Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Genesis transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Thos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis transmission

Before I start, let's get it straight, I love my Genesis. NOW, I Feel it is my duty to put my experience up on the board for everyone to see so that they can judge for themselves wether the Genny is for them. I Bought my Genny having never owned a nitro vehicle before. I since have had to change a servo, under guarantee, my rotostart cogs due to them being minced by the high compression, and yes I put a gallon thru it. And now the latest thing is my transmission is shot due to the fact that the slide selector for reverse shattered and broke 3 cogs in the process, and no I didn't try to pull a wheelie by throwing it into forward from reverse, I have been very good to the Genny but it has not been so good to me. I have ordered the replacement parts and look forward to getting her running again. My point is, The genesis is a big brute of a machine with tons of power but I feel that the guts of the machine are not up to the abuse it is intended for. I bought this truck under the impression that it was generation 3 which had most if not all it's soft spots sorted out. I also noticed that one of the joint cups on the transmission is badly worn due to friction after only 2-3 gallons of fuel, this is also on order. I'll be honest, I love the size of the Genesis but lately I've been looking at the likes of the EK4 as a replacement as the Genny is starting to cost me too much!
Old 06-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: Genesis transmission

Thos, that is part of this game.. prolly the black hole. heres the deal, you can get upgraded parts made of steel and aluminum.. they ll cost more. but they ll handle more. you ll also find after you put on stronger parts, you ll find the next weakest link in the chain.. no other truck will be any different.... and many would be worse... it seems everytime i drive my Tmaxx' i break or toast someting. its the nature of the hobby.. sooner or later, you ll become a better driver, and have less DRIVER issues, ie hitting curbs, trees, car tires ect.. and if you keep upgradeing you ll end up with a pretty durable and reliable truck, either way you ll spend some extra bling that is ALWAYS overlooked when first starting out.. Personally you made the right choice with the CEN in my opinion. i once heard someone say a line that sums up your situation pretty good.
" The only way you wont break or wear something out is if you put your truck on a self and forget about it, and dont knock it off the shelf" and it rings pretty true. things will break, but if they are easy and cheap to replace, then get new parts on and do it again.
hth and i also hope i didnt take the SHINE out of this killer hobby. ( but killer can be either loads of fun, or loads of money)
Timmahh
Old 06-11-2006, 03:49 AM
michelob78

ORIGINAL: Thos

Before I start, let's get it straight, I love my Genesis. NOW, I Feel it is my duty to put my experience up on the board for everyone to see so that they can judge for themselves wether the Genny is for them. I Bought my Genny having never owned a nitro vehicle before.......
You made a big leap in RC, starting in nitro with a genny. It would not be my recommendation. After all, you have 4 shoe clutch, three diffs, three speeds..... alot of adjustments and a huge learning curve. It gets easier..... you just need patience.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:31 PM
CEN Racing

Don't give up! The Genesis has never been touted as an "Entry level vehicle". But like I have said, "Don't give up!"
Old 06-15-2006, 10:50 AM
lancelothun

hy! Please help me CEN Racing support friends! My Genesis LE don't want to shift from 2th to 3th gear. I don't know what is the problem with my car, i made a 3 counter clockwise 3th gear screw changing, but it hadn't helped me in it. Please write me if you can, how can i set up the 3th gear transmission in my car. My fuel was Daytona 25%. My problem is, after my car shifted to 2th gear , then i give it more THortle and i hear my car sound's like F1 cars, i don't know the RPM......but it was horrible.....

Please help me, peter from HUNGARY
Old 06-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Thos

In reply to lancelothun, my Genesis did the very same thing no matter how much I adjusted it. In the end I went back to basics and tightened both adjustment screws all the way home, without overtightening and crushing the springs, and then loosened them off making sure to adjust them both exactly the same amount of turns. EVEN AFTER THIS, I still couldn't get it to shift from 2nd to 3rd, or so I thought. I put it on a stand and ran the engine at full throttle, it changed from 1st to 2nd to 3rd. What was happening was that I was running out of space before it had time to change. Just experiment but make sure you adjust both screws exactly the same.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:19 PM
CEN Racing

You can also try doing this mod to your third speed trany. This was submitted by another user to us and we have tested it and confirmed it works. View the pictures below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56573.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	478461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21202.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	478462  
Old 06-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Scott_GTR

Cen,

What is the modification we meant to be seeing in these pictures????
Old 06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
CEN Racing

The washers underneath the two clutch pucks.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cen, boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! Now the real fun begins!!!!!!! Third gear!!!! Hang ooonnn nnnoooowwww!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
CEN Racing

Yeah, it is a mod that we have been testing to help third gear engage more consistently. Seems to be working in early tests and may become the standard in the future Genesis trucks!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Scott_GTR

So how thick are they or doesn't it matter???
Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 PM
CEN Racing

The ones we used were 0.030" thick.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

hey maybe somebody could do a step by step on this.i have owned 3 Cen genesis and all shifted to 3rd gear but i usually to a full day of playing to get it to shift.Thanks for the posts
Old 08-26-2006, 05:18 PM
pirate 10

Hi

I have been having a bit of a problem trying to take the two external gears off of my Genesis. I have taken the Whole gearbox off of the chassis but not taken it appart. I have managed to undo the three M3*6 screws that hold the first cog on and take it off but I cannot remove the silver/chrome metal disc that the cog screws into. I have refered to the manual and it says that its held on buy a lock nut and a washer but the bar that its mounted on is not even threaded and it has not got a nut on it. Its just a solid bar with a hole cut through it at the end for a pin to slide through. It looks like there is nothing stopping the silver/chrome metal disc from sliding off but it wont budge. Apart from this I have not had any problems with the truck and I think its an amazing machine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Genesis_twin

The part that look like a solid shaft with a hole in it is actually a "top hat" shaped nut. Just stick an allen wrench through that hole and another through the hole on the other end of the shaft and unscrew it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85725.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	513757  
Old 08-26-2006, 11:22 PM
livindead

hey cen racing...figure this one out.....my genny is a first gen..and the three screws that hold the first and second gear spurs on that alloy clutch bell kept stippin out..and killin my pinion gears...i have drilled and retapped all three hole to a larger size and they are not strippin any more but im still strippin pinion gears the mesh is right and every thing looks to be lined up square but it keeps stripping gears.....are there new harder gears or something...i mean i havent touched the thing since like two months after i got it because all the trouble its given me..[mostly little things that can be forgiven]..but this gear thing has caused me to shelf a truck that SHOULD be king of the road....any help is good help...thanks