Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Ouch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Tinybaum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch

Truck vs. Fence post.. . . .post won...

Will update here later as to the damage

Tiny
Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Tinybaum

Default RE: Ouch

Update is broke the lower A-arm, and the shock. . .not as bad as i thought, guess this is a good a time as any to upgrade to the alum shocks.

Tiny
Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
JPKII

Do you have a Genesis?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Tinybaum

MT2
Old 01-24-2006, 06:26 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

if you hit the post with the tire at not too high of speeds that should be all. If you hit with the front bumper you need to check that your chassis isn't bent. Last time i hit a tree before i put my roll cage on, i bent my chassis a lot and my center diff was very very tight between the brake seat and frnt diff.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Tinybaum

I clipped it with the tire, doesnt look like anything else is bent/broken. Wasn't too high of speeds. . . just dumb on my part shouldnt have been running it there anyway. . . Its ok I have new shocks, and a-arms in the mail already. Should be here Friday, so sunday ill put it together, and try again on Monday. I tell ya she was running good till the accident, I finally had the brakes stopping right, and turning really well....i really need to find a place local with alot of space. . .

Tiny
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 PM
rshooch

glad to hear it wasnt nothin too major

Ryan
Old 01-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Tinybaum

Well I had planned on getting new shocks here soon. . . . .just not this soon. Really wish I could get some of these things local, had all day off too cold to fish, hunting season is about done. . .sure would have liked running this truck a lil more
Old 01-25-2006, 12:59 AM
dustin7837

I found the same thing. Takes forever to get parts, especially in canada. I have 2 funfactors so i keep a pretty good inventory of parts. Plus when i do upgrades i always keep the stock part just in case . Do keep a good stock of A arms, and the steering plastic pieces, especially if you run it in the cold. I run mine in up to -30 degrees celcius and at those temps things break easy...
Old 01-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Tinybaum

Dustin,

Yeah I am working on getting a stock of parts going. Only have had this truck for 3 weeks, so the stock is a little low, but i have plenty of Dif cups, and since I had to order some A-arms, I decided to order a few pair to have on hand. It sucks that i am breaking things, but if i hadnt i wouldnt have been on this board, nor would i have learned anything by taking the truck apart.

Tiny
Old 01-25-2006, 01:59 AM
dustin7837

Yup, takes a bit of time to learn about these things and get a feel for a new truck. I was a 2nd year apprentise mechanic at a GM dealership when i got my MT2, and i still had to stop and look to figure things out at first lol. Taking the whole thing apart and cleaning er up is the best way to learn about it. You get to see every part in detail and how it works.

good times!!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:05 AM
rshooch

yup just give it time young jedi lol
Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Tinybaum

Im giving it time jedi master. . .is that right??

All i have is time, and a great women that supports my addictions (RC*newest, Fishing, and Hunting. . . .lets not forget my real truck too)

She bought me the RC, guess i have to get her that ring here soon. . .

Tiny
Old 01-25-2006, 02:08 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you are having as much fun with the truck as I have had over the last couple of years... I have several other trucks that have come and gone, but the MT2 is still here... You will find that the truck is surprisingly easy to work on once you get used to it... I didn't keep the diff mod on my truck because I found that I was bending or breaking the dog bones and front cvd instead and they cost alot more... Just check for excessive play and limit the shock travel and the dog bones will last as will your diff cups.. I haven't broken one in months...
Its funny you said your woman supports your addictions... Mine also tolerates mine... No hunting(she's a tree hugger) fishing and R/C to the maxx...
as far as the ring thing... I'm in the same boat as you
Old 01-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Tinybaum

cenracer- i am a treee hugger too, everytime i climb into one, i hug it to make sure its gonna hold me

From what i can tell it looks that the a-arms slam down onto the dif cup causing to break, is that the case?

Tiny
Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
poor judgement

i believe its the suspensions extremes in travel - ie fully compressed or extended - which can lead to the dogbone catching or grabbing in the diff cup, which makes them snap.

ive only really run my cen shafts with the 2.2" rally wheels with modded cups, and the shafts are fine, as are the cups. could well be a different story with the mt wheels tho, but ive never used them.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
azzman

i believe its the suspensions extremes in travel - ie fully compressed or extended - which can lead to the dogbone catching or grabbing in the diff cup, which makes them snap.
yea I believe thats the problem too PJ, and this is exaggerated because of the flex in the lower arms, from the shock mount point out to the wheel end flexes a lot on hard landings which in turn move the shaft closer (and beyond) the edge of the diff cup, hence if you have the cup mod, the shaft will bend instead of the cup snapping.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:33 PM
cenracer1

poor judgement and azzman.. That's sounds about right.. I limit the suspension travel a bit with shock limiters and everything is fine
Old 01-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Tinybaum

Ok let me show you how lost I am, what are shock limiters

Tiny
Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
poor judgement

use a piece of fuel line or similar on the shock shaft to stop it using the full travel of the shaft. by putting the fuel line on the shaft outside the shock body, u will limit its compression, and by fitting it inside the body, under the piston, u will limit down travel/droop. each shock will have to be done equally and accurately to avoid strange handling.

cenracer - what are u using to limit it?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:56 PM
cenracer1

dubro yellow fuel tubing... Its a little harder than the cheap stuff and holds up fairly well... I also tried using rustler shock pistons and shafts but they are so cheap, they leaked too much... Any fuel tubing works fine, I just hate working on shocks, so I used something that lasts a bit longer..
Old 01-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Tinybaum

So what sixe fuel line fits the shocks?

Tiny
Old 01-27-2006, 07:11 PM
cenracer1

the same kind that you use for your fuel tank... I believe its medium to be exact...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Tinybaum

Is it worth it on alum shocks?

Tiny
Old 01-28-2006, 04:55 PM
cenracer1

I use alum shocks... I only had the stock ones for a month before I broke them... I use the tubing to limit shock travel.. (overall extension) so the cvd's and dog bones don't fall out.. It doesn't matter if they are aluminum or plastic..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.