Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Electric Genesis and Nemesis

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Electric Genesis and Nemesis

Old 07-21-2006, 07:33 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Electric Genesis and Nemesis

Has any one seen these?????

http://finedesignrc.com/ct-cen.asp
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99561.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	494475  
Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Genesis and Nemesis

nope......

cool, I guess. But even though electrics are just as good as nitro, they feel more like toys to me somehow.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:59 PM
jigga2177

I'm not convinced that motor would be able to move the truck....I need a video.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I have to agree with jig, I need proof, this is where seeing is believing for me. And the claim that is faster than there counterparts I would believe is bogus, at the weight that it is pushing, I just can't see it. It might be quicker, but surely not faster. I need video, especially at $1200, or at least a R/C review from a 3rd party magazine of something. Just can't take their word for it at that price. Besides I chose nitro not for the speed factor, but for the pure fun of not having to charge it up, play for 10min, charge again for 30, play for 10, etc., etc. With LiPo batteries I wouldn't be able to afford extras. If someone could afford that truck though I guess they could probly cough up enough for extra batts too though. Wonder if it includes the LiPo charger as well, if not that's somemore money....uuuugggghhh[&o] It says RTRun but no mention of the charger in the description.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:31 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally don't care for electrics but with the motor that they are using it has the potential to go allot faster than a stock Genesis/Nemesis with allot less maintenance and cleaning. Extra batteries could be had for around a 100.00, which is about 4 gallons of nitro and their life span will be allot longer than what it takes to burn up 4 gallons of fuel. And with the lipos the run time is probably real close to the nitro versions especially with the weight loss of the engine and other associated parts that are no longer used.

Some people can't run or like nitro for various reasons and this would be a good option for those that can't, and it gives them the alternative to the E-Maxx.

rolland
Old 07-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Pyrotechnic

in the latest rccaraction mag they had the finedesign brushless lst2 and it would go 41mph so my guess is that the gen/nem go around that speed.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
happywing

You can trust that these will go as fast as they say, but for how long? These high-powered electrics are a bit unstable. I've messed with electric conversions. It's very hard to come up with a combination that will last 15-20 minutes straight without frying. My buggy conversion was a real terror. I had a cheap Ofna MBX R2 that would just dominate the Mugens and the 777's at the track. Problem was, I couldn't last 20 minutes without a thermal shutdown. Finally, mine burned. Yup, actual flames! I now have a nitro MBX-5 and I couldn't be happier. Also, I hope everyone here knows by now that you don't want to buy anything from Fine Design. The customer service is pathetic and the owner is rude.