mounted his integy's to his MT2. If you search this forum for the same name there might be some more info on it.

What about the stock black T-Maxx springs? They are 8 or 9 pound springs. They might be to heavy though but you will get an idea where to start.

rolland
Old 08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I would jump on this thread rather than start a new one.
I have a 125cc fuel tank and to fit it snugly would require me to cut one of the 'Y' arms on the top brace of the JT upper chassis part. Just looking for some thoughts as to how much this would weaken the bracing. Does this make sense to anyone?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:04 PM
azzman

dont see it should hurt mate especially if you put in the alloy rod like on my truck.

(my gallery..JT generation 2 naked)
Old 08-01-2005, 06:11 PM
poor judgement

i hear u mate, u mean in front of the normal fuel tank position?

if so then id say avoid hard impacts on the left front corner... it would take a fair bit out of it. maybe u could brace it from elsewhere tho?

have u considered the rear batt box and twin tanks? just a thought. and hey man, is it really using that much juice? what tank u using at the mo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.