Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Nemesis Axle Slop Fixed!!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:28 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nemesis Axle Slop Fixed!!

Hey guys,, Ever notice how much axle slop the stock nemesis and genesis has on the in and out movement of the axle stub.. well i did and i just had to do something about it..

while looking for the perpetrator :

As I said before..I noticed the stub axles moved in and out alot!! ok easy.. use some shims, except trying to find shims at the hardware that were thin enough just didn't workout. I went to local industrial harware store but they did not have anything thin enough either,,Really!! Then I was shopping on the bay and ran across [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190029840393&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1]THIS[/link] add, so I took a chance... and sure enough... there was enough in the pack to put three on each axle(see pic Below For Location) I only needed two per axle tho..

That problem solved.....BUT then I noticed some up and down movement on the same damned stub axle!![:@] Ok no problem.. nothing a little red locktight in the right place inside the area where the bearing goes into the hub carrier wouldn't help.. Be Very Carefull not to use too much(I used a toothpick to apply it)..let dry for an hour before re-assembly...Guess what!! Still a minor wobble with tire on it!!!!! Argh!![:@][:@]

Shoot!! the wheel nut with the pin thru it was wiggling ever so slightly but enough that with the wheel on it was noticable....well of coarse there is screw in the end of the stub axle mod, posted elswhere on this forum..But I just had to be different...You know the screws used in the shock resevior to bleed them with..well that just happens to be the perfect length and thread size for the old version Axle stub pin set screw threads, and with just a dab of Blue locktight......FIXED!!!! all of it!!

Holy Cow..the wheels are now dialed..it was amazing how much these three mods help this thing handle!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48017.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	523680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51956.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	523681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42973.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.1 KB