Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Melted the pull start cord!

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Melted the pull start cord!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
foresterxt
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Melted the pull start cord!

So I've got a Magnum NX with the .18 in it. It's got about a 15 tanks run through it. I was originally having some issues with it getting too hot and bogging down until it quit (even when it was running rich it would bog and quite). I cut some vent holes in the body which seemed to help. I ran it a few times this past weekend and when I went to pull the starter, the string just snapped. I proceeded to take off the engine and the pull start and noticed that it had actually melted the string. The strings that were coiled up inside were also melted and came out in clumps. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I know for sure the cord recoiled back into the engine after It ran so it's not like it was sitting on the exhaust or anything. Can I just run down to the hobby shop and get "pull string"?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 06-22-2006, 08:10 PM
craigb

Default RE: Melted the pull start cord!

Strange! its not the "melt-able" kinda sting normally.
But yes you can replace the string if the spring is O.K
Not sure if the model shop will have it (they will try and sell you a new pullstart )
I have MILES of pullstart string i got from a garden store... I think they first showed me some lawn mower sting which was far to thick but then they found pull start string thats for a 25cc leaf blower and its exactly the same stuff as used in our rc pullstarts

Good luck [8D]
Old 06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
foresterxt
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Melted the pull start cord!

Thanks, I thought it seemed a bit strange myself. The string has got that waxy coating on/in it which must have melted. The string didn't exactly totally melt, more or less crumbled into a few pieces. The spring is in perfect shape so I really just need the string. How to I reatache the spring to the backplate? Do I just put my finger on the spring and use a needle nose pliers to pull the little hook out and catch it on the back cover?

Thanks,

Dave