Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN #2 Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN #2 Thread...

Freedom of speech?

Jesus, if theres an issue with reliability or the integrity of a product, does the manufacturer not want honest and fair feedback?

This is starting to sound like the "Old Cen". I still have a copy of the post that was made by an ex-employee of theirs...

So cmon guys, that whole "New" rule thread is BS. It basically says that if a forum user isnt singing the praises of your company, then they are not welcome. What kind of honest company policy and customer support is that?

Just my 2p worth, lock it or delete it as per Cens rules...
Old 11-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: CEN #2 Thread...

I thought LS7505s' thread was informative rather than disrespectful and negative. TBH I found it to be a pretty good read!! All I saw was a guy posting what has happened in the running of his two trucks, not in a way to deter others from buying but rather to help people who may have been experiencing the same problems. It is obvoius that LS7505 knows his way around mechanics and it might be invaluable reading for a relative newbie to go over his threads when they have trouble starting their new GST on Christmas day! I don't mean to speak out of turn but I thought locking his thread was a bit harsh, I mean he did like the truck enough to buy a second one!! JMO.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:42 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah Locking that thread was a mistake..This guy is new to the forum, he was just stating facts and he was trying to be as fair as one could be...I he has had problems and he has specific problems, then why not give all a heads up on what to look for...I thought it was a good iteration done in a "matter of fact" way. his thread should not have been locked.. what kind of messege is that giving the newcomers about the product and this support forum. LS7505,, stay strong brother, you will get your messege out!!We heard it!!

And above all, have fun!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:47 PM
poor judgement

Exactly.

Fun, reliable fun, that is what makes you stick with a brand. We are the consumers. We know the strengths and any weaknesses in your products and give you Cen guys the feedback. Why would you not want that? Seems a bit odd to me.

Any chance of a JT Racing chassis?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kind of felt the same way... I didn't see it as an attack of cen but rather just an honest observation... I don't know what was wrong with his genesis, but it happens... My Mt2 had and still has many unresolved issues... thankfully, I don't rely on one truck to run.. I know cen has improved lightyears from the mt2 thru the matrix, but don't look like some of the other companies and forget about your great customer service... Hiding behind some forum rules doesn't cut it... Take the comments and use them to your advantage... constructive critisism is a good thing....
I just picked up an Hpi Baja 5B for my new ride, but am still looking to the genesis or 7.7 in the spring.(hate nitro in the winter)... Don't want to have to look elsewhere.[&o]
Old 11-03-2006, 07:38 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! I just read the #2 thread. Did CEN Racing just suggest one of their customers sell both of their CEN vehicles and buy from a competitor? Might have to read that one again, surely a company would not suggest a customer who bought not 1 but 2 of their RC's sell them and buy something else. I was really glad to see CEN Racing freqenting this forum again. We go through so much here that could use their input, but this gastapo approach to customer service is just wrong. I thought RCU was a neutral 3rd party site. This forum should be CEN's opportunity to come out and address problems and concerns about their product in a constructive manner and encourage people to BUY their products. The new product announcements and event announcements are nice and it's good to see CEN Racing post what the company is up to.

However you slice it, we are the customer. Like us or not. If you are going to come on here and represent the company CEN Racing, then you need to learn some social skills. We are the customer. We bought your product, then we bought more of your products. I would appreciate it if you could try and make us proud to own the CEN Racing products.

That's pretty much my 2 cents on this matter.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:54 PM
The Real Dogman

Alvin, I believe they did!!!!I wonder if friday has anything to do with it..you know how some of thoses california boys are...did I just type that??Opps sorry broke the rules..

WHAATTTTT???!!!??? Just having fun.........
Old 11-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Tinybaum

Here is my Point of view

I have had nothing but problems with my truck....sucks sometimes ya know.....i step away for a few weeks or month then come back to it..

CEN,

Maybe you should have spent those millions of dollers on durability?

I do not agree with this crap of not being able to post our own opinion whether its good or bad.....shouldnt matter. If I write a bad review for rcuniverse it would still get posted correct?

Number 1 complaint I see on any board is CEN's customer service needs work.....and telling someone to sell their trucks quietly is WRONG.....That's going to ruin this "improved" image more then him stating his issues with CEN and Their Products.

As we know this thread will be locked too. So be it.

I agree with what everyone else has already said

TINY
Old 11-04-2006, 12:53 AM
jombo

thats pretty sad when a manufacturer tells you to sell their trucks and buy something different. i also have both and like you said once they actually start and run their fine but other times , well you know. i also had the throttle servo strip at break-in sent it in and they sent me a new one 3 weeks later. to this day i still havent heard it go into third gear either the nemesis or the genesis le, but what do i know i'm just an amature tuner ( btw i am in the prosess of making a tranny for the lst2 with a center diff so what do i know).

what i suggest is buy a lst2, go to the lst2 forum and the boys their are very modest about this truck because they wont tell anyone about it( its like a secret). this is the easiest truck to start and run and if you actually read the manual ( i know , what a consept) YOU CAN BREAK IT IN AND FLIP IT ON ITS LID EVERY TIME. its the only truck besides the savage 25 , that actually stays tuned from one time to the next time run.
good luck on your next purchace.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31914.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	554012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39188.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	554013  
Old 11-04-2006, 01:36 AM
CEN Racing

We apologize for the inconverneince. The thread was locked to prevent futher flame war. There were some posts with negative language (not by LS7505) and we think its better to just stop it there. NO other purpose intended. We apprecriate LS7505's posts and that is why we only lock it instead of simply delete the thread. If we are trying to cover up something, the thread will be deleted long time ago Dont you think?

We take our customer's opinions seriously and we evaluate them while designing and improving our products. Thank you for choosing CEN Racing
Old 11-04-2006, 01:46 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I don't see anything wrong with someone posting their experiences wtih a particular RC or brand of RC. Personally i have had good luck wtih CEN products. Better than I had wtih traxxas or HPI anyway.
I mean, if it wasn't for user feedback, more people would have gotten warheads lol.

I do know what it's like to have customers bash your companies products (I was a GM sevice consultant), and sometimes its hard even in person not to say anyhting, and it's pretty easy to over react on the net because you never have to be face to face with the person, but I thought that letter was mostly informative, but maybe it did have a bitter tone to it.

just my 2cents.
(worth twice PJ's 2p)
Old 11-04-2006, 01:54 AM
RC30GTR

I have only good things to say about CEN and their product too. Very well done.

seriouly, i think we are making a big deal out of this, its like the only threads CEN ever locked despite all the bad talking in the past. On the other hand, posts like that does turn into flame war..... they always did. Not to mention thats his 1st post after owning 2x CEN truck. It is right after GST came out too. It does sound a little fishy... maybe thats why CEN lock it. Maybe LS7075 works for Traxxas... j/k

Old 11-04-2006, 02:48 PM
CEN Racing

We have decided to reopen the thread in the intrest of FREE Speach and public opinion.

CEN Racing
Old 11-04-2006, 04:25 PM
The Real Dogman

You know CEN does have a point about how THEY want the open forums to be used, thats why there are rules posted, AND should be read by all.. But in the name of free speech were can we discuss issues we've had with products. As customers, we've paid our hard earned money for 1 and sometimes two, three and four units. It seems to me that if a company truely embraced the support their customers gave them(you read that right), they would want open discussions about the products in question. Unbiased reviews are a great source of information, however are 1 sided. A true discussion with manufacturers and customers is invaluable to growth and development of a true quality product. Not to mention, the sense of security in brand loyalty that customers who do frequent these open forums can foster. Your FREE tech support is a wonderful thing almost as good as your products and customer service. But if you are going to offer this kind of support(forums), then alienating your customer base from openly discussing these products is questionable.
So CEN, I ask with the utmost respect intended. We will need this clarified. Where is it we customers can discuss your product with or without you with absolute truth and inhabition, and feel as tho this company will embrace our suggestions, concerns and praises without breaking YOUR rules? Possibly using modified rules..

I hope you understand, no offense intended(flaming), just a customer management and marketing question.

Let me know if I'm out of line.

Sometimes, I can be a major smart*****. But being in management in one of the largest companies in my industrial sector, this sort of thing gets my attention.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:14 PM
poor judgement

What if someone breaks a diff-cup? Can we suggest the mod, or is that flaming? Where is the line on this?

It all seems well overboard to me, as I dont see any "flame war" that is being mentioned, so where is the issue?

as for making a big thing of it - its not so long ago that people really were not singing the praises of Cen at all. Sure, they seemed to pull their finger out for a while, but this "Rule" thread and that locking of the review thread, just hark back to the Cen of old. Which sucked.

Besides... just how much assistance do Cen actually give out on this forum compared to the users exchanging mods etc? Seems a bit off that Cen are dictating stringent rules when they dont offer all that much help overall, we appreciate what there is, but it seems somewhat unbalanced, dare I say it... Red...

just my 2cents.
(worth twice PJ's 2p)
I think youll find thats the wrong way round mate...
Old 11-04-2006, 11:43 PM
rolland

To the best of my knowledge this is the largest active CEN forum on the internet. I personally do not understand why you wouldn't spend the majority of your time here trying to help people with their questions and problems.

Myself and a few others here have seen the changes in customer support over the years and in my opinion it has definitely improved. But to lock a thread to stop the discussion or possible rebuttals or help with the mentioned problems isn't very positive or supportive.
Personally if I was in your position I would rather have the opportuntiy to dispute a bad review instead of locking it or deleting it.

As far as taking or suggestions or comments seriously I am not to sure about. Somehow I envisioned the re design of the FF's a little bit differently than what the Magnum/Talons are.

In my opinion if well written reviews are not allowed here because it is a tech support forum then new product announcements and special offers shouldn't be allowed here either.

I agree with every thing that the other members have posted here so far. But I do have one suggestion, it is obvious that there are several people that have moderator privledges and post under the same CEN Racing account you might want to try and limit this. It gets a little wierd some times.

But the bottom line I suppose is that you are paying for the space and you will do with it as you see fit regardless of peoples opinions.

I'm done ranting now,

rolland
Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 AM
laydback

In other words, you're basiclly stating that you only want positive reviews listed in your thread because , and I quote , "We have spent millions of dollars to improve our image over the past 3 years and we can not allow individuals as yourself to destroy our hard work because of your bad experience"

Do you realize what you just said???

Those millions of dollars are worthless if you don't accept negative feedback from upset customers. That's just plain common sense. Personally I've had great history with CEN support and I own two Matrix Pros and love em. But after reading your response to LST's post that has definatly changed. I've worked in customer service all my life as an IT consultant, and one major rule that applies in any field is NEVER respond to a customer in a way that could/would make them feel inferior as you plainy did, intentionally or not. As long as you interact with the customer on their level, a bad experience most often will end up positive. In your case a bad experience turned into a much worse one.

Millions of dollars down the drain... I guess money cant buy common sense.

My 2 cents, it'll probably get deleted anyways.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the whole response by CEN was poorly thought out and badly worded. Quietly sell your trucks and go shoot aliens on an Xbox 360?!!! Theses are not things I would be expecting the fastest growing r/c company in the World to be telling owners to do. One thing is for certain though,somewhere there are two CEN trucks for sale from one very dissatisfied owner!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 AM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: Scouser

One thing is for certain though,somewhere there are two CEN trucks for sale from one very dissatisfied owner!

Maybe more!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 AM
poor judgement

Bring back Jeremy - I bet he could sort this out.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
RC30GTR

honestly, why r we arguing about this? If this is happening on traxxas forum on traxxas website, it will be long gone and all of us will be banned already. CEN actually tried to help here (maybe not all the time..) and we shouldnt take it for granted. Some members are posting negatives things here just to get attention then get free stuff to cover their own mistakes. I seen so many of them in this forum. THey never post again after they get the free stuff. Besides, what other manufacture even cares of their customer? None of them even come on and post.

btw, this thread is still alive with all the bashing and the cen thread 2 is still available for view.. i really think all of us overrated. Afterall, LS7075 might be working for traxxas ...j/k
Old 11-05-2006, 04:31 PM
The Real Dogman

good retort rc30gtr,, you just proved the theory of freedom speech!!! I mean open and honest discussion of the issues, Just as CEN did when they Posted A Resonse But Crossed the line when they used their purchased power here and locked the thread

And Maybe Just Maybe WE Loyal CEN Fans Expect More From Our Manufacturer to raise the level of quality to shake the previous Reputation CEN has been trying to rebuild.

I will tell you as a "bigger picture" perspective, they have come along way, save for the odd goofball that posts replies like that.

Anyway,,,good talk....
Old 11-05-2006, 04:40 PM
RC30GTR

thanks....... I have no doubt in my mind that they will take care of us as always. i am sure whoever was posting that post was either drunk or under emotional stress, haha hope that doesnt happen again..
Old 11-06-2006, 07:04 PM
thercracingdude

ORIGINAL: RC30GTR

thanks....... I have no doubt in my mind that they will take care of us as always. i am sure whoever was posting that post was either drunk or under emotional stress, haha hope that doesnt happen again..
I belive he is under finacial stess! He definatly is passionate about his job though.

OK - back to rc cars and racing! Who is racing this weekend?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
LS7505

Hey everyone

WOW! I honestly cannot believe how much this has blown up. It’s also hard to believe this thread got more feedback AND got it faster than ever in comparison to my original “My Comments on CEN” post. After the thread “My Comments on CEN” was locked, I purposely didn’t repost it the next day. I figured I had attracted an immature forum member and would just let the hype die down before making “My Comments on CEN #2.” I also didn’t post the thread “My Comments on CEN #2” with the feeling that the original thread was locked because I violated CEN Racing’s TOS rules. I was under the impression it got locked because of a disorderly forum member posting inappropriate material. Having “My Comments on CEN #2” locked was utterly shocking to say the least. To be honest, I never expected something like this to come as a result of my review of CEN, but it is a good thing to discuss such issues. As many of you know, I was just giving fellow CEN owners and possible future CEN owners a review from my perspective and some of you picked up on the central reason for me writing such a lengthy assessment. I just wanted to help.

Now to comment on something of less importance, since I wasn’t planning on this happening. Like I’ve said before, I only planned on writing a non-bias review on things the way I saw them, but I feel commenting on what CEN wrote in response to “My Comments on CEN #2” is mandatory.

CEN, I was quite offended by what was said to me and I find it rather surprising that such comments came from such a popular, up-and-coming, and multi-million dollar corporation like yourselves. As I understand it from this part of your response,

“Even though you don't think/feel so, you are bashing us with your review, which we see as a personal flame on the company. We have spent millions of dollars to improve our image over the past 3 years and we can not allow individuals as yourself to destroy our hard work because of your bad experience. Please share them in a blog at myspace.com or go shoot aliens on Xbox360.”– CEN Racing

I discussed only the negative aspects of your products. I’m beginning to think you did not read my review closely enough, saw mostly negative concepts, and wrote it off as “bashing” or “a personal flame on the company” as you call it. If you read it closely and carefully, you will find I was VERY fair in what I wrote. As stated in my earlier threads, I wrote a review pointing out many negative issues with both the Nemesis and GST, but frankly many other frequent forum members have the same exact problems so this is most certainly not bashing or flaming the CEN brand name. In my write-up, you will find I gave credit where credit was due and was very open in doing so. I wrote my analysis with a polite, well-mannered, and educated tone but in return was treated like a child who would possibly “go shoot aliens on Xbox360” out of anger or rage. This brings up another crucial point. I was not angry whatsoever with anyone or anything and I thought I kept my calm exceptionally well with no bitterness intended. Also, I can tell you first hand that my review is not destroying your hard work, because not only did I buy a Nemesis and have issues with it, but I was a loyal customer and purchased a GST. Hopefully, there will be a peaceful resolve to all of this.

- LS7505

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.