Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN Matrix 1/8th scale

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:53 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Matrix 1/8th scale

will there be a conversion kit for the buggy to a truggy?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:32 AM
badSN95

I was gong to ask the same thing TASH.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:21 AM
alaskaN8

ORIGINAL: Cainlord

only solution I see is having the "hole" accessed from the top but using an angle with the starting wand. Will it work, don't know. I should have sent them my pipe as well to see how well it clears.
a wand starter should work. they are advertising them on the cen website. i have a hpi rs4 3 and i have to put the wand in at a funky angle and it works just fine. btw i hope to get a matrix very soon.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Cainlord

Sullivan Products had a tiger drive that you accessed similar to CENs backplate so I went with that.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
peakman

Quote from Andrew Smolnick regarding the Pro Kit.

"Part # for the Matrix Factory Pro Kit is CEG9553.

CEN Racing is now taking pre-order's from any and all dealers. Make
sure to let your local dealer know before they are all spoken for on
the first shipment.

"Sounds" like they are going fast. "
Old 02-10-2006, 09:53 AM
jadda

Bigsquidrc now has a review of the Matrix, so head over there and check it out
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/reviews/cen_matrix.php
Old 02-10-2006, 03:41 PM
**Fulcrum**

Great review from Big Squid.....

Quick question...... the orginal "intruder" body has just about had it, does anyone know which of the Pro Line crowd pleazer bodies will fit???

thanks in advance

Also, just a liitle annoyed with Cen or their distributers here in Australia..... The retail price of the matrix has significantly risen now that the profile of the buggy is much higher..... I recommended to someone to buy one because of the affordibility and when was given the price...from the same LHS, not such the bargain it was. WHY? same buggy!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Cainlord

The Mugen MBX5 Crowd Pleaser 2.0 body I was told would fit, as well as the JConcepts Mugen Body.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:12 AM
tashspop

i got my matrix yesturday in the mail. it was raining, so i didn't get to do much with it, but i'm thinking she'll be a keeper. love it so far. i didn't get a battery holder like some others have reported, but everything else was there.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:43 PM
tashspop

i'm having a few issues with breakin, actually after reading the entire thread i found somebody else had the same issues but didn't get much help here. i'll just ask the question again and try my luck. i'm using the heat cycle method and i got up to temp no problem, but its not running very well unless the glow igniter is attached. it flames out soon after i take it off. i have been leaning out but i'm worried about going too lean for break in. i seen in some of the reviews, they had to lean out some for break in, but my question is how much and if they only leaned out the hsn? i've also changed the plug, but nothing change. i'm really starting to dislike this pull start because of all my troubles, i'm loosing alot of skin on my hand. should i keep trying to lean it out, or just stay with the fight until the engine loosens up alittle and maybe then run better?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:41 AM
tashspop

well, break in is getting better. i had my first run off yesturday also. scared the crap out of me. idk if a battery came loose out of the pack or what, but i stopped for the day after that. it ended up darting across my yard and hitting my neighbors privacy fence at about 30mph+ dead on. i didn't break my car at all. my max would have lost a bulkhead so i'm happy with its toughness.

would the cen genesis safe guard work well for this, or should a spend a little more and get a venom or duratrax fail safe? this will be my first upgrade and i need to get it soon.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 PM
badSN95

I haven't decided on a failsafe yet either. I heard of someone frying their servo from a bad failsafe but I can't remember which make it was.

I would ASSuME that any failsafe would work, but its alot to worry about.

Tha MATRIX can handle almost any hit except for a direct wheel contact with something solid.

I can't help much with the breakin since mine ran off during breakin and broke the connecting rod. I went and bought the .28 I have now and all was well. Breakin is the worst part of these cars. I don't remember the .12's being like this when I was playing with them. But the big blocks are way easier to tune and run once its all broke in.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Cainlord

I am trying to do a throttle return spring setup. That probably is the safest way to go.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
tashspop

i didn't even think to check for a spring, i'll put one on tomorrow. mine is broke in and wow, this thing is great. i ran my first tank through it today after tuning in and i was at 247* when it was at the end of the tank. i noticed that when i pinch the fuel line to kill the engine, it takes over 4 sec. to die, and i tried to lean out the lsn but just 1 hour turn made it not want to idle unless really high, so i put it back.

has anybody upgraded the steering servo on their rtr yet? i have a hitec hs5945mg i was thinking about putting on, but before switching over, i wanted to know if anybody liked having a much faster servo on their car? as far as i can tell, the stocker has plenty of torq, so i'd only see improved steering speed.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
peakman

you guys looking for return springs get the team losi one and use that one.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Cainlord

When you guys do mount up a return spring, please post a pic. I got an idea of where I may put mine but I am not fully sure yet. If someone else has it on already, I would love to see how you did it.

peakman, I think losi has two types of return springs, one being the one on the LST. which one are you referring to?

I heard the stock steering servo works well. I am in the same boat as you as I actually have the same hitec servo I am going to be putting in, probably this weekend. At least get my vehicle all together, going to be way too cold this weekend to even start her up. down in the negatives!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 AM
tashspop

that sucks. i would love to hear what you think about the servo. i think we'll be around the 70's so i'm sure i'll get to play a little.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
badSN95

I just mounted a return spring in mine this morning. I will post pics later after the sun goes down here.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Cainlord

looking forward to your pics!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:39 AM
badSN95

I need to rework my spring. It worked this morning but it didn't work tonight. I will get some pics as soon as it works.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:45 AM
peakman

I'll post a pic shortly as soon as I figure it out........lol
Old 02-16-2006, 12:53 AM
peakman

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask away.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70062.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	409153  
Old 02-17-2006, 12:52 AM
badSN95

Thanks peakman, I never thought to put it there.

I have been thinking of putting together a list of parts from other buggies that will fit on the MATRIX. Anyone know of any so far? Should I create a new thread in here, or in the 1/8 forums?

I blew a bearing in my clutch bell today. I built a ramp out of snow in my yard and was hitting that at full speed when it happened. It caused my clutch to lock up so the car stalled when I left it idle. Is there a really good make of bearings that I should buy?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:13 AM
peakman

To be honest with you I have been running the RTR and so has the team up until the point of the pro kit parts trickling in, so in my honest opinion I would run the car the way it is and upgrade to the necessary parts that will benefit to the upgrade. Surpisingly enough the RTR kit is very competitive in that form. The only aftermarket thing I would run would be the front steering knuckles and the center spur gear. There are other parts but they can be purchased later down the road, but basically those parts make the car stronger for racing applications. If you do plan on racing the Matrix I would get the aluminum pieces that support the arms both front and rear. You can also get the hardened gears for the transmission, those would be upgrades that I would get first. And anything after that would be up to the owner. Here is the setup I have been running at my local track. NOTE: this setup may not suite your driving style but it works for me. I know some have asked for my setup but I was making some changes and didn't want to give you something I wasn't comfortable with. So here is what I ended up with:

Front:
5,000 GS diff oil
450 cps GS oil with (5/64) pistons
Stock Springs
middle top hole on tower
inner hole on arm
lower hole on upper arm
22 caster
Middle hole on ackerman plate
1 degree toe out
upper hole on caster block
ride height - arms just above level
Max travel

Center:
5,000 GS diff oil
Long milled chassis

Rear:
3,000 GS diff oil
300 cps GS oil with (5/64) pistons
stock springs
middle top hole on tower
inner hole on arm
3T2S block
hubs forward
Outter upper hole on hub
inner lowest hole on tower
lower hole on bottom of hub
-2.5 ' camber
rear arms level
Max travel

Old 02-17-2006, 05:16 AM
peakman

And to answer your question about clutch bearings or any other bearings, there are none better than Avid Bearings.

http://www.avidrc.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.